Windows 10: Multiple BSODs in the past 5 hours, only under light system load

Discus and support Multiple BSODs in the past 5 hours, only under light system load in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ok.. so I have had blue screens from time to time, this being the tech preview I thought nothing of it. After the last one I thought that even though... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DiaSin, Jun 1, 2015.

1. DiaSin Win User

Multiple BSODs in the past 5 hours, only under light system load

Ok.. so I have had blue screens from time to time, this being the tech preview I thought nothing of it. After the last one I thought that even though it doesn't BSOD under heavy load, it might be that my overclock was not as stable as it used to be and reset my motherboard to default settings.. I have had multiple BSODs since then, meaning in the past few hours. It was every 20 minutes or so at one point, while I was trying to watch streaming video.. I figure ok.. it never does this under heavy system load.. so I switched from chrome to safari for my mythbusters marathon.. lo and behold it stops bluescreening for a good 2-3 hours or so.. but it just started again and I am at wits end with this. I don't know how to read dump files, I know I had used whocrashed in the past, but that does not seem to work on Win10.. and blue screen view just says ntoskrnl, which I know can't be the actual cause.. so I am turning to you guys.

Edit: I am on build 10130 if that info is needed.

:)

DiaSin, Jun 1, 2015

2. 8 BSODs in a period of the past 24 hours, Don't want this to happen any more

Hi,

The last 3 minidumps were all Bug_Check 7F and implicated atikmdag.sys AMD/ATI video drivers.

BugCheck 7F, {8, ffffe0010eb68af0, fffff80d0a231e6b, fffff80d0a2d0e95}

Probably caused by : dxgkrnl.sys ( dxgkrnl!DXGADAPTER::AcquireCoreResourceShared+5 ) <- a Windows component which means something else drove it into Fault.

ffffe001`104735d8 fffff80d`0c1e7983Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys, Win32 error 0n2

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys

atikmdag+0x127983

atikmdag.sys dated 11/4/2015 AMD/ATI video drivers.

Update those and also check for updates to the BIOS, chipset drivers, and all the major drivers (see driver update methods below).

BiosVersion = 1.80

BiosReleaseDate = 09/01/2010

SystemManufacturer = TOSHIBA

SystemProductName = Satellite L635

SystemFamily = Intel_Mobile

SystemVersion = PSK04E-04E00QAR

SystemSKU = Calpella

BaseBoardManufacturer = TOSHIBA

BaseBoardProduct = Portable PC

BaseBoardVersion = Base Board Version

CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 460 @ 2.53GHz"

MaxSpeed: 2530

CurrentSpeed: 2527

AMD/ATI - Support and Driver - Search

Support & Drivers

Get the Catalyst Drivers here

Gaming Technologies and Products | AMD

ATI - Forums

Support Forums | Community

ATI - Support and Drivers

http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDSupportHub.aspx

Toshiba - Support

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/home.jsp

Toshiba - Contacts

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/navShell.jsp?cf=su_contact

Toshiba - Drivers - navigate to your model

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/home.jsp?nav=Download

Toshiba - Forums (The forums are no longer active however their is so help at this link in the form of KB Articles and How-To Videos.)

http://laptopforums.toshiba.com/

====================================================

Troubleshoot blue screen errors <-- read this link

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

BCCode: 7f 0x0000007f with the 00000008 parameter usually means a hardware issue.

Have you added hardware or updated drivers recently? Check Control Panel - Windows Updates to see if any drivers have been updated there just before this started happening. For 7f - this could be a hardware issue such as poorly seated cards or memory, though
    there are other causes. Weak powersupply could also lead to this. Use the troubleshooters above and below and when you get to the drivers and memory sections refer to the below and then return to the troubleshooters if needed.

If a PC remove ALL power. Open case, remove and reseat ALL cards, memory chips, and ALL cables (do not just try to snug) on both ends if they can be reached and on the device ends if not (removing the cables and reseating them helps to eliminate minor corrosion). On
    a laptop about all that can be done is to reseat the memory.

