Windows 10: Multiple BSODS with different errors, caused by ntoskrnl.exe

Discus and support Multiple BSODS with different errors, caused by ntoskrnl.exe in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi again, I do believe I modified that at one point because windows was not writing dumps and I tried to fix it, will revert it back as you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by buncieboy, Feb 15, 2017.

1. buncieboy Win User

Multiple BSODS with different errors, caused by ntoskrnl.exe

Hi again,

I do believe I modified that at one point because windows was not writing dumps and I tried to fix it, will revert it back as you recommend.

I turned on driver verifier after the crash today (22nd feb) at 19:22:34, and then it blue screened again at 22:25:18 with verifier turned on. I have attached the log collector.

Thanks *Smile

buncieboy, Feb 22, 2017
  2. Ztruker Win User

Both dumps from 2/11 point to memory_corruption:
    Code: BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff802e5910c71, 0, b2} Probably caused by : memory_corruption Followup: memory_corruption ---------[/quote] Code: BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff80336ebce76, ffffdc802a2cf6b0, 0} Probably caused by : memory_corruption Followup: memory_corruption[/quote] Also see in the thread trace:
    Code: ffffc500`7cf31e18 ffffe954`ae7a67a5*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for cdd.dll cdd+0x67a5[/quote] cdd.dll is the Canonical Display Driver, part of the OS so not a likely candidate but this in indicates a possible video related problem as dxggms2 and nvlddmkm are also in the thread trace. In fact, further up in the trace I see this:
    Code: ffffc500`7cf304d8 fffff806`bc9c0e78*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys nvlddmkm+0x1e0e78[/quote] The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 driver version you have is sort of old: 378.66 09/02/2017

The current available version is: WHQL Release Date: 2017.2.14

I suggest completely uninstalling the Nvidia display drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) from WagnardMobile (near bottom of page) then get the latest driver for you Nvidia card here: NVIDIA Driver Downloads

Then do a custom install of only the NVidia graphics driver and the PhysX driver.

See if that gets rid of the problem.

Ztruker, Feb 22, 2017
  3. buncieboy Win User
    Ok will do, I have another BSOD since, should I provide that dump, or simply update the nvidia driver as described, leave verifier on and see what happens?

buncieboy, Feb 22, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

Update the Nvidia driver then see what happens. Run dm_log_collector and upload zip if another BSOD occurs.

Ztruker, Feb 22, 2017
  5. buncieboy Win User
    Keep verifier on or nah?

buncieboy, Feb 22, 2017
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Run without first. If problems, try Verifier again.

Ztruker, Feb 22, 2017
  7. buncieboy Win User
    Ok so I did as you said and my pc froze this morning, what would you recommend, will verifier help with freezes?

buncieboy, Feb 22, 2017
  8. buncieboy Win User

As soon as I turned my pc on same thing happened within 2 minutes *Sad

buncieboy, Feb 22, 2017
  9. Ztruker Win User
    I don't know if Verifier will help ID the freezing cause or not. All you can do it try it.

I notice you have
    Code: Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Mouse Razer Naga[/quote] See if there are updated drivers for either or both as Razer has been known to cause problems with Windows 10. If no new driver, can you replace them with normal USB keyboard and mouse and uninstall the Razer software and/or drivers. Do this just to test for awhile, see if it still freezes.

One other thing you can think about doing is doing a Clean Boot to see if that makes any difference:
    How to Perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts

Ztruker, Feb 23, 2017
  10. buncieboy Win User
    Ok I will try these, it blue screened just now so I'll upload the logs when home and will turn on the verifier*Smile

buncieboy, Feb 23, 2017
  11. buncieboy Win User
    Provided the dumps, had 3 crashes very close to each other, however I think this was because the first one happened during an update and thus caused an issue. Razer synapse (the driver manager) was struggling to update, so I removed it with revo and am re installing it now. I have turned verifier on so next crash (fingers crossed) should be better recorded. I have also enabled the clean boot thing.

buncieboy, Feb 23, 2017
  12. Ztruker Win User
    The 2/24 7:53PM dump indicates a problem with rt640x64.sys.
    Code: BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc000001d, fffff800931354e0, ffffb200063fd1c8, ffffb200063fc9f0} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rt640x64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rt640x64.sys[/quote] Driver Description: Realtek NICDRV 8169 PCIe GBE Family Controller driver
    Driver Update Site: Realtek

The one you have is dated 05/05/2015 17:21:03 C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\rt640x64.sys.
    There is one on the website for your board that is slightly newer and is for Windows 10 X64:
    Realtek LAN Driver [10.001.0505.2015] 9.36 MB 2015/07/09

Give that a try, see if it helps.

