Windows 10: Multiple BSOD while using OBS Studio

Discus and support Multiple BSOD while using OBS Studio in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I attached the DMP files to this. My computer has been BSOD multiple times they seem to be all different. It only seems to happen when using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by teamsheetz, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Multiple BSOD while using OBS Studio

Hello,

I attached the DMP files to this. My computer has been BSOD multiple times they seem to be all different. It only seems to happen when using OBS Studio's to live stream to youtube. Please take a look and let me know what drivers are causing this.

Thanks

:)

teamsheetz, Aug 5, 2017

2. If I capture my screen pc automatically turn off.

Capturing video. I used OBS Studio, Snagit, Bandicam ant other.

ArturMinasyan, Aug 5, 2017
  3. AniKato Win User
    BSOD during gaming

I was playing HITMAN while streaming it online to Twitch (using OBS, Open Broadcaster Software) when my computer suddenly BSODs a few hours in. After restarting my computer after the BSOD, the game proceeded to crash multiple times thereafter (but no more
    BSODs) and it really disrupted my experience. I'm not sure what's wrong with my computer. I've collected the memory dump from the BSOD but I cannot open and read the file. Any help of resolving my issue is greatly appreciated.

My MEMORY.DMP and msinfo32.nfo files can be downloaded here:

MEGA

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

AniKato, Aug 5, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

Multiple BSOD while using OBS Studio

There were multiple bsod mini dump files debugged.
    There were 2 misbehaving drivers identified
    Windows failed fast startup.
    There were a lot of retired blocks seen in the event logs.
    The bios is 6 years old.

Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:

1) sfc /scannow

2) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

3) chkdsk /scan

4) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread

5) Sometimes there are problems in the bios that produce bsod.

The bios in your computer: BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 0810, 9/28/2011

6) Please check to see if this is the most up to date version.

7) To ensure that there are no improper bios settings please reset the bios.

Sometimes there can be failure to boot after resetting the bios.

8) So please make sure your files are backed up.

9) Please make a backup image with Macrium:

Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free:
    Macrium Software | Your Image is Everything

10) And please create a restore point.

How to Clear Your Computers CMOS to Reset BIOS Settings:

How to Clear Your Computers CMOS to Reset BIOS Settings

3 Ways to Reset Your BIOS - wikiHow:

3 Ways to Reset Your BIOS - wikiHow

11) The best way to fix the misbehaving Nvidia driver is to uninstall everything Nvidia using Display driver uninstaller and install new drivers from the computer manufacturer's website or from the Nvidia website.

The computer manufacturer's web site is preferred. Enter the computer's serial or product number and the operating system to view available drivers.

If you use the Nvidia web site be sure the "clean install" box is checked and only install the graphics driver and the physx driver.

Official Display Driver Uninstaller DDU Download

Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 17.0.7.2

Display Driver Uninstaller: How to use - Windows 7 Help Forums[2]=Hardware%20and%20Drivers

12) Uninstall and reinstall: Realtek driver: rt640x64.sys
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...=1436753520149

13) Turn off Windows fast startup:

Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10 Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

14) Run HDTune on all drives
    to check the health,scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    run a benchmark.

It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    the health,
    the error scan,
    the benchmark incl. following
    transfer rate,
    access time,
    burst rate,
    cpu usage.
    Take Screenshot in Windows 10 Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

15) Run Sea tools for windows on your drive using SMART, short and long generic tests:

How to use SeaTools for Windows
    http://www.seagate.com/support/downl...ls-win-master/
    How to use SeaTools for Windows
    http://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/seatools/

Code: ffffc200`dedc18d8 fffff801`a9ed6c29Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\rt640x64.sys, Win32 error 0n2*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rt640x64.sys*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rt640x64.sys rt640x64+0x16c29[/quote] Code: rt640x64 Realtek RT640 NT Drive Realtek RT640 NT Drive Kernel Manual Running OK TRUE FALSE 0 581,632 0 10/5/2016 9:32:55 AM C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\rt640x64.sys 4,096[/quote]
    Code: ffffc200`dedc1148 fffff801`aaa2bc73Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_desktop_ref4i.inf_amd64_1854074a80c04de8\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys nvlddmkm+0x9bc73[/quote] Code: Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC0000001.[/quote] rt640x64.sys Realtek NICDRV 8169 PCIe GBE Family Controller driver http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&GetDown=false
    nvlddmkm.sys nVidia Video drivers Download Drivers | NVIDIA
    Get from OEM for laptops

zbook, Aug 6, 2017
Thema:

Multiple BSOD while using OBS Studio

1. Multiple BSOD while using OBS Studio - Similar Threads - Multiple BSOD while

2. Blue screens while using OBS Studio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screens while using OBS Studio: I have been having a repeatable "kmode_exception_not_handled" blue screen while using OBS Studio 64 bit. I've had it happen twice in the past day, here are the .dmp files:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtoNNyNRWksujxVDrC9snG4sqSSFMy computer's...
  3. Blue screens while using OBS Studio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screens while using OBS Studio: I have been having a repeatable "kmode_exception_not_handled" blue screen while using OBS Studio 64 bit. I've had it happen twice in the past day, here are the .dmp files:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtoNNyNRWksujxVDrC9snG4sqSSFMy computer's...
  4. Blue screens while using OBS Studio

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. WIndows 10 OBS studio problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIndows 10 OBS studio problem: So I installed OBS Studio on my laptop.but when It created a shortcut on my desktop, this happened The logo on desktop is not looking fine but then on the taskbar it seems to be fine, and just for info I reinstalled it , removed and remade the desktop shortcut...
  6. OBS Studio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    OBS Studio: When other people install OBS studio it installs to the program files in there C drive. But when I do it, it is locked away in the Program data. And when I go to my graphics settings and click browse, you cant enter your program data. Basically I'm trying to fix the blacks...
  7. BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED 1e only while streaming with OBS Studio

BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED 1e only while streaming with OBS Studio: Every time I stream to Twitch, I get this error - BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED 1e - and my computer restarts. There have been a few times when the message was different, but the vast majority of them read this way. According to BlueScreenView, this is probably caused by...
  8. BSOD Errors *only* when using OBS Studio - NDU.sys issue?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD Errors *only* when using OBS Studio - NDU.sys issue?: Hi all, I am scratching my head and going crazy over constant BSOD errors. Each error has been different so far, however the recent ones seem to be all NDU.sys issues. The only time I am facing these issues is usually after I open OBS or close OBS sometimes during using it...
  9. OBS Studio on VPS Server?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OBS Studio on VPS Server?: does anyone know a Windows vps server where you can run OBS Studio? i have noticed with the normal windows vps servers that they turn off their graphics card as soon as you close the remote desktop connection. some people talk about how you can somehow stop it with...
  10. I cannot use OBS Studios on this Lenovo laptop

I cannot use OBS Studios on this Lenovo laptop: Howdy, Back in March, I deleted some files in an abortive attempt to give myself admin privileges and install some Python software. Long story short, my laptop has not functioned as well since. I found solutions for several issues, but one I still need help with is using...