Windows 10: Multiple CPU support

Discus and support Multiple CPU support in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all, I've joined countless forums to try and get an answer. I'll be as brief and to the point as possible. I have a dell 7400 dual cpu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 2ndAmend, Mar 31, 2016.

1. 2ndAmend Win User

Multiple CPU support

Hello all, I've joined countless forums to try and get an answer.
    I'll be as brief and to the point as possible.
    I have a dell 7400 dual cpu socket. It has one x5472 processor, of which I bought another x5472. BOTH are SLASA from Coasta Rica.

However the steppings are different. I've heard it all. They won't work together. The motherboard won't work. The BIOS is the problem.
    First, Intel themselves say the steppings in a dual cpu system are fine, in their documentation... if you care...
    http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www...-datasheet.pdf
    page 26

2nd, I've booted live Linux and they work great
    3rd, I've booted live Overclockers stress test software and ran both all 8 cores at 100% making 6100primes a second.
    4th, ran 4 cores, and it utilized 2 cores from each CPU and they ran at 100% all fine.

So it's definitely in the OS.
    I have Vista Business. Went to upgrade to 7 pro which supports dual CPU and it wouldn't run.
    After some research it appears there's a mix of people that had mixed stepping cpus on vista buisness and went to upgrade to 7pro and it wouldn't work. But there's a lot of complaining that 7 didn't rectify this issue. So it is widely known to be an OS issue.

So my question, will win10 support different stepping but otherwise identical cpus?

Before you ask, I can't just run linux. I have adobe CS6 suite. And I don't want to deal with opensource stuff for linux.

Thanks very much, hopefully someone can shed some light here.

Ryan

:)

2ndAmend, Mar 31, 2016
  2. rasletaz Win User

Multiple physical CPU support in Windows 10

I was wondering whether Windows 10 has the same CPU restrictions as found in Windows 7 and 8. In both those versions only 1 physical CPU is supported for Home Premium, and 2 for Pro and Ultimate (though they all support multiple cores).

Will this be the same for Windows 10? Or will all versions support multi-CPU setups?

rasletaz, Mar 31, 2016
  3. Multiple physical CPU support in Windows 10

Why is multi-processor support not more advertised?

RCJ TSTC Abilene, Mar 31, 2016
Thema:

Multiple CPU support

1. Multiple CPU support - Similar Threads - Multiple CPU support

2. W11 CPU support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11 CPU support: Why is a 4 core i5 3 Ghz Intel 7400 CPU not supported by W11? Seems to meet all the capacity requirements. Is the answer it just isn't or is there some logic to it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w11-cpu-support/1ff8dd3e-fa6c-40ff-8f33-efd3cfa67b65
  3. W11 CPU support

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W11 CPU support: Why is a 4 core i5 3 Ghz Intel 7400 CPU not supported by W11? Seems to meet all the capacity requirements. Is the answer it just isn't or is there some logic to it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w11-cpu-support/1ff8dd3e-fa6c-40ff-8f33-efd3cfa67b65
  4. cpu not supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cpu not supported: I have a i7 6700HQ cpu, why is it not supported for windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-not-supported/65c8516c-d001-49a7-bec1-8538c172b2ff
  5. cpu not supported

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cpu not supported: I have a i7 6700HQ cpu, why is it not supported for windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-not-supported/65c8516c-d001-49a7-bec1-8538c172b2ff
  6. my CPU is not supported?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my CPU is not supported?: What should I do now? The board was already used for two years and the intel CPU was used for 7 years ! Now, every time I start up my computer it requires me to press F1 to continue but looks like then everything is alright See screenshot below. What I can do to fix this...
  7. Intel CPU not supported.

Intel CPU not supported.: I was hoping to move from Win7 to Win10 but when a check is done for computer compatability I get the message - ! CPU The CPU isn't supported (NX) Memory OK Disk space OK The CPU is an " Intel(R) Core(TM)2 duo CPU E7400 @ 2,8GHz 2.79GHz The message ends up...
  8. CPU Not Supported

CPU Not Supported: Have Windows 7 sp1 and Windows 10 Build 10240 in dual boot. On trying to upgrade windows 7, error message: Your CPU is not supported. Have Intel Core2duo E7500 @ 2.93 ghz. Coreinfo utility says all NX, PAE & SSE2 are supported and enabled. Window 10 preview has all along...
  9. CPU Support

CPU Support: Hi all I was wondering if there is a list of CPUs supported by Win 10? I am currently running two desktops one with a Dual Core Pentium @ 2ghz and a Core Duo E8400 @ 3 Ghz. They both run Win 8.1 fine but was wondering if 10 will support them. I know min requirements are 1...
  10. "CPU isn't supported"

"CPU isn't supported": Hey gang i have a friend who got this message "CPU isn't supported" when they tried to upgrade to W10. We tried the Media Creation Tool and it came back with "You can't install Windows 10 because your processor doesn't support CompareExchange128". So where do i send her from...