Ztruker, Feb 24, 2017
  13. buncieboy Win User

So when checking this I uninstalled the driver, downloaded and installed the latest driver they have, however it still appears in device manager as the 05/05/2015 one, (it was properly uninstalled and installed I am sure), but it has the version 10.1.505.2015, so I believe it is up to date.
    I have had more BSOD's and will provide the logs asap.

buncieboy, Feb 24, 2017
  14. lifetec Win User
    The latest dumpfile is
    Code: BugCheck 1000007F, {8, ffffa10132a48b30, ffffa1013bc57bb0, fffff801712afdc3} Probably caused by : memory_corruption Followup: memory_corruption ---------[/quote] Usual causes:* Memory corruption, Hardware (memory in particular), Overclocking failure, Installing a faulty or mismatched hardware (especially memory) or a failure after installing it, 3rd party firewall, Device drivers, SCSI/network/BIOS updates needed, Improperly seated cards, Incompatible storage devices, Overclocking, Virus scanner, Backup tool, Bad motherboard, Missing Service Pack

You have 1600 mhz modules but according the dumpfile they are running at 800 mhz.
    Could you check this in the BIOS.
    Code: Size 4096MB Form Factor 09h - DIMM Device Set [None] Device Locator Node0_Dimm2 Bank Locator Node0_Bank0 Memory Type 18h - Specification Reserved Type Detail 4080h - Synchronous Speed 800MHz Manufacturer Undefined Serial Number Asset Tag Number Part Number ST51264BA160B[/quote] Also have you installed the modules in the same coloured slots, according your to your manual the recommend slots are Channel A -2 and Channel B - 1. See your manual GA-990XA-UD3 (rev. 3.0) - GIGABYTE - Motherboard , Graphics Card , Laptop , Mini-PC , Server , PC Peripherals and more

Is this memory compatible with your Mobo, it is not listed on the QVL memory list?

lifetec, Feb 24, 2017
  15. buncieboy Win User
    Wow thats a lot of usual causes!

Just to clarify / remove some things of that list, as mentioned the RAM has passed memtest multiple times, none of my hardware is OC'd, BIOS is fully up to date.

As far as I'm aware this is because its the single ram speed, and with it being DDR its 800*2=1600, I could be mistaken though?

As for the slots basically I was having BSOD's whenever any module was installed in one of the channels, so I had to move both modules over to the other channel, and this seemed to fix it, however I can move them back around to see what happens.

As for the memory I could have sworn I saw it on the supported list a while ago, ill check with the vendor of my PC.

Thanks for all the help *Smile

So whats the next step?

buncieboy, Feb 25, 2017
Thema:

1. Multiple BSODS with different errors, caused by ntoskrnl.exe - Similar Threads - Multiple BSODS different

2. Multiple BSOD Caused by Different Sources

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSOD Caused by Different Sources: I bought a lenovo legion 7i gen 7 about a month ago and I was getting a BSOD on multiple occasions during startup. Every time it happened the laptop would restart and then boot normally. I tried to fix it many times, and originally I was getting that the problem was from...
  3. Multiple BSOD Caused by Different Sources

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple BSOD Caused by Different Sources: I bought a lenovo legion 7i gen 7 about a month ago and I was getting a BSOD on multiple occasions during startup. Every time it happened the laptop would restart and then boot normally. I tried to fix it many times, and originally I was getting that the problem was from...
  4. Windows 10 BSOD errors - multiple ntoskrnl, PSHED.dll

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 BSOD errors - multiple ntoskrnl, PSHED.dll: Teams, I've been having some issues i cannot track down. Motherboard drives are up to date. nvidia drivers are up to date. Any suggestions on what to try before i format and redo? Link to minidump files below:...
  5. Multiple BSOD different errors

Multiple BSOD different errors: I keep getting multiple Blue Screen of Deaths with alot of different errors. Though I get the following one fairly frequently, maybe 1 in 5. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Is anyone able to take a look at my files below: Minidump files System Information msinfo32 Desktop...
  6. Multiple BSOD different errors.

Multiple BSOD different errors.: In order the errors have been: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION The system is a new system and I'm at a loss at what is causing this. Here are the DMP files. https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah_alY6GX0UBpFumlfc2izCKiTmI?e=TtcBbj...
  7. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe: My computer has crashed a few times often when i play games. I bought more ram because i thought that it was the issue but it didn't help. It did work a few days but then the crashes came back. After that i fixed the BSOD´s by lowering the graphics and the resolution on the...
  8. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0: Help. Getting 4-5 of these a day. Running latest Windows 10 Pro, Xibo signboard, Docker with Xibo server. Always the same 'Caused By Address'. Put in new memory, ran memory test, no errors, all drivers up to date. Change disk type to AHCA, made sure windows driver was...
  9. Multiple BSOD with different Errors

Multiple BSOD with different Errors: Hello everyone I've been experiencing multiple BSOD Errors in the last few month. BSOD Errors I'm getting: - Kernel Security Check Failure - Driver irql not less or equal - Driver corrupted expool I have tried reinstalling Windows 10 from scratch to no avail. The...
  10. BSOD caused by ntoskrnl exceptions

BSOD caused by ntoskrnl exceptions: Hello to anyone that is willing to help my name is Glenn, My pc was assembled by professionals but it got really hot so a month ago I took my cpu cooler off and noticed that they left the plastic on the cpu cooling block, So I fixed that issue after emailing the people...
Tags: