Windows 10: Multiple BSODs. Unsure of Trigger.

Discus and support Multiple BSODs. Unsure of Trigger. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey All, I've had multiple BSODs over the past couple of weeks. Initially, I performed a fairly small overclock on my CPU and I believed this to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Icedhulk, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Icedhulk Win User

Multiple BSODs. Unsure of Trigger.

Hey All,

I've had multiple BSODs over the past couple of weeks. Initially, I performed a fairly small overclock on my CPU and I believed this to be the cause of my BSODs. I reset the system to stock speeds on both the CPU and RAM and hadn't had any issues for a few days, but today I've had a couple BSODs and freezes. Once I was using Firefox and little else, another time I had multiple applications running; Discord, Chrome, Notepad++. I also had a crash while gaming, Streamline.

I already ran a memory diagnostic because that was my initial concern. I also updated GPU drivers today, but since there were crashes last week I'm unsure if that is involved or if the crashes are connected at all.

I have uploaded the BSOD zip file and I would appreciate any help you can offer. Thank you so much!

:)

Icedhulk, Dec 30, 2016
  2. cider_za Win User

Windows BSOD

Hello,

I have had multiple BSODs. I am unsure of what is causing this. I have run memtest86 and found no problems. I have reinstalled GFX drivers with. I have run sfc /scannow multiple times.

Can someone help me identify the problem, if its software or hardware related.

Thanks you

EDIT: How can I attach the DMP files here?

cider_za, Dec 30, 2016
  3. ChrisHaEs Win User
    BSOD due to DPC_Watchdog_Violation

I have done some of the steps suggested and it seems the BSOD goes away in general but it's still consistently triggered by one activity, downloading via qBitorrrent. It happens consistently, with the same error code, DPC watchdog violation

Here's my new MiniDump file: 012618-31203-01.rar

Are there any more clues as to why this specific application consistently trigger the BSOD? I've tried other similar application like uTorrent but it still triggers BSOD regardless of which application I use.

Thank you again for your help.

ChrisHaEs, Dec 30, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi Icedhulk,

Do you have a kernel dump of 30-dec 7:45 PM?
    If you do, please upload it to a 3rd party uploader and post a share link in your next reply.

5. Icedhulk Win User
    I don't think I would have that file as it seems that's something I would have had to have turned on manually. If it is an automatic file, I'd be happy to find it for you if you can tell me where to look. I did find a Memory Dump file from 9:20 PM on the 30th, 737 MB, and I can provide that if that would be useful. Sorry I'm not more help.

Icedhulk, Dec 31, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    By default Windows creates a kernel dump and a minidump, the kernel dump is located in C:\Windows\Memory.dmp or %systemroot%\Memory.dmp if the system partition has a different letter.

7. Icedhulk Win User
    Okay. That was the 9:20 file I had found earlier. I must have had another crash after the 7:45, so the file got rewritten. Sorry. Here's the link to the 9:20 dump file, Dropbox - MEMORY.DMP

Icedhulk, Dec 31, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

I didn't expect a 0x124, a 0x124 usually doesn't provide much useful information if it's a lonely dump.
    I cannot find much unfortunately, in all cores the threads are clearing there context and the initial thread where the problem occurs does the standard stuff with a 0x124.

Only possible useful stuff found is that the processor was fetching instructions to execute and the active process was audiodg.exe which is a Windows application for the audio engine of Windows (so also not useful).

Please check in the BIOS what for the RAM the timing & voltage are and for the CPU the voltage and frequency.

9. Icedhulk Win User
    Okay. So it seems the system overclocked again without my doing so. The CPU is currently targeting 4.32 at 1.3v, while the RAM is running slower than it should at 1439MHz 11-11-11-28 1.5v. This is the page for the exact part number RAM I have, and it shows a 1866MHz 1.5v at 9-10-9-27. Vengeance(R) — 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory Kit (CMZ8GX3M2A1866C9)

Icedhulk, Dec 31, 2016
  10. axe0 New Member
    Actually, 1333MHz is what the memory should run on.
    1333MHz is the SPD speed, but I notice that the CPU supports 1866MHz.

Have you set everything manually as it should? CPU non-overclock and RAM compatible for CPU?

11. Icedhulk Win User
    Yes, you are correct the RAM's SPD Speed is 1333MHz, but I purchased it to run at the tested 1866. I have gone back through and manually changed everything back so that the CPU is at 4.0GHz and the RAM is at 1866MHz again. I have not had a BSOD since making the changes, but I will post in here again if that changes. Thank you for you help up to this point Axe0!

Icedhulk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Multiple BSODs. Unsure of Trigger. - Similar Threads - Multiple BSODs Unsure

2. Unsure what caused this BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unsure what caused this BSOD: The error code was: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 50what failed: UsbHub3.systhis occurred when I plugged something into my usb port, from what I understand this could be a corrupted driver but I haven't updated anything recently.This was what I got when I used windbg to view...
  3. Unsure what caused this BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unsure what caused this BSOD: The error code was: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 50what failed: UsbHub3.systhis occurred when I plugged something into my usb port, from what I understand this could be a corrupted driver but I haven't updated anything recently.This was what I got when I used windbg to view...
  4. Unsure what caused this BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD daily - various issues unsure

BSOD daily - various issues unsure: Hi,Hope someone can help me. In the last month or so, my PC has been crashing to the BSOD daily, sometimes more than daily. The stop codes have been inconsistant. Memory Management comes up most often, with Unexpected Store Exception Kernal Data InPage Error also coming up. I...
  6. BSOD Unsure of what to do

BSOD Unsure of what to do: Hi guys looking for some advice here. I ran memtest86 and dont get any errors that come back i have also monitored temps for my cpu and doesnt seem to be overheating under load and also ran a stresstest on cpu and no crashes or anything. This is the minidump i got back....
  7. Repeated BSOD, unsure of source.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Repeated BSOD, unsure of source.: My computer completely froze a few weeks back and so I had to force shutdown as it wasn't responding to anything, when I turned it back on, it Blue screened, i tried several fixes I had found online, none of which worked, and so I reinstalled windows, this fixed the problems,...
  8. BSOD with no obvious trigger

BSOD with no obvious trigger: I've been getting Blue Screens of Death lately without any apparent trigger. They're always DRIVER_IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL but my PC reboots before I'm able to write down all the BSOD details. I've tried looking through the Event Viewer log, but I have neither the...
  9. Multiple freezes and crashes - no real trigger

Multiple freezes and crashes - no real trigger: Hello My PC has recently started to freeze and reboot itsself randomly, I can't figure out what is causing the issue since there are no error messages etc after. I have uploaded the diagnostics dump files 36595
  10. BSOD on Fresh Windows Install, unsure of trigger

BSOD on Fresh Windows Install, unsure of trigger: Move cases for my PC and did a clean install of Windows 10 and ran windows update. Was just checking e-mails and the PC randomly BSOD. Attachment 115523 Any help is appreciated. Thanks! 73772