Windows 10: Multiple BSODs during Driver verification: FPWinlo.sys

Discus and support Multiple BSODs during Driver verification: FPWinlo.sys in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello all. I have begun receiving several BSOD's including IRQL_DRIVER_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, to FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. I have done some digging on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MGUY10, Sep 29, 2016.

1. MGUY10 Win User

Multiple BSODs during Driver verification: FPWinlo.sys

Hello all. I have begun receiving several BSOD's including IRQL_DRIVER_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, to FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. I have done some digging on the Ten forums, and after having done some troubleshooting, I believe it is some kind of fault with my drivers. After having run Driver Verify, I instantly get a BSOD caused by FPWinlo.sys. Once I get this error, the PC will not boot due to repeated DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION BSODs, and I have to use a system restore point to successfully boot again. These crashed happen at seemingly random times, sometimes while playing one of the many video games I have installed, other times while merely idling on my desktop.

My question is essentially how do I fix these errors? Attached are all my minidump files and other diagnostic info. I am a college student and I would appreciate assistance, as I need my laptop to be in working order! Thank you in advance.

- Malcolm

:)

MGUY10, Sep 29, 2016
  2. dracstaxi Win User

BSOD Driver Corruption

After a few weeks of getting CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and STORE_EXCEPTION BSOD errors, I followed the steps outlined in the community surrounding driver verification. The mot recent minidump is 072317-8640-01.zip, the other two dumps are full memory dumps before
    I used the driver verification tool. I didn't see an associated driver on the BSOD message so I turn this over to you!

Memory Dumps

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

dracstaxi, Sep 29, 2016
  3. NaniKpr Win User
    Computer BSODs

I have had BSODs with clock_watchdog_timeout, or just computer freezing while playing games on browser that used Macromedia Flash on a totally fresh start after a full system format. I got clock_watchdog_timeout error before the format, built a new rig using
    old Hard Drives, and GPU from previous PC.

I tried uninstalling Flash, uninstalling browser(Chrome), uninstalled audio drivers. Reinstalled Chrome, tried again. And same hard freeze/clock_watchdog_timeout every time.

Minidump always identifies a different program as the fault. One time it was Chrome, one time it was Steam, and so on. Ran driver verifier, ran multiple Flash games and after a while driver verifier produced a BSOD. Speccy64 was also running during this,
    and the dump identifies it as the program. The first link has this dump, and another dump that was from the time before Speccy64 was installed.

So far, Macromedia Flash is the only reliable freeze/bsod causer besides Speccy. I've played World of Tanks on max settings, and other intensive video games, and not a single freeze or bsod during them. Nothing came up during memtest. Prime 95, less than
    2 minutes of running and bsod. Noted nothing happening on worker8, and prime95 simply said error for it. Checked CPU and Motherboard, no bent pins. Cpu had plenty of thermal paste, even got it on my fingers taking it off.

[edit]Odd, the process of taking off the CPU to inspect it, then putting it back on seems to have fixed the issue for prime95. Worker8 is now working and prime95 did not bsod the computer when running it for 10 minutes. However turning on driver verifier
    then rebooting produced WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124). Starting up after that, no error. Second link is the minidump for this.

Tried running multiple macromedia flash games during driver verification, computer bsodded just when I started Speccy64. 3rd link is memory and minidump for this instance, would seem to link Speccy64 as a reliable BSOD causer. Uninstalled it and trying to
    BSOD with just Macromedia Flash right now. So far, games that previously reliably produced a BSOD before cpu inspection are not doing so, but will have to test for this longer given previously they sometimes ran without issue.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz 8-core

GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 285 O.C. 2 Gt GDDR5

Memory: Four Corsair Vengeance 4 GB PC3-12800, 1600MHz, 240 DIMM 4 GB modules

Motherboard: Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 990X

PSU: Corsair CX750W V2 CX-series 750 W

Windows Hard Drive: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 120 Gt 2,5" SATA3

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag_oGXM7aD7ngQfRFRSpxeDyNVnY

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag_oGXM7aD7ngQhOBKx_xYLli2Bf

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag_oGXM7aD7ngQkktIknys9xEcRO

NaniKpr, Sep 29, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi MGUY10,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

Please uninstall any 3rd party protection software.

Does your laptop have a fingerprint sensor?

5. MGUY10 Win User
    What do you mean by protection software? Like, as in my antivirus? I use iolo System Mechanic.

And, yes, I do have a fingerprint reader.

MGUY10, Oct 1, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    Anti-virus, Anti-malware, all those programs. Uninstall them please.

