Windows 10: multiple BSOD's ever since i built my new

Discus and support multiple BSOD's ever since i built my new in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Long story short, 2 days ago i built my new pc and ever since I've been struggling with BSoD's all over the place, crashes immediately when i join... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sadboy, Sep 4, 2015.

1. sadboy Win User

multiple BSOD's ever since i built my new

Hi,
    Long story short, 2 days ago i built my new pc and ever since I've been struggling with BSoD's all over the place, crashes immediately when i join a CSGO game, and sometimes crashes even when i'm just browsing.
    The crashes are mostly - MEMORY_MANAGEMENT , IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and once CRITICAL PROCESS_DIED and PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGE
    I re-installed windows so these are the only ones i have.

Included the dumpfiles.

Thanks!

:)

sadboy, Sep 4, 2015
  2. JohnGish Win User

I recently built a new PC 2 weeks ago and ever since i have been getting multiple BSODs a day

<Original title: my last few BSODs>

i recently built a new PC 2 weeks ago and ever since i have been getting multiple BSODs a day

i have updated all the drivers and i have updated windows

these are the minidumps

Dropbox - minidumps.zip

there are 6 minidumps from december 26th 2015 (today) in this folder

JohnGish, Sep 4, 2015
  3. Driver IRQL Not Less Or Equal

I finally had a BSOD with a message pointing to ATIKMDAG.SYS as the reason for the BSOD. I was able to locate a bundle of drivers from HP and extracted a new ATIKMDAG.SYS and installed it on my system. I have been stable ever since.

DSchenk952, Sep 4, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi sadboy,

Welcome to the 10forums.

There are multiple memory corruption errors, 1 critical process died and 1 that is pointing to an AMD driver.
    My guess would be that the memory problem is also the cause of the critical process and the 1 that is pointing to an AMD driver.

multiple BSOD's ever since i built my new [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

axe0, Sep 4, 2015
  5. sadboy Win User
    Thanks for the quick answer, i'll update you tommorow.

sadboy, Sep 4, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    You're welcome.
    I always want a fast answer, but they say it starts with yourself.

axe0, Sep 4, 2015
  7. sadboy Win User
    Soo, i left it running overnight and got 11 passes with no errors, i'm guessing the ram isn't faulty.
    Any other ideas?

sadboy, Sep 5, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

Check AMD for driver updates here

axe0, Sep 5, 2015
  9. sadboy Win User
    will do that, just got a new BSoD.

Edit: every time i download and try to install the latest catalyst driver it runs an error : ''Error Decompresing Data! Corrupted Installer!?''

sadboy, Sep 5, 2015
  10. axe0 New Member
    Remove the AMD software including the driversand try to install the drivers only.

Diagnostic Test
    DRIVER VERIFIER

Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please read and run driver verifier.

Some windows drivers are blamed in a few crashes, but that usually means that a 3rd party driver is actually the cause.
    Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or when you have a bluescreen, whatever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

11. sadboy Win User
    sadboy, Sep 5, 2015
  12. axe0 New Member
    Possibly, if they haven't released a fix before the installed dates of your drivers.
    Code: 2: kd> lmvm atikmdagstart end module name fffff800`9feb0000 fffff800`a13ba000 atikmdag (deferred) Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys Image name: atikmdag.sys Timestamp: Mon Aug 03 21:57:16 2015 (55BFC79C) CheckSum: 014A1F5B ImageSize: 0150A000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4 2: kd> lmvm atikmpag start end module name fffff800`9c190000 fffff800`9c238000 atikmpag (deferred) Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys Image name: atikmpag.sys Timestamp: Mon Aug 03 21:32:54 2015 (55BFC1E6) CheckSum: 000B443B ImageSize: 000A8000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

13. sadboy Win User

+ i found this in the resolved issue section of the catalyst drivers.
    Resolved Issues:
    • [423635] A Blue Screen error may be observed with some Intel+AMD configurations on driver installation. As a workaround, please update your drivers using Windows update.
    the gpu is working (fans are spinning, games are running as they should etc.) but i can't find the gpu in device manager how can i update the drivers like they're suggesting to ?

edit: and i can't really find a earlier catalyst driver which supports windows 10, can i install a windows 8.1 driver instead ?

sadboy, Sep 5, 2015
  14. axe0 New Member
    In windows updates, it is automatically set that you get driver updates.
    So, you should get it as soon as it becomes available for you if you haven't changed that and already got it.

