Windows 10: Multiple copies of programs launched with browers

Discus and support Multiple copies of programs launched with browers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; when I launch Firefox or Internet Explorer Task Manager runs 4 copies of the browser at different resource use. How do I launch only 1 instance?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GeorgeFitch, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Multiple copies of programs launched with browers

when I launch Firefox or Internet Explorer Task Manager runs 4 copies of the browser at different resource use. How do I launch only 1 instance?

:)

GeorgeFitch, Jul 16, 2018

2. DVD copy program.

I need to copy my daughters recital and I'm looking for a good cloning program. What do you guys suggest? Something free. Also is there a way to do it in win7?

TheMailMan78, Jul 16, 2018
  3. Cortana and launching programs

Hi there!

Try to double check if your Spotify App is installed properly. Try to do these steps to find out:

• Press Windows Key + R button on your keyboard
    • On the text field in the run command type appwiz.cpl
    • You should be able to see Spotify on the list

If your Spotify is not listed there, it can only mean that your Spotify Software has been placed on your PC by copying the whole client from a External Storage.

If your Spotify is listed on the appwiz.cpl . Try to restart your PC and check if Cortana can now launch the app instead of searching the Web.

Michael Sarno, Jul 16, 2018
  4. Bumper Win User

Multiple copies of programs launched with browers

Multiple windows 10 copies.

So what, the question has nothing to do with 7 or the legalities, it has to do with if he can with 10, I suggest you read the question, although why anyone would want more than one copy of 10 is beyond me. I doubt MS will be sending out a helicopter and a sniper because he has more than one copy as a duel boot.

Regards Sir

Bumper, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

Multiple copies of programs launched with browers

1. Multiple copies of programs launched with browers - Similar Threads - Multiple copies programs

2. MULTIPLE ISSUES mostly programs crashing on launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MULTIPLE ISSUES mostly programs crashing on launch: 1. My Forza horizon 5 crashes right after the log in screen2. The Windows search bar on the task bar closes after loading for about 5 seconds3. The same thing happens to the settings app-----------------------------------------I've tried sfc /scan now though it says it found...
  3. MULTIPLE ISSUES mostly programs crashing on launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MULTIPLE ISSUES mostly programs crashing on launch: 1. My Forza horizon 5 crashes right after the log in screen2. The Windows search bar on the task bar closes after loading for about 5 seconds3. The same thing happens to the settings app-----------------------------------------I've tried sfc /scan now though it says it found...
  4. MULTIPLE ISSUES mostly programs crashing on launch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Multiple Programs Keep closing automatically upon launch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple Programs Keep closing automatically upon launch: I have been running Windows 10 for over a year now on this computer with little issues. Over the past week, I have tried opening multiple programs, games on Steam, Bitdefender Antivirus, etc. and almost all of them close about 5 seconds after I open them. I have tried...
  6. Windows 10 opening multiple copies of each program,

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 opening multiple copies of each program,: Windows 10 computer is opening multiple copies of each program I open: 3 Discord, 5 Chrom, 11 Twitch. 2 One Note. to name a few. I just applied the latest update and it didnt help. Any thoughts how to recitify this? its causing massive slowdown and lagging. Thanks,...
  7. programs, browers close and/or minimize on their own

in Windows 10 Customization
    programs, browers close and/or minimize on their own: I have a new HP laptop and for the past month, my browser will close on its own and Word will minimize on its own. How do I stop this? Also, since the last update, when I'm using Windows Settings, and I click on a topic, it goes automatically to Bing and there is no way to...
  8. Open Multiple Windows in Specific Locations on Program Launch

Open Multiple Windows in Specific Locations on Program Launch: I would like to know if it is possible to set a program to open multiple windows in specific location when the program launches. Specifically I would like Microsoft Outlook to open 3 mailboxes and a calendar, each snapped to half the screen in different locations. I would...
  9. Windows 10 Launching Multiple Instances of Programs

Windows 10 Launching Multiple Instances of Programs: There must be a setting I need to adjust - sometimes when my mouse gets near the bottom of the screen where the Taskbar is (not sure that's the name of it) multiple instances of the same program will launch. It's very distracting while trying to work. I'm on a laptop -...
  10. CPU always at 100%; multiple copies of programs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU always at 100%; multiple copies of programs: I have several issues going on and wanted to see if anyone has an idea of what could be going on. I'm technically unsavvy so unsure if I have malware, or when things are just normal, etc. I had a cyberstalking ex a few years ago so am a bit paranoid at times. Firstly, when I...