Windows 10: Multiple BSODs, now can't load Windows

Discus and support Multiple BSODs, now can't load Windows in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey guys! I'm really hoping you can solve a problem that I've spent the past 16 hours wrestling with. This morning my PC hard crashed,. I didn't think... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BlueQuasar, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Multiple BSODs, now can't load Windows

Hey guys! I'm really hoping you can solve a problem that I've spent the past 16 hours wrestling with. This morning my PC hard crashed,. I didn't think anything of it, restarted and got back to work. About an hour later it hard crashed again, eventually BSODing within minutes of logging in. These are just some of the errors:
    IRQL null less or equal
    System Service Exception
    Bad Pool Header
    Kmove exception not handled
    And a few others. I could never stay on long enough to google these errors so I ran CHKDSK from the advanced boot screen which came back fine. I decided "screw it" and just did a System Restore since my last point was a few days ago. Then it BSOD during the system restore, and it made it so that it would crash after the Windows logo. I decided to use the Reset to reinstall Windows 10 but keep my files, and, you guessed it! BSOD during that. Now it doesn't even ask for my password in the advanced boot screen like it used to. If I try to do the Reset again it gives me an error and says it can't be done.
    If I power on, there's a 90% chance it either hard crashes or BSOD at the Windows logo. On the off-chance that it makes it beyond that, it runs a repair tool, but it always fails.
    I made a Windows 10 USB installer but it just prompts for a serial key which I don't have because I used the automatic upgrade from Windows 8.1 a few weeks ago.
    I spent hours searching for answers, and even resorted to making a USB Linux installer just to access my HDD and transfer some important files to an external HDD, but I couldn't grab them all. For some reason some of my folders were inaccessible.

I'm really hoping you guys can solve this for me because it's 5:20am and my brain has turned to mush. And, if possible being able to recover those last few files I'm missing.

If you need any more info from me, just ask, for now, I'm going to grab a couple hours sleep. Good luck!

:)

BlueQuasar, Nov 5, 2015

2. Constant BSOD Loop (Never-Ending)

The Windows Operating System (along with the Blue Screen of Death) is constantly loading, which means that I can't turn it off. (normally at least). It has been churning for 18 hours now, with the BSOD having loaded some 20+ times.

IncogniStructura, Nov 5, 2015
  3. alenabh Win User
    problem with loading Windows 10 after using driver vertfier

I ran a driver verifier and now Windows 10 will not load up and getting BSOD message SCSIPORT.SYS HELP PLEASE!!!!

alenabh, Nov 5, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Multiple BSODs, now can't load Windows

axe0, Nov 5, 2015
  5. I'm not sure what exactly has happened since my last post, but now I can't even access the advanced boot screen to run CHKDSK. It now immediately BSODs after the BIOS, or gives me various error info and asks me to use a recovery tool.

If I change the boot device to the USB where I have Linux, (I have no experience with Linux,) I can still access the majority of my files, so they seem to be in good working order.

BlueQuasar, Nov 5, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    You are posting via another pc?

axe0, Nov 5, 2015
  7. Yes. A borrowed laptop. Sorry for the confusion.

BlueQuasar, Nov 5, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

That is a good thing *Smile
    Is Windows 10 installed on it?

axe0, Nov 5, 2015
  9. axe0 New Member
    axe0, Nov 5, 2015
  10. OK, I've made the Recovery Drive, but I had to uncheck the Back up system files to the recovery drive box. Otherwise it would say there was a problem. Is that going to be an issue?
    How should I proceed from here?

BlueQuasar, Nov 5, 2015
  11. axe0 New Member
    Boot from the USB, go to the advanced troubleshooting options and open command prompt.
    In command prompt enter the chkdsk command and wait until it is finished.

Multiple BSODs, now can't load Windows [​IMG]
    Note It may take hours until chkdsk completes, let it run until it is finished.

