Windows 10: multiple BSOD's playing Overwatch, ntoskrnl.exe

Discus and support multiple BSOD's playing Overwatch, ntoskrnl.exe in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi! I've been having numerous crashes of Overwatch and Google Chrome for the past several weeks. I've been trying to troubleshoot the crashes but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TygarRamses, Jul 15, 2016.

1. multiple BSOD's playing Overwatch, ntoskrnl.exe

Hi! I've been having numerous crashes of Overwatch and Google Chrome for the past several weeks. I've been trying to troubleshoot the crashes but haven't been successful so far. I've attached the minidump files to this thread. If anyone can point me to what the problem is I'd be incredibly happy.

Thank you!

EDIT: I forgot to add that the BSOD's have started happening since I've installed a new graphics card, PSU, and RAM.

:)

TygarRamses, Jul 15, 2016

2. Page Fault in Nonpaged Area

Hey!

This kind of error literally only happens when playing Overwatch. I randomly get a BSOD and it's always the same error message. It's caused by a particular address in my ntoskrnl.exe.

Driver View, System Information, Speccy, and Dmp files are all accessed through:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ao6GgC-crHzNhR2_6w1SX7OvoiLr

I'm running Windows 10 and I've made sure my drivers are as up to date as they get; I've also run the System File Checker and Memtest, and both come back with no errors.

pinkblade2, Jul 15, 2016
  3. Ar Rom Win User
    BSOD While Playing Overwatch & While Streaming (Ntoskrnl.exe & "KMODE_Exception_Not_Handled")

Hi,

Thank you for providing a detailed and complete description of the issue. The Kmode_exception_not_handled error can sometimes be caused by missing drivers. For us to fix this issue, we recommend to install the missing drivers by following these steps:

1. Press Windows Key + X then choose Device Manager from the menu.

2. When Device Manager opens, find any unknown devices, right click them and choose Update Driver Software.

3. Choose "Search automatically for updated driver software." If that doesn’t work, you may want to try the "Browse my computer for driver software" option instead.

4. After you’ve installed all the missing drivers, check if the issue is resolved.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Ar Rom, Jul 15, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

multiple BSOD's playing Overwatch, ntoskrnl.exe

Your motherboard says .....

Attachment 90423

Whereas your RAM runs at ....
    Code: Speed 1867MHz Manufacturer Kingston Serial Number Asset Tag Number[/quote] Overclocking, with a very little mismatch speed. And, Overclocking may cause all the BSODs.

Please set the RAM speed to 1333 MHz and see how it goes.
    Further troubleshooting may be needed depending on the result.

5. Hi!

So I've changed my RAM speed to 1333MHz but still received a BSOD yesterday. So far today google chrome has crashed a couple of times but no BSOD. I've attached a new minidump file to my original post.

TygarRamses, Jul 16, 2016
  6. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Please upload the new files in the current posts, not changing the original post. That will be helpful if some other people want to have a look at the issue.

Now, test your RAM modules for possible errors.MemTest86+ - Test RAM Run memtest86+ for at least 8 consecutive passes.

If it start showing errors/red lines, stop testing. A single error is enough to determine that something is going bad there.
    Take a camera snap of the memtest86+ window before closing the program. Let us see it.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...en-forums.html

For the Google Chrome, Disable Hardware Acceleration there.
    • Open Chrome. Click on the *burger icon on the top right corner.
    • Click on Settings in the list.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the resulting page. Click on 'Show Advanced Settings'.
    • Again Scroll down to the bottom. Uncheck 'Use Hardware Acceleration when available'.
    • Accept the restart.
    See how it goes.

Thema:

multiple BSOD's playing Overwatch, ntoskrnl.exe

1. multiple BSOD's playing Overwatch, ntoskrnl.exe - Similar Threads - multiple BSOD's playing

2. BSOD when starting or playing Overwatch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when starting or playing Overwatch: Hello there,I'm getting bluescreens sometimes when I play Overwatch or when I am starting it.It happens randomly and I already checked my ssd and inserted new RAM into the computer.Also I tried to reinstall Windows and reinstalled / updated all drivers.Could you help me to...
  3. BSOD When playing Overwatch 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD When playing Overwatch 2: Hi there,I've been getting the BSOD with the label DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when playing Overwatch 2 frequently. I've searched it and some say it's a driver issue but I'm not sure.Here are the files:Dump FilesmsinfoThanks so much!...
  4. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: KUKutter_UKFirstly, I would like to say that I am posting this again because after having an instant reply from an 'Andrew', and posting my dmp files as requested on July 24th I haven't heard anything back since! I have responded a couple of times but nothing is happening to...
  5. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: Hi there, My new machine around 8 months old now runs perfectly most of the time. Uptime 3 - 6 weeks at a time. NO issues at all - I am a heavy PC user: Gaming, Audio Work and some 3D modelling, so my machine goes through its paces.Every now and then on boot, I get the error...
  6. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe: My computer has crashed a few times often when i play games. I bought more ram because i thought that it was the issue but it didn't help. It did work a few days but then the crashes came back. After that i fixed the BSOD´s by lowering the graphics and the resolution on the...
  7. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0: Help. Getting 4-5 of these a day. Running latest Windows 10 Pro, Xibo signboard, Docker with Xibo server. Always the same 'Caused By Address'. Put in new memory, ran memory test, no errors, all drivers up to date. Change disk type to AHCA, made sure windows driver was...
  8. BSOD playing overwatch ntoskrnl related?

BSOD playing overwatch ntoskrnl related?: Hello, I recently got a new graphics card, as well as upgrading my OS to windows ten. However before and after these actions I receive various BSODs but only while playing Overwatch. Looking into it they seem to be related to the ntoskrnl.exe process, but I may be...
  9. BSOD Playing Overwatch, Whea_uncorrectable_error

BSOD Playing Overwatch, Whea_uncorrectable_error: Hey everyone, I got my very first BSOD when i am playing overwatch. I'm using my laptop almost 2 years. Windows 10 x64, 8Gb ram, Intel i7-5700hq 2.7ghz. And using One Hdd, one ssd and """ m2-pci express ssd on m2 port. my computer brand says it s not supported at m2-pci...
  10. BSODs playing Overwatch, multiple codes

BSODs playing Overwatch, multiple codes: Hi all, I've recently started playing Overwatch, and it's been resulting in BSODs and crashes every so often, making the game pretty difficult to play (it's also happened once during Far Cry 3 recently, which is strange, since I had been running that game fine for the most...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. overwatch ntoskrnl.exe