Windows 10: Multiple Desktops using Edge Windows 10

Discus and support Multiple Desktops using Edge Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; (1) I open a Web Page (2) I go to Task View and see that Web Page in a mini desktop (desktop 1) (3) Then I go back into my Browser (Edge) and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Cyberdesigner, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Multiple Desktops using Edge Windows 10

(1) I open a Web Page

(2) I go to Task View and see that Web Page in a mini desktop (desktop 1)

(3) Then I go back into my Browser (Edge) and minimise that page

(4) Then I open a different Web Page and go back into Task View, only to find that this new Web Page has replaced the first one.

When I wanted them both open in Separate mini desktops.

Could someone explain in simple terms what I am doing wrong.

It must be something to do with the Tabs but as a newbie to Windows 10 I don't know where to look or what to click.

:)

Cyberdesigner, Aug 11, 2015
  2. DallyCane Win User

Using multiple desktops

So when I go from left to right, I can do it usually by clicking the little arrow thing towards the bottom r/h side of the keyboard. The one thats not pointing down, up or left should do the trick, but if not maybe try the other three arrow thingys. or
    NumLock plus all 10 numbers at once. Failing that, there's a reset button behind the camera of most laptops, just pop it out, hit the button and you should be good to go!

DallyCane, Aug 11, 2015
  3. FamilleDF Win User
    Launching an application on multiple desktops

With Windows 10 virtual desktops, is there a way to launch Edge across multiple desktops? Currently, whenever one attemps to launch a new instance of Edge, the desktop automatically switches back to the one where the first instance of Edge was launched.
    It's obviously not impossible to run two instances at once since you can detach an Edge tab and then drag it over to another desktop, but that's kinda cumbersome.

Seems to me having two instances of Edge on two separate desktops is not such a crazy concept.

FamilleDF, Aug 11, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

Multiple Desktops using Edge Windows 10

You're not doing anything wrong, really, you just have to do it differently. Here's an easy way:

Firstly, if you are going to use Virtual Desktops a lot, open a few at every Start Up by holding Ctrl + *Start and pressing D for as many as you wish.

Then, open all your Favorites in tabs, then grab and drag the individual tabs right off of the tab bar and drop them anywhere, they will open in new windows.

Then click on the 'Taskview' button and drag and drop the individual windows onto individual Desktops:

Multiple Desktops using Edge Windows 10 [​IMG]

To quickly navigate from Desktop to Desktop, hold Ctrl + *Start and press left or right arrows, (the ones in between the alpha keypad and the numeric keypad)

FYI:
    Ctrl + *Start + D = add a desktop,
    Ctrl + *Start + F4 = deletes a desktop (beginning with the last one opened, any open windows there will be moved to an open Desktop),
    Ctrl + *Start + Left or Right Arrows = navigate between Desktops

Edwin, Aug 12, 2015
Thema:

Multiple Desktops using Edge Windows 10

1. Multiple Desktops using Edge Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Multiple Desktops using

2. Windows 10 multiple desktops – useless?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 multiple desktops – useless?: Hi, I’ve been using Windows 10 now for a while and asking myself if it would be worth using the virtual desktops/workspaces feature. ([WIN] + [TAB]) I’m thinking of using it for different tasks at work. First desktop work with my IDE and working on code: using the IDE, the...
  3. Multiple Desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple Desktops: I have been researching the multiple desktop feature for windows 10 and all the options I could find needed a + button when opening the task view, however on my laptop i don't have a + option when I open the task view. I was wonder if I had missed a setting or if there is...
  4. Unable to use multiple monitors on Windows 10 Enterprise Remote Desktop

Unable to use multiple monitors on Windows 10 Enterprise Remote Desktop: Hello, Going to be straightforward in hopes that I can get this solved. I very much need two monitors running the same RDP session to do my job. This is a company laptop and company remote desktop. 1. Host laptop is Windows 10 Enterprise. 2. Remote desktop is Windows 7...
  5. multiple desktops

multiple desktops: How do I show the taskbar only on the desktop I'm using. The settings in settings don't work. The taskbar shows on all desktops even if I select only the one I'm using. If I change the taskbar, it changes and shows on all desktops....
  6. Windows 10 - Multiple Desktops

Windows 10 - Multiple Desktops: Background Info: In Windows 10, one can setup multiple desktops available via Win + Tab followed by Add New Desktop. Applications or individual windows in the same application can be moved from one desktop to the other perfectly fine. Question(s): 1. If I have any...
  7. Multiple Desktops

Multiple Desktops: I have a lot of shortcut Icons on my Win 10 laptop desktop (over 60) and would like to be able to sort them into two groups of related applications, and place them on two different desktop displays, which I could switch between by using say a combination of keyboard...
  8. Multiple Desktops

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple Desktops: In build 10041, there has been a change to only display the active running programs icons in the taskbar for the current open Desktop. (See Insider Hub "New features in Build 10041") If you have multiple desktops running and would like to see ALL running programs on the...
  9. multiple desktops

in Windows 10 Support
    multiple desktops: anyone else seeing this issue on 10130? 1. Open two desktops 2. Open edge on desktop 1 3. Go to desktop 2, and open edge 4. It will take you to the open instance on desktop 1 and 1. open two desktops 2. open 3 or 4 apps on desktop 1 3. open some apps on desktop 2...
  10. Multiple desktops

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple desktops: Just found the new feature (for windows anyway) of multiple desktops. This I like a lot, makes multitasking that much more easier :-) Does anyone know if there are, and if so, what are the keyboard controls? do I have to use the task bar button to create a new desktop, and...