Windows 10: Multiple BSOD's - hardware or software issue?

Discus and support Multiple BSOD's - hardware or software issue? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi! Had some issues with my laptop in december and eventually handed it in to the store which I bought it from. They sent it along to a workshop who... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sondre, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Sondre Win User

Multiple BSOD's - hardware or software issue?

Hi!

Had some issues with my laptop in december and eventually handed it in to the store which I bought it from. They sent it along to a workshop who changed the motherboard. I just got the computer back earlier this week, but I'm experiencing similar issues, though not as severe as it was in december.

Basically the system seems unstable and i get BSOD's randomly. I'm struggling to find a pattern as to when it happens, and the error-codes are different. Since I got it back from the workshop I've had 5 BSOD's, as you can see in the attached file. Back in december before I handed it in the first time I would get several BSOD's a day.

Is anyone able to identify the source of the problem? I suspect it's hardware related, but I'm no expert.

Thanks in advance!

:)

Sondre, Jan 22, 2016

2. "Your computer has a Memory problem" - Windows 10

BSOD can be cause by misbehaving hardware or software drivers or hardware.

We use debugging software with commands to debug BSOD.

There are multiple computer files that are useful in troubleshooting BSOD.

If you are using Windows and can run the administrative command prompt provided in the earlier post it should be able to automatically collect the files and place them on the desktop. Then you post one drive or drop box share links into the thread for troubleshooting.

questions_, Jan 22, 2016
  3. cider_za Win User
    Windows BSOD

Hello,

I have had multiple BSODs. I am unsure of what is causing this. I have run memtest86 and found no problems. I have reinstalled GFX drivers with. I have run sfc /scannow multiple times.

Can someone help me identify the problem, if its software or hardware related.

Thanks you

EDIT: How can I attach the DMP files here?

cider_za, Jan 22, 2016
  4. lifetec Win User

2 dumpfiles names McAfee.
    You have also Avg installed never us 2 Antivirusses at the same time.
    Please uninstall McAfee, use the Mcaffe Removal tool McAfee Removal Tool - McAfee Uninstaller

2 dumpfiles flag 2 drivers
    Unable to verify timestamp for Netwbw02.sys
    This is your Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 adapter

Probably caused by : SynTP.sys ( SynTP+1af32)
    This is your Synaptic Touch Pad Driver

Please update/reinstall these drivers from your supportpage http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/prod...otebook-lenovo

1 dumpfiles is
    Code: ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information. BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff8019ad36b4b, ffffd00024eff4a0, 0} Probably caused by : hardware ( FLTMGR!FltpRemoveAllNamesCachedForFileObject+27b ) Followup: MachineOwner PROCESS_NAME: LogonUI.exe[/quote] Start with updating your Intel storage driver it is from 2013
    Also on your supportpage search under Storage.

If your system keeps BSOD after these steps.

Please start withdiagnosing the system RAM first. You can use the free tool "Memtest86+"to stress test the RAM.

How to run "Memtest" - RAM -Test with Memtest86+ - Windows 7 Help Forums

Make sure you are using the latest version 5.01 - Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory DiagnosticTool

You can stop the test even if a single error is found during the test.Otherwise continue the test for 7-10 passes and post a screenshot with nextreply. 7 passes is the recommended bare minimum but more passes will givebetter result.

lifetec, Jan 23, 2016
  5. Sondre Win User
    Downloaded all of the drivers listed at the Lenovo Support page just to make sure everything is up to date. Are all relevant drivers for my computer listed there? If not, where can I find other? I would really appreciate a specific link!

Also I tried running the memtest86+, but it won't boot when I restart. Tried going into the BIOS-settings, without success. Are there any other ways of stress-testing my RAM?

Also got another BSOD earlier today. I've attached it (The first five dmp-files are the same as in the original post, the last one is the one I got earlier)

Thanks for your help!Attachment 60483

Sondre, Jan 23, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    For you there isn't a more specific link, the link lifetec provided is the support page for driver and BIOS updates for your laptop.

Please make sure fast boot is turned off
    Fast Startup - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Please check if changing the boot mode in the BIOS to legacy helps to boot the memory test, if you haven't yet.

