Windows 10: Multiple BSOD's during games and youtube videos

Discus and support Multiple BSOD's during games and youtube videos in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I'm hesitant posting this here because I suspect it's a hadware problem, but since I have only experienced bsod's so far I thought it would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by potatocrisps, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Multiple BSOD's during games and youtube videos

Hello,

I'm hesitant posting this here because I suspect it's a hadware problem, but since I have only experienced bsod's so far I thought it would be best to start here.
    So when using my home build PC, certain games and watching videos on the internet in general have caused it to bsod multiple times. I have had these problems since windows 7 all the way up to windows 10.
    I actually made a post on this problem on the eight forums. I'll describe everything I have done until now trying to solve this.
    On my old forum post, I and my correspondent on the eight forums came to the conclusion to change my network card, wich seemed to work for a while. I made that decision after I reinstalled windows and I still had bsods, even after all the drivers were installed/updated.
    Because these bsods appeared when I played games online, and watched videos online, I thought it was a network related poblem. It didn't work.
    I also did some stress testing, after which I discovered my CPU was way to hot. I opened my case and the CPU fan and put on some thermal paste, which seemed to help keep the temps low.
    After that I also did a thorough check with driver verifier, by disabling each driver that driver verfier pointed out, and running it again, to the point I didn't got any bsods.
    I then updated, disabled or removed faulty drivers until verifier didn't crash my PC.
    I also ran chdsk and the sfc scannow command. After sfc said it couldn't repair all files I also ran that other command to try and fix that.
    I ran Memtest for several days, without any errors.
    Lastly I brought my PC to a store, where I payed much to fix it. when I got it back they told me it wasn't a hardware problem and everything should work now, which was true, until a few days after the "fix", when it crashed again. I won't go back there because of the price.
    I always thought it was problem with my motherboard, because I once did a BIOS flash with a msi update program in windows, what failed. My system miraculously survived that however, but maybe there is some damage?

This is the file generated by your progam: Attachment 99412

:)

potatocrisps, Sep 1, 2016

2. I've updated to Windows 10 recently and I keep getting IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD's. I can't find any hardware that's in conflict

I noticed that the freezing is happening watching videos online or playing games and I turned off hardware acceleration in Flash and it seems to have stopped the crashing during watching YouTube videos. So win?

thedynamicentry, Sep 1, 2016
  3. BoscoTeo Win User
    Get "Whea uncorrectable error" BSOD even after upgrading to Windows 10.

Sadly mine is a notebook so I dont think it is possible to remove and components. I am curious if it is a hardware problem because the notebook goes into bsod 5mins into the startup sometimes and when I am streaming videos on youtube, however, when I am
    playing games like DOTA, COD or TERA, the computer does not go into bsod.

BoscoTeo, Sep 1, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Multiple BSOD's during games and youtube videos

All the dumps in the zip file you uploaded are old, from June. Please make sure your PC is configured for small dump files:

How to Configure Windows 10 to Create Dump Files on BSOD

Sounds like you have already gone through all the steps we would normally do to find a problem like this.

Looking at the latest dump from 6/29, it shows your Nvidia driver is old, version 368.39. Ndvidia just released a new version 372.70. You might want to give that a try, see if it helps.

Really need current dumps to be able to help.

Also wouldn't hurt for you to update your System Specs.

See here: System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums

Of major interest is the Manufacture and full model number of the computer if purchased or the system board if custom built.

Ztruker, Sep 2, 2016
  5. Thanks for the quick answer.

I have updated my nvidia drivers and configured my PC for small dump files.
    I also filled out my system specs.

I'm currently waiting for a new bsod, I'm expecting it won't take long.
    Can I just upload the dumpfile or do you need me to run your program again when I get a new bsod?

potatocrisps, Sep 4, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Go ahead and run DM_Log_collector if you get another.

Ztruker, Sep 6, 2016
  7. Hello,
    I finally got a new BSOD, so I ran the DM log collector again, here is the file:
    Attachment 100484

I got it when my PC was idle, with my screen, mouse and keyboard turned off.

potatocrisps, Sep 7, 2016
  8. Ztruker Win User

Dump indicates a problem with your Nvidia card or driver:
    Code: BugCheck BE, {fffff8000e2673ef, 102d37121, fffff802a33c6c00, a} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+e23fc )[/quote] I see you already have the latest available, 372.70. Pleaase try this:

Remove and install latest Nvidia drivers:

I suggest completely uninstalling the Nvidia display drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) from WagnardMobile (near bottom of page) then get the latest driver for you Nvidia card here: NVIDIA Driver Downloads

Then do a custom install of only the NVidia graphics driver and the PhysX driver.

See if that gets rid of the problem.

If not, try stress testing the GPU and see if that shows us anything:
    ===================================================
    Follow this tutorials to stress test your GPU:
    FurMark - GPU Stress Test - Windows 10 Forums

If you have a AMD APU instead of a discreet GPU, try UNIGINE 3D Benchmark..

-

Ztruker, Sep 8, 2016
  9. I got a new BSOD so I ran furmark to stresstest my graphic card, for 16 min.

The temperature seemed to stay around 88°C - 90°C. I read that the gtx 780ti is designed to run around 85°C, so maybe this is too high?
    Anyways, I ran both tests succesfully without any crashes or other issues...

