Windows 10: Multiple BSODs w/ different bugchecks since installing W10

Discus and support Multiple BSODs w/ different bugchecks since installing W10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Much as I hoped the W10 upgrade experience would be a smooth one, in true Windows fashion it's been a disaster. I've experienced multiple BSODs since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by splendidcheedo, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Multiple BSODs w/ different bugchecks since installing W10

Much as I hoped the W10 upgrade experience would be a smooth one, in true Windows fashion it's been a disaster. I've experienced multiple BSODs since install day, each with a different bug check string and no clear source (to my system-innards-illiterate mind, anyway).

I've tried upgrading drivers, uninstalling old software, praying to the Lovecraftian gods-- no dice. I'm at a loss as to how to fix this, and I figure the folks here might be able to unravel what the hell my machine's problem is and how I can make it reliable again. Thanks!

:)

splendidcheedo, Sep 6, 2015
  2. TTB124 Win User

Getting Blue screen of death error code 0x0000003b

Original title: Unexplained BSOD

Since upgrade on Dec.27, the Windows 10 reliability monitor shows multiple instances of installation of “WPD FileSystem Volume Driver”.
    I count installations of that driver on 7 different days, even though I have only 3 USB drives and 1 USB stick.

Details of big system crash below:

"The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b (0x00000000c0000005, 0xfffff960b5bdd8be, 0xffffd0002c1a8bd0, 0x0000000000000000)."

I received a "system_service_exception" BSOD. Just before the system went to the BSOD, I saw that Memory on Task Manager was tapped out at 100% -- I believe that CPU and Disk were also at much higher than normal levels. I had not made
    any changes to the computer or hardware configuration other than move the Microsoft wireless mouse "dongle" from one USB port to another. Computer is a Lenovo W540 ThinkPad with 8Gb of RAM.

Here are links to
    minidump file
    DriverView report
    , and
    Memory dump file
    (about 1 Gb).

TTB124, Sep 6, 2015
  3. J. C. Griffith - jcgriff2, Sep 6, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Multiple BSODs w/ different bugchecks since installing W10

axe0, Sep 6, 2015
  5. splendidcheedo, Sep 6, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    I see you have KMSpico, is this program used for windows?

axe0, Sep 6, 2015
  7. The name wasn't ringing any bells, so I looked it up. It's an activation program for some software I have installed, but it's not related to Windows 10 itself. W10 I got through the free upgrade from W7, if that makes a difference with anything.

8. axe0 New Member

The software that is activated with KMSpico could be the cause a lot of crashes.

This part is meant for windows activation with KMSpico, but I don't expect any difference with software activation.

axe0, Sep 6, 2015
  9. I can try uninstalling the software, but I only installed it within the last two weeks; the BSODs predate it to when W10 was installed at the beginning of August.

10. axe0 New Member
    Please remove the activated software with KMSpico, this makes it easier for us to help you.

11. Here's an updated log without the software.

12. axe0 New Member
    Please remove KMSpico too by deleting the directories it created and then please use the tool again and upload a new zip file.
    Most likely is here where KMSpico has created it all "%ProgramFiles%\KMSpico\"

13. axe0 New Member

KMSpico has been removed *Smile *Thumbs

Please remove Avast using the uninstall instructions

Multiple BSODs w/ different bugchecks since installing W10 [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

14. Hey! I ran Memtest overnight, no errors found. I had one more BSOD last night while using Photoshop (specifically, it was saving a file), and while that's the second time that's happened, it's not a consistent cause of crashes.

splendidcheedo, Sep 7, 2015
  15. axe0 New Member
    Good.

Better prevent then cure a consistent BSOD.

Thema:

1. Multiple BSODs w/ different bugchecks since installing W10 - Similar Threads - Multiple BSODs different

2. Multiple Bugcheck errors and BSODs with different Stop Codes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Bugcheck errors and BSODs with different Stop Codes: Hello,I recently updated Windows 10 for the KB5011259 as well as my BIOS software for my MSI X570-A Pro and my computer went from perfectly fine to pretty much unusable. When I saw errors such as IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - I went to see if all of my drivers were updated. They...
  3. Multiple Bugcheck errors and BSODs with different Stop Codes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple Bugcheck errors and BSODs with different Stop Codes: Hello,I recently updated Windows 10 for the KB5011259 as well as my BIOS software for my MSI X570-A Pro and my computer went from perfectly fine to pretty much unusable. When I saw errors such as IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - I went to see if all of my drivers were updated. They...
  4. Multiple Bugcheck errors and BSODs with different Stop Codes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Multiple BSOD of different bugchecks

Multiple BSOD of different bugchecks: I have had multiple issues where my computer has blue screened, I’ve done a fresh install of windows even and I keep getting BSOD where “Driver IRQL is less or not equal” or “IRQL less or not equal” could this be a hardware issue? It’s to the point where it resets while in...
  6. Multiple different BSOD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple different BSOD: Hello, So I'm encountering a lot of blue screens, often with different reasons. How it cam to this: A few weeks ago my PC turned very slow, malewarbytes discovered some malware, but the pc stayed slow. Later I found out, that the watercooler wasn't working properly.. I...
  7. Multiple different BSOD

Multiple different BSOD: Hi, really hope someone can be my hero here. Have a new build PC, worked fine for a month, then constant BSOD, with all kinds of different error messages, including: IRQL not less or equal Driver overran stack buffer Kernel auto boost lock acquisition with raised irql kernel...
  8. Multiple different BSODs since day 1 of laptop ownership

Multiple different BSODs since day 1 of laptop ownership: Hi all, Just received a Xiaomi Mi Notebook Air 12.5" and instead of new found joy, this is where my headache began. At first boot, I was already greeted by a BSOD. And those brushes with BSODs were increasingly frequent with each passing day. Some might ask why i am not...
  9. Multiple different BSODs

Multiple different BSODs: Hello, I have had this self built desktop for about half a year so far and I am running dual monitors off the NVIDIA GeForce 1050 TI graphics card. The issue is only occurring when I am running youtube on one monitor and playing a game on the other monitor (runescape). I have...
  10. Multiple BSODs since clean install

Multiple BSODs since clean install: Hey, I'm spent, hopefully the experts can help *Smile I did a clean install of Windows 10 a few days ago since I was BSODing like crazy, but they're still happening. I'm not well versed in reading the dumps or crash logs. BlueScreenView tells me that all BSODs are...