Notice the 08 (double fault) as 1st parameter means there are likely two causes. Be sure to update your drivers manually as using Windows Updates only finds certified drivers and Microsoft and the Device makers are far behind in that process.
    Update NIC, WiFi, BIOS and Video/Display and other major drivers.

If a Laptop or a PC you might have to take to a shop (one that does its own in-shop service) or your System maker's Support.

BCCode: 7F 0x0000007F which is the same as 0x1000007F <-- read this link

http://www.faultwire.com/solutions-...tility-supplied-by-your-0x1000007F-*1304.html

==================================================

This utility makes it easy to see which versions are loaded :

Run DriverView - set VIEW to Hide Microsoft drivers - update those without

Dump in their names (and update BIOS and chipset drivers).

DriverView - Free - utility displays the list of all device drivers currently loaded

on your system. For each driver in the list, additional useful information is

displayed: load address of the driver, description, version, product name,

company that created the driver, and more.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html

For Drivers check System Maker as fallbacks and Device Maker's which are the

most current. Control Panel - Device Manager - Display Adapter - write down

the make and complete model of your video adapter - double click - Driver's

tab - write down the version info. Now click UPdate Driver (this may not do

anything as MS is far behind certifying drivers) - then Right Click - Uninstall -

REBOOT this will refresh the driver stack.

Repeat that for Network - Network Card (NIC), Wifi, Sound, Mouse and Keyboard

if 3rd party with their own software and drivers and any other major device drivers

you have.

Now go to System Maker's site (Dell, HP, Toshiba as examples) (as rollback) and

then Device Maker's site (Realtek, Intel, Nvidia, ATI as examples) and get their

latest versions. (Look for BIOS, Chipset, and software updates at System Maker's

site while there.)

Download - SAVE - go to where you put them - Right Click - RUN AD ADMIN -

REBOOT after each installation.

Always check in Device Manager - Drivers tab to be sure the version you are

installing actually shows up. This is because some drivers rollback before the

latest is installed (sound drivers particularly do this) so install a driver - reboot

- check to be sure it is installed and repeat as needed.

Repeat at Device Makers - BTW at Device Makers DO NOT RUN THEIR SCANNER -

heck manually by model.

Manually look at manufacturer's sites for drivers - and Device Maker's sites.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/driverssupport/ht/driverdlmfgr.htm

====================================================

Memory tests do not catch all errors such as mismatched memory (possible even

for sticks that appear to be identical) and when faster memory is placed in system

behind slower memory. So it is best to also swap sticks in and out to check for

those even if all memory tests fail to show a problem.

To test RAM check here - let it run 4+ hours or so. <-- best method

www.memtest.org

MemTestX86 - Test RAM With

https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/memtest86-test-ram.2010/

For the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool.

Type in Cortana's search box -> Windows Memory Diagnostics

at top of list - click it. in Windows 8/8.1/10 the name is "Windows Memory

Diagnostic".

================================================

After doing ALL the updates you can, and if the issue continues, then run

DriverVerifier. (Remember to use the Windows 10 methods posted at the

top of the original reply above.)

Driver Verifier can help find some BSOD issues :

Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Windows drivers for advanced users

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/244617

How To Troubleshoot Driver Problems in Windows Vista or 7. (8/8.1 and 10

are essentially the same).

http://www.winvistaclub.com/t79.html

Using Driver Verifier

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/li...448(v=vs.85).aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

WINKEY + X - RUN - type in -> verifier /reset hit enter to disable

Use BlueScreenView to see if there is a driver specified in the error message.

Also check with MyEventViewer at the time of the BlueScreen.

If DriverVerifier creates a minidump upload it and post the link here so we can

analyze it.

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows and Devices for IT : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

SpiritX MS MVP, Jun 1, 2015
  3. 8 BSODs in a period of the past 24 hours, Don't want this to happen any more

Just to verify, we'd like to know which of the troubleshooting steps have you tried so far.

We look forward to your response.

Eileen Gal, Jun 1, 2015
  4. DiaSin Win User

I have had more bluescreens in the full day since I posted this... I would really like some help here..

