Windows 10: Multiple Desktops using Edge Windows 10

Discus and support Multiple Desktops using Edge Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; (1) I open a Web Page (2) I go to Task View and see that Web Page in a mini desktop (desktop 1) (3) Then I go back into my Browser (Edge) and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Cyberdesigner, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Multiple Desktops using Edge Windows 10

(1) I open a Web Page

(2) I go to Task View and see that Web Page in a mini desktop (desktop 1)

(3) Then I go back into my Browser (Edge) and minimise that page

(4) Then I open a different Web Page and go back into Task View, only to find that this new Web Page has replaced the first one.

When I wanted them both open in Separate mini desktops.

Could someone explain in simple terms what I am doing wrong.

It must be something to do with the Tabs but as a newbie to Windows 10 I don't know where to look or what to click.

:)

Cyberdesigner, Aug 11, 2015
  2. DallyCane Win User

Using multiple desktops

So when I go from left to right, I can do it usually by clicking the little arrow thing towards the bottom r/h side of the keyboard. The one thats not pointing down, up or left should do the trick, but if not maybe try the other three arrow thingys. or
    NumLock plus all 10 numbers at once. Failing that, there's a reset button behind the camera of most laptops, just pop it out, hit the button and you should be good to go!

DallyCane, Aug 11, 2015
  3. FamilleDF Win User
    Launching an application on multiple desktops

With Windows 10 virtual desktops, is there a way to launch Edge across multiple desktops? Currently, whenever one attemps to launch a new instance of Edge, the desktop automatically switches back to the one where the first instance of Edge was launched.
    It's obviously not impossible to run two instances at once since you can detach an Edge tab and then drag it over to another desktop, but that's kinda cumbersome.

Seems to me having two instances of Edge on two separate desktops is not such a crazy concept.

FamilleDF, Aug 11, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

Multiple Desktops using Edge Windows 10

You're not doing anything wrong, really, you just have to do it differently. Here's an easy way:

Firstly, if you are going to use Virtual Desktops a lot, open a few at every Start Up by holding Ctrl + *Start and pressing D for as many as you wish.

Then, open all your Favorites in tabs, then grab and drag the individual tabs right off of the tab bar and drop them anywhere, they will open in new windows.

Then click on the 'Taskview' button and drag and drop the individual windows onto individual Desktops:

Multiple Desktops using Edge Windows 10 [​IMG]

To quickly navigate from Desktop to Desktop, hold Ctrl + *Start and press left or right arrows, (the ones in between the alpha keypad and the numeric keypad)

FYI:
    Ctrl + *Start + D = add a desktop,
    Ctrl + *Start + F4 = deletes a desktop (beginning with the last one opened, any open windows there will be moved to an open Desktop),
    Ctrl + *Start + Left or Right Arrows = navigate between Desktops

Edwin, Aug 12, 2015
Thema:

Multiple Desktops using Edge Windows 10

1. Multiple Desktops using Edge Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Multiple Desktops using

2. Multiple --desktops-- in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multiple --desktops-- in Windows 10: Task view gives you the ability to change between virtual groups of 'tasks'. But what I want is to have different 'desktop' views. I want to literally see different folder and file arrangements in the GUI view of my desktop. I don't care how these files are organized in the...
  3. Multiple --desktops-- in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple --desktops-- in Windows 10: Task view gives you the ability to change between virtual groups of 'tasks'. But what I want is to have different 'desktop' views. I want to literally see different folder and file arrangements in the GUI view of my desktop. I don't care how these files are organized in the...
  4. Multiple --desktops-- in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Application opens on wrong desktop, when using "Multiple desktops" in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application opens on wrong desktop, when using "Multiple desktops" in Windows: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-the-same-application-on-a-different/07093262-b6e8-4619-9b2a-2ad42981d9a5Can you really not fix this?...
  6. Multiple desktops in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multiple desktops in Windows 10?: Is it possible to create multiple desktops in Windows 10 to have more space? So not Ctrl + Win + D but that you can save files on a second desktop. Mehrere Desktops in Windows 10?
  7. Use Excel workbooks on multiple desktops

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Use Excel workbooks on multiple desktops: Hello! The problem I’m having is I want to use 2 desktops with a different excel workbook in each desktop. When I open an excel workbook in desktop 2, my computer switches to desktop 1 and opens the excel workbook there with the already existing workbook. This is annoying....
  8. PDFs don't work using multiple desktops Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    PDFs don't work using multiple desktops Windows 10: Let's say I have a pdf let's call it pdf#1 open in a desktop desktop#1. I then try to open a new pdf pdf#2 in a new desktop desktop#2. Rather than opening pdf#2 in desktop#2, Windows 10 will flick back to desktop#1 and open it there. This is obviously frustrating and almost...
  9. Unable to use multiple monitors on Windows 10 Enterprise Remote Desktop

Unable to use multiple monitors on Windows 10 Enterprise Remote Desktop: Hello, Going to be straightforward in hopes that I can get this solved. I very much need two monitors running the same RDP session to do my job. This is a company laptop and company remote desktop. 1. Host laptop is Windows 10 Enterprise. 2. Remote desktop is Windows 7...
  10. Windows 10 - Multiple Desktops

Windows 10 - Multiple Desktops: Background Info: In Windows 10, one can setup multiple desktops available via Win + Tab followed by Add New Desktop. Applications or individual windows in the same application can be moved from one desktop to the other perfectly fine. Question(s): 1. If I have any...