Windows 10: Multiple BSOD with different Errors

Discus and support Multiple BSOD with different Errors in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone I've been experiencing multiple BSOD Errors in the last few month. BSOD Errors I'm getting: - Kernel Security Check Failure -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tarinya, Jun 20, 2017.

1. tarinya Win User

Multiple BSOD with different Errors

Hello everyone

I've been experiencing multiple BSOD Errors in the last few month.
    BSOD Errors I'm getting:

- Kernel Security Check Failure
    - Driver irql not less or equal
    - Driver corrupted expool

I have tried reinstalling Windows 10 from scratch to no avail. The crashes seem to be happening at random. I'm mostly using this PC for gaming.

I have next to no experience solving such issues, so any help is greatly appreciated!

Attachment 140502

p.s. My operating system is in german. I hope that doesn't pose a problem in reading the attached files.

:)

tarinya, Jun 20, 2017
  2. Zyplox Win User

Repeated BSOD with multiple different errors + Rapid turn on and shut down

it seems like an abrupt issue

how do i set a system restore point?

sometimes, auto shutdowns occur even when the computer is not running a game

I get different error messages each time, but the relevant event ids are the same, "Kernel-power" (ID 41)

Here's the details:

Log Name: System

Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power

Date: 31/5/2016 1:20:03 PM

Event ID: 41

Task Category: (63)

Level: Critical

Keywords: (70368744177664),(2)

User: SYSTEM

Computer: Alienware

Description:

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />

<EventID>41</EventID>

<Version>3</Version>

<Level>1</Level>

<Task>63</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-05-31T05:20:03.960266800Z" />

<EventRecordID>18287</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>Alienware</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>

<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>

<Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Zyplox, Jun 20, 2017
  3. Repeated BSOD with multiple different errors + Rapid turn on and shut down

Hello Zyplox,

We regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you from here.

Now, to be able to understand the issue better, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• Is it an abrupt issue? Did you make any software and hardware changes to the computer prior to the issue
    • Do you have a System Restore point set in Windows prior to the issue?
    • Apart from the games, do you experience any performance issues while working normally in Windows 10?
    • What is the error message in the Blue Screen error? Also, did you check the for the relevant Event Ids in Windows pertaining to the issue?

Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to consider a few important points that can help you.

• PC games will generally have two sets of system requirements, the ‘minimum’ and the ‘recommended’. So it again depends on the game and how much PC resource it needs to run at optimal performance.
    • Next, certain performance tweaking/monitoring programs may seem to help, but it is only as good as a separate program running in the background. Few third party antivirus/firewall programs may also cause such issues.
    Next, I suggest you to place the computers in a Clean Boot state and then run the game.

It helps to identify if there are any third party application/software to be causing the issue.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Finally, check for Windows update to look for latest drivers for audio and video devices installed in your computer which helps improve performance related to gaming in Windows.

Reference: Update drivers in Windows 10

Write to us with the updated status and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 20, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello tarinya and welcome to Tenforums *Smile

In two of your mini-dumps there is a reference to the graphics driver:

Code: fffff803`f8238770 fffff80a`a7c6a41cUnable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_ref_pubwu.inf_amd64_f9309145156afb40\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys nvlddmkm+0xda41c[/quote] Your NVidia driver version is 22.21.13.8205
    The latest version is 22.21.13.8253

Please update the NVidia driver. The best way to do this is to uninstall everything of Nvidia using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from the NVidia website. When you do this be sure the "clean install" box is checked and only install the Graphics driver and the PhysX driver.

philc43, Jun 20, 2017
  5. zbook New Member
    The German I could not read so I was not able to read the files.
    What is Nicht verfügbar?
    If you can post in English we can then search the logs and provide more troubleshooting.

Do you overclock or use software or hardware raid?

Code:
    [BugCheck D1, {69187, 2, 0, fffff80aa41e64b3}
     Probably caused by : storport.sys ( storport!RaidAdapterAcquireInterruptLock+27 )

/CODE]

Code: BugCheck 139, {3, ffff88016d23a720, ffff88016d23a678, 0} Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiFastFailDispatch+d0 )[/quote]  
      Code: BugCheck 139, {3, ffffb60059e5c440, ffffb60059e5c398, 0} Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExDeferredFreePool+22db )[/quote]   Code: BugCheck D1, {10018, 2, 0, fffff80caf1a64b3} Probably caused by : storport.sys ( storport!RaidAdapterAcquireInterruptLock+27 )[/quote]  
     [url='https://www.sysnative.com/drivers/driver.php?id=ntkrnlpa.exe']ntkrnlpa.exe[/url] see ntoskrnl.exe Windows Update   

[url='https://www.sysnative.com/drivers/driver.php?id=storport.sys']storport.sys[/url] Microsoft Storage Port Driver Windows Update   
     Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
     1) winver (in the pop up about windows > view your windows version and build > type this information into the thread)
     2) sfc /scannow
     3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
     4) chkdsk /scan
     When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on copy > paste into the thread

zbook, Jun 21, 2017
  6. tarinya Win User
    Hello philc

Thank you for your help! I did as you suggested and reinstalled the nvidia drivers
    Attachment 140596

tarinya, Jun 21, 2017
  7. tarinya Win User
    Hello zbook

Thank you for your help!