Check your manufacturer for driver updates for the fingerprint reader, or reinstall the drivers.

axe0, Oct 1, 2016
  7. MGUY10 Win User
    My apologies for the delay in replying. I have been busy with college. I updated my fingerprint reader driver, and I reluctantly uninstalled my antivirus. I would appreciate an explanation as to how uninstalling my antivirus will help me? Thank you.

MGUY10, Oct 3, 2016
  8. MGUY10 Win User

Well, after uninstalling my antivirus my computer prompted me that a restart would be needed to complete the uninstall. When I restarted, it crashed again! FPwinlo.sys

MGUY10, Oct 3, 2016
  9. axe0 New Member
    Your protection software looks to be causing a few crashes, that's the reason for the suggestion.

That driver is the fingerprint reader driver.
    Are there more versions you could try for the fingerprint reader?

axe0, Oct 3, 2016
  10. MGUY10 Win User
    I was successfully able to update my fingerprint reader driver. My problem now is uninstalling System Mechanic.

When I tried to uninstall it, it prompted me to restart my computer to complete the process. When I restarted it, it started crashing again; FPWinlo.sys. I had to do another System Restore just to get back into the computer. So, I am not sure how I can uninstall System Mechanic if a restart is required but upon restarting it, the machine crashes and locks me out again.

MGUY10, Oct 3, 2016
  11. axe0 New Member
    Can you temporary disable your fingerprint reader?

12. MGUY10 Win User
    Yes. But I will have to do it tomorrow. I have a very important paper due tomorrow that I have to finish tonight, and I can't risk getting locked out of my computer tonight.

I appreciate your help and understanding thus far, I'll get back to you tomorrow

MGUY10, Oct 3, 2016
  13. MGUY10 Win User

i have disabled my fingerprint reader driver. It now gives me an error when trying to uninstall system mechanic, saying the uninstall file is missing. it did not do this before

MGUY10, Oct 4, 2016
  14. axe0 New Member
    How exactly are you trying to remove it?

15. MGUY10 Win User
    By going to device manager and hitting disable.

MGUY10, Oct 5, 2016
Thema:

1. Multiple BSODs during Driver verification: FPWinlo.sys - Similar Threads - Multiple BSODs during

2. BSOD DMA driver verification

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD DMA driver verification: I keep getting these errors. They seemed to start in November 2023. I was running Win 11, which I learned wasn’t recommended for my system. I installed Win 10 from a USB but continue getting this error. Here’s what I’m running:Device name DESKTOP-PL1RDTS Processor IntelR...
  3. DMA driver verification BSOD during Win install?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DMA driver verification BSOD during Win install?: I started getting BSODs due to DMA driver verification errors in Nov 2023. I found out my laptop isn’t compatible with Win 11, so installed Win 10 from a new USB boot disk, and it wiped all my files and started a fresh install.. I got a BSOD during Windows setup! Just as I...
  4. DMA driver verification BSOD during Win install?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DMA driver verification BSOD during Win install?: I started getting BSODs due to DMA driver verification errors in Nov 2023. I found out my laptop isn’t compatible with Win 11, so installed Win 10 from a new USB boot disk, and it wiped all my files and started a fresh install.. I got a BSOD during Windows setup! Just as I...
  5. DMA driver verification BSOD during Win install?

6. rt640x64.sys bsod during setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    rt640x64.sys bsod during setup: hello everyonewhen I try installing windows 11 it BSOD mid-setup when it reaches “Starting Services”Error:DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALWhat failed: rt640x64.sysif anybody can help thanks!...
  7. rt640x64.sys bsod during setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    rt640x64.sys bsod during setup: hello everyonewhen I try installing windows 11 it BSOD mid-setup when it reaches “Starting Services”Error:DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALWhat failed: rt640x64.sysif anybody can help thanks!...
  8. BSOD and driver verification

BSOD and driver verification: I encountered multiple BSODs earlier today, but was never around to see the error message given by the BSOD, so ran driver verification and it turned up with driver verification errors. Could I have the minidump files read, and is there any other information I can gather...
  9. Ran into BSOD with driver verification

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ran into BSOD with driver verification: I ran the driver verification and instantly got a blue screen error for mvxxmm.sys when trying to start, I normally run with an i7 950 @4ghz with liquid cooling, and then ran into another error named wdfilter.sys, which is when I turned off overclocking and ran the...
  10. BSOD L1C63x64.sys driver

BSOD L1C63x64.sys driver: Hi, I am getting BSODs and the error message it gives is: Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL(L1C63x64.sys) I believe that is the Qualcomm Atheros Network driver, but mine is up to date to the last Windows8 compatible driver on the Atheros website. This leads me to believe...