DiaSin, Jun 2, 2015
  5. rvbfan Win User
    You say you have been over clocking? I would start with running memtest. Also check your temps. I would want to rule out a piece of hardware going south on you.

rvbfan, Jun 2, 2015
  6. DiaSin Win User
    Like I said in my first post.. I reversed my overclock (more specifically I straight up hit clear cmos on my motherboard, everything is dead stock right now) before the last batch of bluescreens. I am ALWAYS monitoring my temps with a piece of software on my second screen, and have never seen higher than 88c on my CPU (and that was at 4.7ghz under artificial load for stress testing) and 75c on my GPU, both numbers are WELL within safe limits. With the OC reversed my CPU has never passed 65 that I have seen. I already tried running memtest overnight since most of the bluescreens say memory_management but it came up clean.

I really want to know what driver is actually tagged in those dumps, the software I used to use (WhoCrashed) does not work on Windows 10 and BlueScreenView just shows ntoskrnl.exe in all of them which I know can't be right.

DiaSin, Jun 3, 2015
  7. DiaSin Win User
    Would someone please look at the dumps I posted more than 2 days ago? I don't know what software to use to analyze them on Win10. Seeing a dedicated section for bluescreens and people analyzing the dumps was the whole reason I posted this on these forums instead of the much larger tech site I usually use.

DiaSin, Jun 4, 2015
  8. Carsomyr Win User

I could be wrong (but I am almost positive I'm right) I don't think we can review dumps on Win10 yet... Microsoft has not released the debug symbols for Windows 10 yet, so Windbg does not work (which I learned from posting my own problem on the forum). And I would assume their is no 3rd party software that can do it yet either. That isn't what any of us want to hear but I guess we just have to hold out until the symbols are released.

Carsomyr, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Multiple BSODs in the past 5 hours, only under light system load - Similar Threads - Multiple BSODs past

2. Windows crashing when under light load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows crashing when under light load: Hello,I have been experiencing some strange issues lately with my PC. The entire system crashes and either freezes entirely or restarts immediately while the computer is under a light load, but not while under a heavy load. In particular, it has crashes very frequently while...
  3. Windows crashing when under light load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows crashing when under light load: Hello,I have been experiencing some strange issues lately with my PC. The entire system crashes and either freezes entirely or restarts immediately while the computer is under a light load, but not while under a heavy load. In particular, it has crashes very frequently while...
  4. Windows crashing when under light load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Multiple BSOD within the past 48 hours

Multiple BSOD within the past 48 hours: Hello, In the last 48 hours I have encountered multiple bsod with the stop code being apc_index_mismatch. I have previously updated drivers, performed scan check, and still end up with the same stop code. Next, I ran driver verifier and included the following mini dump...
  6. Multiple BSOD past month

Multiple BSOD past month: Hello, I've made several questions concerning blue screen errors that I have been receiving the past month or 2. The most reoccurring is "KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE". I have multiple minidump files that I will link here. I received a KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE error...
  7. BSOD multiple times an hour

BSOD multiple times an hour: Hello! I just preformed an NVMe Flash Storage replacement on a HP Spectre 13t-af000 because there were frequent blue screens, I figured replacing the drive with a clean install would solve the issue. I preformed a clean install of Windows 10. Now after the computer has been...
  8. Windows 10 Freezes Under Light Load

Windows 10 Freezes Under Light Load: This case looks a bit mysterious. My Windows freezes permanently/hard reboot in approximately 3-5 mins after starting up. To fix this issue I tried: 1. Run update and install major and secondary updates Result: Windows froze in the middle of installation, and later -...
  9. Multiple BSOD. System only month old.

Multiple BSOD. System only month old.: Hi guys. Just had my 9th bsod and I've only had the PC 4 weeks. Could someone help me see if it's a software or hardware issue please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-bsod-system-only-month-old/c1e34c68-e2d0-4bdc-bb30-ab52d2321193
  10. Random BSODs, multiple stop codes, 90% of the time under system load

Random BSODs, multiple stop codes, 90% of the time under system load: I built this computer about 3 months ago, and since I built it, I have been getting random BSODs all the time. Sometimes once a day, sometimes more. Usually, it's while playing a game, but not always. Have tried every troubleshooting tip thrown my way, and have nowhere left...