7. Sondre Win User
    Thank you!

Before I try it.. I just ran the built-in Windows RAM-test program thing... Not sure what it's called in English as mine is in Norwegian. The test told me that there is a "memoryissue" with the computer, and that I should deliver it to a workshop. Is this test good enough, or should I still go ahead with the memtest one?

This is what the message said:

"Windows memorydiagnostics

The computer has a memoryproblem

Memoryissues can lead to the computer losing information or it could stop working. Contact the producer of the computer to find and repair the issue."

EDIT: Also, fast startup is off and was off when I tried earlier..

Sondre, Jan 24, 2016
  8. lifetec Win User

I prefer Memtest 86 because it is more reliable. Try to run this program again.
    If memtest also gives errors there is no doubt that the memory is faulty.

But in your situation i would contact the shop again and tell them that also your RAM probably is faulty and why the repairshop did not tested/changed it with the changing of your motherboard. (warranty).

lifetec, Jan 24, 2016
  9. axe0 New Member
    The built-in feature of Windows isn't very reliable, but if even the built-in notices errors then you don't have to run any other test on the memory as it is clear the memory is causing problems.

10. Sondre Win User
    Thanks for your help guys!

I ended up handing it in earlier today for repair. Told them that they need to change the RAM. Can't understand why they changed the motherboard last time when myself as a computer novice managed to find faults with the RAM.. Hopefully the issues will be gone when I get it back.

Sondre, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Multiple BSOD's - hardware or software issue? - Similar Threads - Multiple BSOD's hardware

2. Is this a software issue or hardware issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this a software issue or hardware issue?: Recently built a new PC. Installed Windows 10 and ran updates. Once it was fully updated, it seemed to run fine for a few minutes. After a few minutes, I could not open simple windows like Task Manager, Device Manager, Settings, and type in the Search Bar. I could not even...
  3. Is this a software issue or hardware issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is this a software issue or hardware issue?: Recently built a new PC. Installed Windows 10 and ran updates. Once it was fully updated, it seemed to run fine for a few minutes. After a few minutes, I could not open simple windows like Task Manager, Device Manager, Settings, and type in the Search Bar. I could not even...
  4. Multiple software issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multiple software issues: Hi I bought a new HP laptop 15 inch Pavillion and I've been having so many software issues with it. I've only had it for a month and have barely done anything to it so its super frustrating that is like this straight out of the box. I have problems connecting to the...
  5. Is this a software or hardware issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this a software or hardware issue?: submitted by /u/VerbNoun123 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gwu5hq/is_this_a_software_or_hardware_issue/
  6. Multiple hardware/software problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple hardware/software problems: I'm having multiple hardware a software problems now including: One of my 3.0 drives disconnecting and reconnecting. Morse beeps and different volumes. Sudden lag spikes. Broken copy and pasting. Overheating problems My computer charger and battery has recently been...
  7. Multiple BSOD hardware issue or driver issue ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple BSOD hardware issue or driver issue ?: Hello microsoft community, I got some very frustating issues with my pc and I dont know how to fix it. In the last months my pc got various types of BSOD ( most of them were Critical_Structure_Corruption, Critical_Process_Died or System_Service_Exception). I tried...
  8. Hardware or Software Issue?

in Windows 10 Support
    Hardware or Software Issue?: I built a box for a friend of mine, used it for a week and shipped it to FL - specs below. The box arrived safely, with the exception of one SATA cable, which had come loose. OR - it wasn't properly seated by me. After a day or so of use, he tells me the machine is very slow...
  9. Multiple BSOD Errors - Suspected Hardware issue

Multiple BSOD Errors - Suspected Hardware issue: Hi, For the past 14 months, I've been having BSOD issues as well as frequent CTD's in gaming (potentially unrelated). These started after a power supply failure and I've been unable to isolate what is causing the issues. I've performed CPU stress testing (AIDA64, Prime95),...
  10. Sick PC, multiple faults. Software or hardware?

Sick PC, multiple faults. Software or hardware?: Hello and thanks for having me *chuckle To cut a long story short my computer is now a brick, or potato etc etc *Sad It's stuck in a continuous blue screen death loop. I'm getting multiple fault messages, to name a few : Your PC ran into a problem and needs to...