It means "not available"

I will try your steps as soon as possible and get back to you.

tarinya, Jun 21, 2017
  8. philc43 Win User

Let us know how it goes and if you get any more BSOD events please post a new set of logfiles. *Smile

philc43, Jun 21, 2017
  9. tarinya Win User
    Everythings fine until now, but I've only run the PC for maybe an hour since. In the meantime here are the log files in english.

tarinya, Jun 21, 2017
  10. zbook New Member
    zbook, Jun 22, 2017
  11. tarinya Win User
    Dear zbook

I don't know what that is. so I'm guessing I'm not doing any of it *Wink

What do you mean by "reseat your drives"? Make sure the cables are pluged in tight?

Here the requested output:

winver:
    Version 1703 (OS Build 15063.413)

sfc:

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

dism:
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.15063.0

Image Version: 10.0.15063.0

[==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.
    The operation completed successfully.

chkdsk:
    The type of the file system is NTFS.

Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ...
    521728 file records processed.
    File verification completed.
    30945 large file records processed.
    0 bad file records processed.

Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ...
    591780 index entries processed.
    Index verification completed.
    0 unindexed files scanned.
    0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found.

Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...
    Security descriptor verification completed.
    35027 data files processed.
    CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...
    35481312 USN bytes processed.
    Usn Journal verification completed.

Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.
    No further action is required.

243196927 KB total disk space.
    40594184 KB in 190072 files.
    133488 KB in 35028 indexes.
    0 KB in bad sectors.
    642639 KB in use by the system.
    65536 KB occupied by the log file.
    201826616 KB available on disk.

4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
    60799231 total allocation units on disk.
    50456654 allocation units available on disk.

tarinya, Jun 22, 2017
  12. zbook New Member
    zbook, Jun 25, 2017
  13. tarinya Win User

Everything is running smoothly since the driver update. Thank you so much for your help!

I will definitely report back should there be any more bsod.

I'm not fully trusting the problem is solved yet. Sometimes there were quite a few days in between bsod's.

tarinya, Jun 25, 2017
  14. tarinya Win User
    Hello everyone
    Just when I thought I should mark this as solved: I've had another bsod. This time the error message said: "KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED". Here are the new logs.

Here's a screenshot from hard disk sentinel. Even though my system language is english, hds is in german and i didn't find a way to change the language settings. sorry for that.

Attachment 142117

tarinya, Jul 1, 2017
  15. philc43 Win User
    I think this last crash was triggered because you had another "Disk 2 has been surprise removed" event.

I'm not too familiar with the causes but something is making the PnP manager think the disk is disconnecting. Please check your cables or try a different port for Disk 2. You can find which one it is by looking at the Disk Management (right click on the Start button).

philc43, Jul 1, 2017
Thema:

1. Multiple BSOD with different Errors - Similar Threads - Multiple BSOD different

2. Multiple BSOD with different error messages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSOD with different error messages: For a while I'm having trouble with constant BSODs in my computer. The most common is: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION dxgkrnl.sys; IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL; KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED USBXHCI.SYS; DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL pacer.sys -- it's some of documented in past days, but...
  3. Multiple BSOD with different error messages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple BSOD with different error messages: For a while I'm having trouble with constant BSODs in my computer. The most common is: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION dxgkrnl.sys; IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL; KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED USBXHCI.SYS; DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL pacer.sys -- it's some of documented in past days, but...
  4. Multiple BSOD with different error messages

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Multiple BSOD different errors

Multiple BSOD different errors: I keep getting multiple Blue Screen of Deaths with alot of different errors. Though I get the following one fairly frequently, maybe 1 in 5. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Is anyone able to take a look at my files below: Minidump files System Information msinfo32 Desktop...
  6. Multiple different BSOD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple different BSOD: Hello, So I'm encountering a lot of blue screens, often with different reasons. How it cam to this: A few weeks ago my PC turned very slow, malewarbytes discovered some malware, but the pc stayed slow. Later I found out, that the watercooler wasn't working properly.. I...
  7. Multiple BSODs with different error messages

Multiple BSODs with different error messages: Hi twice while playing video games and once while not I've encountered 3 blue screens with different error messages. The first was memory_management, the second irql_not_less_or_equal and the last was page fault in nonpaged area. After the first two I updated my graphics...
  8. Multiple BSOD different errors.

Multiple BSOD different errors.: In order the errors have been: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION The system is a new system and I'm at a loss at what is causing this. Here are the DMP files. https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah_alY6GX0UBpFumlfc2izCKiTmI?e=TtcBbj...
  9. Multiple different BSOD

Multiple different BSOD: Hi, really hope someone can be my hero here. Have a new build PC, worked fine for a month, then constant BSOD, with all kinds of different error messages, including: IRQL not less or equal Driver overran stack buffer Kernel auto boost lock acquisition with raised irql kernel...
  10. Multiple different BSODs

Multiple different BSODs: Hello, I have had this self built desktop for about half a year so far and I am running dual monitors off the NVIDIA GeForce 1050 TI graphics card. The issue is only occurring when I am running youtube on one monitor and playing a game on the other monitor (runescape). I have...