Windows 10: Multiple Desktops

Discus and support Multiple Desktops in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In build 10041, there has been a change to only display the active running programs icons in the taskbar for the current open Desktop. (See Insider Hub... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by f14tomcat, Mar 28, 2015.

1. f14tomcat Win User

Multiple Desktops

In build 10041, there has been a change to only display the active running programs icons in the taskbar for the current open Desktop. (See Insider Hub "New features in Build 10041") If you have multiple desktops running and would like to see ALL running programs on the taskbar, not just the current desktop, do the following.

Go to settings, system, multitasking, and change the option in the image below. You will see all running programs from all open desktops, and can click on each to toggle to that desktop.

Taskbar - Show Windows Open on Desktops in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Multiple Desktops [​IMG]

:)

f14tomcat, Mar 28, 2015

2. Multiple Desktops on Multiple Monitors

<confusion>

zachd [MSFT], Mar 28, 2015
  3. d0gknees Win User
    Multiple Desktops on Multiple Monitors

Thanks for responding. In the past when I got a new version of Windows, the first thing I would do is go through all the control panel items, look into every dialog, More>> button, "Advanced..." button an so on looking for new and different features that
    will enable me to do more. Having done it once for the new OS, I don't need to go looking again, because I've checked everything. Now, it's like we're supposed to check everything every time there's an update because there's not even a (complete) list of changes
    to check.

d0gknees, Mar 28, 2015
  4. Multiple Desktops

Some people may like that setup (but I don't).

I have VirtuaWin +KvasDos Pager installed in W7.
    It is similar to the virtual desktops setup in some Linux Distros.
    It provides a visual indication of what is on each desktop using a toolbar on the Taskbar:

Multiple Desktops [​IMG]

You can also drag programs to other desktops using the toolbar display.
    Keyboard shortcuts can be used to move an active program window to another desktop too.

One of the reasons I installed it was to reduce Taskbar clutter when lots of programs are open.

MS should add something similar to Virtual Desktops in W10 (i.e. an always visible indicator showing your overall setup).
    It should have an option to turn it on/off.

lehnerus2000, Mar 28, 2015
Thema:

Multiple Desktops

1. Multiple Desktops - Similar Threads - Multiple Desktops

2. Can I permanently save my multiple desktops?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I permanently save my multiple desktops?: Is there a way to keep multiple desktops active even after shut down or restarting my computer. It seems like the multiple desktop feature only works if your computer will be on sleep mode but if you restart or shutdown, all your windows are put back into a single...
  3. Can I permanently save my multiple desktops?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I permanently save my multiple desktops?: Is there a way to keep multiple desktops active even after shut down or restarting my computer. It seems like the multiple desktop feature only works if your computer will be on sleep mode but if you restart or shutdown, all your windows are put back into a single...
  4. Syncing Multiple Desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Syncing Multiple Desktops: Hi!I thought I remembered during the launch of Win11, they mentioned the multiple desktops would now be sync-able across PCs. Is this accurate? If so, how can I enable this, so that the multiple desktops on my laptop sync with my desktop? And further, is there a third-party...
  5. Syncing Multiple Desktops

Syncing Multiple Desktops: Hi!I thought I remembered during the launch of Win11, they mentioned the multiple desktops would now be sync-able across PCs. Is this accurate? If so, how can I enable this, so that the multiple desktops on my laptop sync with my desktop? And further, is there a third-party...
  6. Desktop icons when signing into multiple domain joined computers with folder redirection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icons when signing into multiple domain joined computers with folder redirection: we have multiple computers joined to a windows server domain with desktop redirection setup. However, not every computer has the same software installed and although each person has their own dedicated computer to use sometimes they need to sign into another computer and if...
  7. Desktop icons when signing into multiple domain joined computers with folder redirection

Desktop icons when signing into multiple domain joined computers with folder redirection: we have multiple computers joined to a windows server domain with desktop redirection setup. However, not every computer has the same software installed and although each person has their own dedicated computer to use sometimes they need to sign into another computer and if...
  8. Multiple display of two desktop screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple display of two desktop screen: I have extended my screen into another screen and I am using two desktop in my laptop. How can I see one desktop screen in laptop and another desktop screen in another screen. At present I am only able to share one same desktop screen into another screen and whenever I change...
  9. Multiple display of two desktop screen

Multiple display of two desktop screen: I have extended my screen into another screen and I am using two desktop in my laptop. How can I see one desktop screen in laptop and another desktop screen in another screen. At present I am only able to share one same desktop screen into another screen and whenever I change...
  10. Remote Desktop v10.2.3012.0 does not have option to select multiple monitors

Remote Desktop v10.2.3012.0 does not have option to select multiple monitors: Does anyone know where I can find the settings to select multiple monitors? In previous versions, I could right-click the desktop, and the settings would appear. Now it just shows "Pin/Unpin from start" and "Start in this Window"v10v1.2 which shows the settings where I can...