Windows 10: Multiple BSODs every few days, different error codes

Discus and support Multiple BSODs every few days, different error codes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Built a new computer around the start of this month (feb) and have been having intermittent BSOD's, ranging between 1 day and 1 week or so between.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Stonios, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Stonios Win User

Multiple BSODs every few days, different error codes

Built a new computer around the start of this month (feb) and have been having intermittent BSOD's, ranging between 1 day and 1 week or so between. They don't seem to happen at any specific time or usage; having occured when the pc was idle overnight aswell as when playing a range of different games.

Basic Specs: Windows 10
    Intel i7-7700k @4.2
    ASUS ROG Maximus Hero IX
    32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz
    NVIDIA GTX970

The first 2 bluescreens (4th and 5th Feb) IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION led me to use Driver Verifier to see if I could get any extra information which showed errors to the driver SiUSBXp.sys which was used on the usb connection between Corsair H115i cooler and the motherboard. Disconnecting this, running the coolers fans through the motherboard's fan headers directly instead and uninstalling Corsair Link software seemed to stop this BSOD.
    However, driver verifier then showed problems with AsUpIO.sys and so I uninstalled the ASUS AI Suite also. (5th-7th Feb).

The next BSOD's happened a few days after (12th +15th) and driver verifier showed some different sys files that were having issues. After uninstalling the software that uses the ScpVBus.sys incase that was also the cause there was no blue screens for 10 days.

Then in the last 2 days there have been some more crashes including a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT error code.
    I ran memtest overnight and it found 0 errors.

:)

Stonios, Feb 27, 2017
  2. elizao Win User
    elizao, Feb 27, 2017
  3. RickUX Win User
    error code 0x85050041

I got it working again for a few days and then the same error code is back. Do I have to go through this process multiple times every few days? This does not seem to be a fix. -Rick

RickUX, Feb 27, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

In the 2/15 4:33 dumop, Driver Verifier is active and flagged ScpVBus.sys.
    Code: BugCheck C4, {2000, fffff80094aab048, 0, 56706353} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ScpVBus.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ScpVBus.sys Probably caused by : ScpVBus.sys ( ScpVBus+b048 )[/quote] Driver Description: Scarlet.Crush Productions Scp Dual Shock 3 Virtual Bus Driver
    Driver Update Site: XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller

This is probably for an Xbox controller. Yours is old, Sun May 5 17:31:26 2013
    This driver has been known to cause BSODs in many other threads posted here.

See if you can find an updated driver or uninstall it.

Ztruker, Feb 27, 2017
  5. Stonios Win User
    Thanks for the reply, just confirming that this software and driver were removed in the past and the controller has not been used since then, but there have been other BSOD.
    I did however notice that in Device Manager - System Devices, the ScpVBus was still listed so have manually removed that even though it has not been in use.

Stonios, Feb 27, 2017
  6. Stonios Win User
    Update: Ran memtest again and this time it showed a large number of errors, ran it on combination of the 2 sticks and all ram slots and most tests showed some errors. I went and bought some cheap DDR4 to check, and that memtest did not show any errors (although I did not test it for very long) leading me to think that both sticks of original ram are faulty.
    My only reservation is that I thought it was very rare that both 2 sticks would be faulty and am still unsure if it could be the motherboard/DIMM slots.

Is there any other way to double check or is the best idea to just RMA the ram and take it from there?
    Thanks.

Stonios, Feb 27, 2017
  7. Ztruker Win User
    I would run memtest86+ for a minimum of 8 passes with the two new memory modules installed. If clean stay with them.

Ztruker, Feb 28, 2017
  8. Stonios Win User

Just updating to confirm that the new ram has seemed to solve any issues, haven't had any blue screens or fails in memtest since.
    Thanks for your help, and marking solved.

Stonios, Mar 28, 2017
  9. Ztruker Win User
    Excellent, glad to hear it.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Multiple BSODs every few days, different error codes - Similar Threads - Multiple BSODs every

2. experiencing bsods every few days, different stopcodes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    experiencing bsods every few days, different stopcodes.: hello all,i've been experience BSODs for roughly 2 or 3 years now, and i've had this pc for almost 4 years. it's probably a little too late to be asking for some help seeing as i will most likely get a new computer for christmas, but if the plans fall through, i'm going to...
  3. experiencing bsods every few days, different stopcodes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    experiencing bsods every few days, different stopcodes.: hello all,i've been experience BSODs for roughly 2 or 3 years now, and i've had this pc for almost 4 years. it's probably a little too late to be asking for some help seeing as i will most likely get a new computer for christmas, but if the plans fall through, i'm going to...
  4. experiencing bsods every few days, different stopcodes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Multiple BSODs every day for different reasons??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSODs every day for different reasons??: I've had a lot of computer troubles lately. Custom build, worked fine the last 4 years, suddenly blue screened on Friday which started a cascade of issues leading to me completely wiping my drives and starting again. Fresh install of Windows, fully updated, and slowly...
  6. Multiple BSODs every day for different reasons??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple BSODs every day for different reasons??: I've had a lot of computer troubles lately. Custom build, worked fine the last 4 years, suddenly blue screened on Friday which started a cascade of issues leading to me completely wiping my drives and starting again. Fresh install of Windows, fully updated, and slowly...
  7. Multiple BSODs every day for different reasons??

8. Multiple BSODs every day with different errors each time

Multiple BSODs every day with different errors each time: I've been encountering about 5-6 blue screens a day with different reasons, which has been quite annoying when I'm in the middle of doing something important. If anyone could suggest any solutions or causes that would be great, thanks. DMP files:...
  9. Random BSODs every few days, different errors each time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random BSODs every few days, different errors each time?: Hi all. Been having a bit of a problem lately that I don’t know how to pin down. Having sporadic blue screens when I’m playing a game or doing audio related work. I will get different error codes each time. My GFX drivers are up to date. Windows is up to date. NIC card up to...
  10. Different BSOD codes every few days after fresh install of Windows

Different BSOD codes every few days after fresh install of Windows: Hi all, I installed a fresh copy of Windows (updated to 1809) on one of my SSD drives and since then I've had nothing but problems. Some short back story: I attempted to update the firmware on the motherboard, thought I may have borked it, and just decided to start over...