Windows 10: Multiple BSOD's for a year now, many windows-reinstalls didn't help

Discus and support Multiple BSOD's for a year now, many windows-reinstalls didn't help in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello everyone, After having BSOD's for over a year now, and trying several options, I turned to this channel as a last hope option. I purchased my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by bobdekkers, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Multiple BSOD's for a year now, many windows-reinstalls didn't help

Hello everyone,

After having BSOD's for over a year now, and trying several options, I turned to this channel as a last hope option.

I purchased my PC over two years ago - assembled In Store. It was an Intel Core I7-5930K, H110GT cooling, 32GB Corsair vengeance LPX DDR4 2133Mhz, MSI X99A gaming 7, Msi Geforce GTX980Ti, Samsung SSD 950Pro 512Gb, and a WD 2Tb 7200rpm. This mainly for 3D rendering. After a short while I realized I was better of with less rendering capability, a more powerful single-core processor, and Graphics Card for a faster on-screen workflow. It also would benefit my second most loved hobby, flightsimming ;-) So I rebuild my PC myself. I changed the MOBO to an ASUS STRIX z270f, and the processor became the i-7700k. I swapped the 980Ti for the gtx1080 from MSI. The RAM modules are still the original ones, and a Samsung 850 EVO 500Gb was added.

After this, BSOD's started, ranging from Page fault in nonpaged area ntoskrnl.exe BSOD to driver_irql_not_less_or_equal. Even reinstalling Windows several times didn't help. After a while, and googling around, I suspected de softwae of my CH Joystick to be the culprit, a very old chmanager.exe, written in 2004 or so. But after my last re-install yesterday, I decided to disconnect all peripherals, also my TrackIR hardware. After playing around for a while today, a new BSOD appeared. WhoCrashed gave me this analysis:

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

Crash dump directories:
    C:\Windows
    C:\Windows\Minidump

On Wed 18/07/2018 13:27:16 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\071818-5125-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x198330)
    Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFF980C981F1548, 0x0, 0xFFFFF802043F2492, 0x2)
    Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 18/07/2018 13:27:16 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!memset+0x4030A)
    Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFF980C981F1548, 0x0, 0xFFFFF802043F2492, 0x2)
    Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

I really, really don't know what to do anymore, and I hope this community can help me solve this problem. FYI, I also tried several mamtests for hours, days, etc... but no errors where found.

Thank you in advance for your kind help!

Kind regards,

Bob

:)

bobdekkers, Jul 18, 2018

2. Notification didn´t appear

Windows 10 has ben released for 1 day and a half,and I didn´t get the notification for installing.I reserved it.Can anyone help me?

PS I am running Windows 7 and it´s up to date.

Megabladme, Jul 18, 2018
  3. Syrfnr Win User
    How To: Reinstall Video Drivers (Quick Guide)

Hey there. Don't know whether this thread is still active but i have a problem! I did every step and i ended up with a BSOD system service exception error. I'm running windows 7 and i was reinstalling my AMD graphics. Anyone can help me? Please

Syrfnr, Jul 18, 2018
  4. Multiple BSOD's for a year now, many windows-reinstalls didn't help

Multiple BSOD after start up

Hello!

First, thank you for your help before hand. I am currently experiencing problems with my Win10 laptop (MSI GT70). After start up the computer freezes and a BSOD appears usually with one of these errors:

• VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE ( my graphics card is GTX 770M)
    • POWER_STATE_FAILURE (My power supply is original and no damage is seen)
    • Another one I can´t remember now
    After a few restarts it seems the laptop functions properly and makes no sense.

I have tried to update every software that didn´t update through the Windows tool and tried to identify the error in the event view but I couldn´t determine anything.

Thank you for your support

DavidArroyo92, Jul 18, 2018
Thema:

Multiple BSOD's for a year now, many windows-reinstalls didn't help

1. Multiple BSOD's for a year now, many windows-reinstalls didn't help - Similar Threads - Multiple BSOD's many

2. multiples BSOD with many reasons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    multiples BSOD with many reasons: Hey, I'm writing here because i'm a little bit desperate, as I tried many tutorials in order to "fix" my computer....I encounter many BSOD with many reasons last one was resource not owned, ntoskrnl.exe, fltmgr.sys, ... I passed all the tests lenovo diagnostic tool tell me...
  3. multiples BSOD with many reasons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    multiples BSOD with many reasons: Hey, I'm writing here because i'm a little bit desperate, as I tried many tutorials in order to "fix" my computer....I encounter many BSOD with many reasons last one was resource not owned, ntoskrnl.exe, fltmgr.sys, ... I passed all the tests lenovo diagnostic tool tell me...
  4. Multiple DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSODs in the past year

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSODs in the past year: I've been having this problem for the past year or so and it's starting to get really annoying. My PC has crashed multiple times with the same BSOD. It would really help if someone will be able to identify the cause.My specs:CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X not overclockedGPU: AMD...
  5. Multiple DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSODs in the past year

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSODs in the past year: I've been having this problem for the past year or so and it's starting to get really annoying. My PC has crashed multiple times with the same BSOD. It would really help if someone will be able to identify the cause.My specs:CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X not overclockedGPU: AMD...
  6. Multiple DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSODs in the past year

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Multiple BSOD for many years

Multiple BSOD for many years: OK. That's it! Enough is enough! I have an Asus laptop that is plagued with BSODs almost since I bought it a little over 3 years ago will never buy Asus again!. I have moderate-to-advanced experience with computers, but have zero experience with kernel hacking. So, how can...
  8. Slow computer, reinstalling windows didn't help...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow computer, reinstalling windows didn't help...: This is for a friend, so I can't post the exact specs, but I think 4gb ram and a slightly older CPU but nothing crazy. I have lower spec laptops that run fine on windows 10 so I don't think that is the problem... Anyway, common situation... Her laptop got slower and slower...
  9. Multiple BSOD help

Multiple BSOD help: Hello, I have a Dell XPS 1965 that has been experiencing almost regular BSOD. There has not been a consistent stop code with these BSODs. Lately, I have been trying to update to Windows 1903 and have been unsuccessful every time because I encounter a BSOD during the...
  10. Daily Random BSOD for a Year Now...HELP!

Daily Random BSOD for a Year Now...HELP!: I'm really at my wit's end. Been getting random BSODs since last year. Did all the troubleshooting stuffs that I could think of. Badly need your help. BSOD messages are too random that I can't identify what is causing it. Steps done: Replaced old HDD that has numerous bad...