The BSOD occurred when streaming a movie online.
    I made a new logger file with the latest minidump:
    Attachment 100929

potatocrisps, Sep 10, 2016
  10. Ztruker Win User
    Latest dump indicates a problem with rt640x64.sys:
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rt640x64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rt640x64.sys[/quote] This belongs to your Realtek onboard chip driver. The MSI website has a new one dated 8/18/2016. The one you have installed is dated 3/11/2016.

Ztruker, Sep 12, 2016
  11. Hello

I received two more bsods, one before and one after the realtek driver upgdate. It occurred in both cases again when my PC was idle.
    Here are the files:
    Attachment 101552

potatocrisps, Sep 14, 2016
  12. Ztruker Win User
    Nothing useful in either of the last two dumps. Enable Driver Verifier and see if that shows us anything useful:
    ===================================================
    Driver Verifier
    is a diagnostic tool built into Windows 10, it is designed to verify both native Microsoft drivers and third party drivers. Driver Verifier's verification process involves putting heavy stress on drivers with the intention of making bad, outdated, incompatible or misbehaving drivers fail. The required result is a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) which will generate a crash dump for debugging purposes.
    Machines exposed to Driver Verifier will run very sluggishly due to the stress being applied to the drivers.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable in Windows 10

Pay close attention to

Multiple BSOD's during games and youtube videos [​IMG]
    PART TWO
    Multiple BSOD's during games and youtube videos [​IMG]

and make sure the correct boxes are checked.

Warning:
    It is not advised to run Driver Verifier for more than 48 hours at a time. Disable Driver Verifier after 48 hours or after receiving a BSOD, whichever happens soonest.

Always create a Restore Point prior to enabling Driver Verifier.

What we're looking for is a BSOD with a mini dump that will tell us what driver caused it.

Ztruker, Sep 15, 2016
  13. Multiple BSOD's during games and youtube videos

I have new bsods for you, one from before driver verifier, and two after. They occurred during gaming and startup.
    Attachment 101857

potatocrisps, Sep 16, 2016
  14. Ztruker Win User
    Sorry it's taken so long for me to respond. Life sort of got in the way for a bit.

Only two new dumps form the 17th in the zip file. Neither has Verifier data in it. Both respond with:
    Code: 2: kd> !verifier fffff803b455d780: Unable to get verifier list.[/quote] so it looks like Driver Verifier was not enabled. Please try it again and make sure you follow the instructions exactly.

Ztruker, Sep 20, 2016
  15. No problem, my response also did take some time.
    So I tried verifier again and this time I got bsods right on startup.

Here are the files:
    Attachment 104099

To clarify, the error codes I got are IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, and occurred on the same time as I submitted this reply.

potatocrisps, Oct 1, 2016
Thema:

1. Multiple BSOD's during games and youtube videos - Similar Threads - Multiple BSOD's during

2. BSOD during youtube video as well as random reboots during the day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD during youtube video as well as random reboots during the day: I am having some problems the past few days, my computer has been randomly rebooting during the day, and just recently, while watching Youtube, my computer was given the BSOD message popupHere are some dump files that I have collceted over a short period, as well as a bit of...
  3. BSOD during youtube video as well as random reboots during the day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD during youtube video as well as random reboots during the day: I am having some problems the past few days, my computer has been randomly rebooting during the day, and just recently, while watching Youtube, my computer was given the BSOD message popupHere are some dump files that I have collceted over a short period, as well as a bit of...
  4. BSOD during youtube video as well as random reboots during the day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows BSOD During Multiple Games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows BSOD During Multiple Games: I seem to get a consistent Windows 10 BSOD while playing a select few games, I've tried using different renderers and lowering settings which should not be an issue as I have a high end computer but even on very low intensity games I have BSODs giving me errors such as...
  6. Persistent BSOD Issues during video games

Persistent BSOD Issues during video games: Hi everyone, Hope I can get any help on this issue I've been facing. Consistently getting the BSOD error of either 'VIDEO SCHEDULER INTERNAL ERROR' or sometimes 'DPS WATCHDOG VIOLATION' when I am playing any sort of video game. The more intensive the video game the...
  7. BSOD while watching a youtube video and playing a game

BSOD while watching a youtube video and playing a game: the bsod seems to always happens when i watch a Youtube video and play a small game like Zombidle. i've also had my computer freeze completely, as in the monitor is on with what i was doing but i couldn't move my mouse or do anything at that point i would do a hard reset to...
  8. Multiple BSODs tending to be during YouTube Videos with audio hang

Multiple BSODs tending to be during YouTube Videos with audio hang: Hey team, I need a bit of a hand with some BSODs that I have been getting as of late. It started about two weeks ago but has progressively gotten worse. I have noticed that when YouTube is playing in the background and I am scrolling on a webpage it tends to be a good recipe...
  9. BSOD During youtube videos

BSOD During youtube videos: So i very recently did a clean install of windows 10 and have experienced 2 BSOD since then and only when i was watching youtube videos. I did some of my own troubleshooting and tried reinstalling drivers but i got a second BSOD shortly after. Any help is greatly...
  10. BSOD during Youtube videos on Asus running Win 10

BSOD during Youtube videos on Asus running Win 10: I've seen this has been a minor problem recently for several posters. The generic update drivers and similar basic attempts have done nothing to change the situation. I only get a Watchdog Exception reset during Youtube videos, whether played on Chrome or Edge. This can be...