From what date is the solution?

15. sadboy Win User
    The Driver problem still seems to be an issue, many users complaining about problems with their 390's / 390x's
    Also so far i've been running it for the longest time so far i think, 50minutes with no crashes with quite a load in chrome, i haven't installed the gpu drivers yet.

Edit :
    1)Yeah i'm sure that it's certainly a driver problem, still running great, though that means i can't update drivers and play games etc, which sucks.
    2) gonna try downgrading to windows 8.1 as it has more than 1 driver.

sadboy, Sep 5, 2015
Thema:

1. multiple BSOD's ever since i built my new - Similar Threads - multiple BSOD's ever

2. BSOD ever since update drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD ever since update drivers: So I used CCleaner to updated my drivers and now it messed up my laptop. I got BSOD everytime I shutdown and turn on the laptop, also happened when I put my laptop to sleep, restarting is normal, nothing happened. This is my recent dump files that I used WinDbg to opened:...
  3. BSOD ever since update drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD ever since update drivers: So I used CCleaner to updated my drivers and now it messed up my laptop. I got BSOD everytime I shutdown and turn on the laptop, also happened when I put my laptop to sleep, restarting is normal, nothing happened. This is my recent dump files that I used WinDbg to opened:...
  4. BSOD on laptop ever since update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD on laptop ever since update: So I have a BSOD on my new laptop, I think its because when I update driver from CCleaner, Its messed up my computer and now I would like to uninstall the driver update from the CCleaner but I don’t know which one and how. Is there anyway I can just uninstall all the third...
  5. BSOD on laptop ever since update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD on laptop ever since update: So I have a BSOD on my new laptop, I think its because when I update driver from CCleaner, Its messed up my computer and now I would like to uninstall the driver update from the CCleaner but I don’t know which one and how. Is there anyway I can just uninstall all the third...
  6. Constant BSOD ever since installing new motherboard/case

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant BSOD ever since installing new motherboard/case: Hello, I was sent a link here from a Microsoft forum I posted, and I am exhausted. Almost 2 weeks ago, I received a new motherboard, some fans, CPU cooler, case and an SSD to upgrade my PC with. The parts I was reusing from my PC were my cpu, ram, hdd/two ssds, power supply...
  7. BSODs and system crashes have been plaguing me ever since I built my PC

BSODs and system crashes have been plaguing me ever since I built my PC: I built my gaming pc around a year ago. After turning on the PC, I had installed windows 10, then downloaded the appropriate drivers, then all the games I wanted, then went to business. About a month after that, I experienced my first BSOD. Within the next few days, another...
  8. Multiple BSOD, Freezes on new own-built PC

Multiple BSOD, Freezes on new own-built PC: Hi community, I built a new PC for my parents-in-law. Unfortunately it doesn't work as intended. We get erratic BOSDs and OS Freezes. Sometimes the keyboard is frozen until it is unplugged and plugged in again. Following a list of the BSOD that we've encountered in the...
  9. Random Bsods since i built my new pc, Help?

Random Bsods since i built my new pc, Help?: built this new pc and it works well but randomly has bsod, here are dump files. dont remember what i was doing for most of the bsods but more than likely it was gaming. if not it would be browsing the web or streaming Thanks in advance 49791
  10. BSOD at random times ever since PC was built

BSOD at random times ever since PC was built: I built my PC last year and have been getting random BSODs ever since. I have reinstalled and updated Windows 2 or 3 times, but it has no effect. I even rebuilt my PC recently, which stopped BSODs for a few days, but now they are happening again. I thought it could be the...