Multiple BSODs, now can't load Windows [​IMG]
    Warning Aborting the test may cause (more) damage to your hard drive

12. Chkdsk ended after about a minute saying:
    Errors found. CHKDSK cannot continue in read-only mode

The full scan says:
    Code: Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure... 446720 file records processed. File verification completed. 33405 large file records processed. 0 bad file records processed. Stage 2: Examining file name linkage... Errors detected in encrypted file record segment 265947. Errors detected in reparse point file record segment 265947. An invalid filename x86_microsoft-windows-i...ntrolpanel-option8l_3dbf3e56a1364.35_41.0 (269051) was found in directory 45336. Minor file name errors were detected in file 269051. Index entry x86_microsoft-windows-i...ntrolpanel-optional_31bf3856ad364e35_11.0.10240.16384_none_5d536d65249bd25d.manifest in index $I30 of file 45336 is incorrect. Progress: 471109 of 562458 done; Stage: 83%; Total: 77%; ETA: 0:00:19... 562458 index entries processed. Index verification complete. Errors found. CHKDSK cannot continue in read-only mode. Failed to transfer logged messages to the event log with status 50.[/quote]
    For reference, I ran CHKDSK before I tried to Reset my PC and it did the hour-long scan and everything came back fine. Clearly something has changed.
    Hopefully you can make more sense of this than I can.

BlueQuasar, Nov 5, 2015
  13. axe0 New Member

You'll need to get back in Windows, in any way, in a chance to fix the errors chkdsk has found.
    Are you able to boot in safe mode?
    If you don't know, try it as followIn command prompt enter the command
    Code: start msconfig[/quote] In msconfig, go to the boot tab, click the box of safe mode, click apply > ok and reboot.

14. I get the error:
    Windows cannot find 'msconfig'.

BlueQuasar, Nov 5, 2015
  15. axe0 New Member
Thema:

1. Multiple BSODs, now can't load Windows - Similar Threads - Multiple BSODs can't

2. Updated Windows and now can't hear Multiple things.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Updated Windows and now can't hear Multiple things.: I updated windows 10 on my laptop and before I used to be able to listen to friends on discord while watching netflix, or youtube, etc. But then I updated it and whenever I talked or I heard noise from discord, it would stop the audio from youtube or netflix, so I searched...
  3. Frequent BSOD and now can't boot into windows.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent BSOD and now can't boot into windows.: At first I received BSODs frequently having some CRITICAL PROCESS DIED message. Now I can not get into windows. Can some tell me what the problem is and what is the solution. The windbg analyze for MEMORY.DMP is written below. Start...
  4. Can't boot into Windows. Multiple BSOD errors preventing a boot.

Can't boot into Windows. Multiple BSOD errors preventing a boot.: I am unable to boot into Windows 10 at this time. What I don't want to do: - Reinstall Windows What I can't do: - Automatic System Recovery - Windows Reset - Windows Refresh - Uninstall Updates - Use Restore Points I don't have any What I've tried: - Booting into...
  5. Multiple BSOD. Can't find the source of the problem.

Multiple BSOD. Can't find the source of the problem.: Hi. Not long ago I started having multiple random BSOD: IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA MEMORY MANAGEMENT KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED TIMER OR DPC INVALID...
  6. Multiple BSOD's for a year now, many windows-reinstalls didn't help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSOD's for a year now, many windows-reinstalls didn't help: Hello everyone, After having BSOD's for over a year now, and trying several options, I turned to this channel as a last hope option. I purchased my PC over two years ago - assembled In Store. It was an Intel Core I7-5930K, H110GT cooling, 32GB Corsair vengeance LPX DDR4...
  7. Multiple BSODs types on system load/games; IRQL and PAGE_FAULT

Multiple BSODs types on system load/games; IRQL and PAGE_FAULT: Hi, I've been encountering frequent BSODs / game crashes during heavy loads. My system is fairly new and I'm desperate for some help. Hardware: Mobo: ASRock Z270 Killer SLI/ac Drive: 2 x Samsung EVO 960 500GB (not raid) CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K (not overclocked) GPU:...
  8. BSOD, now can't boot

BSOD, now can't boot: I upgraded my Mum's Win 8.1 PC to Windows 10 and she reported she started having BSOD, which she'd never had before. Having read reports of old drivers causing problems, I guess this might be her problem so I told her to unplug her USB soundcard, which is the only add on...
  9. Multiple BSODs, Can't Access Dump

Multiple BSODs, Can't Access Dump: Hello all, New here so please bear with me. I just finished building my first computer and I am having all sorts of issues with installing Windows 10. When I first went to install, it made it to something like 73% and then gave me a BSOD. After further attempts I got to...
  10. Multiple BSOD - now error 0x8007025D

Multiple BSOD - now error 0x8007025D: Hi, Windows 10 Home 64 bit - I'm afraid I cannot run the tool I'm supposed to to post in this forum, but that is because my PC is currently not usable. See below Forgive the long story, but I feel as much detail as possible is a good thing and I'd be really grateful for...