Windows 10: Multiple Different BSODs

Discus and support Multiple Different BSODs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Was running clean since installing windows 10 this past summer. Recently within the last few weeks I experienced a few blue screens. After a system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mestern, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Mestern Win User

Multiple Different BSODs

Was running clean since installing windows 10 this past summer. Recently within the last few weeks I experienced a few blue screens. After a system restore I am still having issues. This DM log has the last five crashes I believe.

Any help is appreciated.

:)

Mestern, Feb 4, 2016

2. Multiple different BSODs

We are volunteers willing to help you try to resolve this issue. I am Rob, a 10 time and dual award MVP specializing in Windows troubleshooting and Bluescreen analysis.

Troubleshoot blue screen errors <-- read this link

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/t...

The Bug_Check were 1A (2), 0A, and 19.

Only one minidump had a clear cause and it was :

igdkmd64.sys dated 4/7/2017 Intel HD Graphics Driver.

1. Check with HP Support, their online documentation and drivers, and ask in their forums about any known issues. Update the BIOS, chipset drivers, and the major onboard and separate device drivers (especially the video - see driver update methods below).

HP Support/Troubleshooting & Drivers

HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support

Contact HP

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/contact_us....

HP Forums

Home - HP Support Forum

Intel Driver Update Utility <-- run this after checking with HP

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect?red...;

Intel Download Center

Drivers & Software

Intel - Support

Intel® Support

Intel - Community and Forums

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/blogs-co...

2. Run the memory tests (see methods below).

3. As needed use ALL the methods in the troubleshooters below.

4. After ALL the above if needed run DriverVerifier to see if it can indicate a CAUSE (see DriverVerifier methods below).

-----

Troubleshoot blue screen errors <-- read this link

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/t...

This utility makes it easy to see which versions are loaded : Run DriverView - set VIEW to Hide Microsoft drivers - update those without Dump in their names (and BIOS and chipset drivers).

DriverView - Free - utility displays the list of all device drivers currently loaded on your system. For each driver in the list, additional useful information is displayed: load address of the driver, description, version, product name, company that created
    the driver, and more.

DriverView: Loaded Windows Drivers List

For Drivers check System Maker as fallbacks and Device Maker's which are the most current. Right Click Start Button - Device Manager - Display Adapter - write down the make and complete model of your video adapter - double click - Driver's tab - write down
    the version info. Now click UPdate Driver (this may not do anything as MS is far behind certifying drivers) - then Right Click - Uninstall - REBOOT this will refresh the driver stack.

Repeat that for Network - Network Card (NIC), Wifi, Sound, Mouse and Keyboard if 3rd party with their own software and drivers and any other major device drivers you have.

Now go to System Maker's site (Dell, HP, Toshiba as examples) (as rollback) and then Device Maker's site (Realtek, Intel, Nvidia, ATI as examples) and get their latest versions. (Look for BIOS, Chipset, and software updates at System Maker's site while there.)

Download - SAVE - go to where you put them - Right Click - RUN AD ADMIN - REBOOT after each installation.

Always check in Device Manager - Drivers tab to be sure the version you are installing actually shows up. This is because some drivers rollback before the latest is installed (sound drivers particularly do this) so install a driver - reboot - check to be sure
    it is installed and repeat as needed.

Repeat at Device Makers - BTW at Device Makers DO NOT RUN THEIR SCANNER - check manually by model.

Manually look at manufacturer's sites for drivers - and Device Maker's sites.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/driverssupport/ht...

====================================================

Memory tests do not catch all errors such as mismatched memory (possible even for sticks that appear to be identical) and when faster memory is placed in the system behind slower memory. So it is best to also swap sticks in and out to check for those even if
    all memory tests fail to show a problem.

To test RAM check here - let it run 4+ hours or so. <-- best method

www.memtest.org

MemTestX86 - Test RAM With

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/14201-memtes...

For the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool.

Type in Cortana's search box -> Windows Memory Diagnostics

at top of list - click it. in Windows 8/8.1/10 the name is "Windows Memory

Diagnostic".

================================================

After doing ALL the updates you can, and if the issue continues, then run

DriverVerifier.

Driver Verifier can help find some BSOD issues :

Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Windows drivers for advanced users

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/244617

How To Troubleshoot Driver Problems in Windows Vista or 7. (8/8.1 and 10 are essentially the same).

Driver Verifier Manager & Device Manager in Windows

Using Driver Verifier

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/window...

WINKEY + X - RUN - type in -> verifier /reset hit enter to disable

If DriverVerifier creates a minidump upload it and post the link here so we can analyze it.

Please let us know the results and if you need further assistance.

SpiritX MS MVP, Feb 4, 2016
  3. lucaszamprogno, Feb 4, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Multiple Different BSODs

Multiple Different BSODs [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    System File Check
    Please try following:
    • Open an admin command prompt
    • Copy/paste "sfc/scannow" (without quotes) and press enter
    • When it finished reboot your system
    • Open again an admin command prompt
    • Enter sfc/scannow again
    If sfc/scannow says "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them" after the second SFC, please upload the cbs.log file located at {windows partition}\Windows\Logs\CBS\, if the file is too large try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc.
    System File Check(SFC a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) needs to have your system rebooted in order for sfc to try to fix the problems that it finds.

Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

The Intel network drivers have been flagged but I believe it is due to memory corruption
    Code: ffffd001`135cd428 fffff800`eb13b6dbUnable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\e1i63x64.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for e1i63x64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for e1i63x64.sys e1i63x64+0x1b6db 2: kd> lmvm e1i63x64 start end module name fffff801`6cca0000 fffff801`6cd19000 e1i63x64 (deferred) Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\e1i63x64.sys Image name: e1i63x64.sys Timestamp: Thu Mar 26 21:24:57 2015 (55146B19) CheckSum: 0007CBC7 ImageSize: 00079000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

axe0, Feb 4, 2016
  5. Mestern Win User
    Axe,

So far I have attempted the System File Check 3 times and have been unable to complete without hitting a bsod/error. I have rerun the dump collector and attached with the new crashes.

I will continue to attempt to complete an SFC. Please let me know if you have other advice.

Thanks.

Mestern, Feb 4, 2016
  6. Mestern Win User
    Update: Twice more with two more bsods. All have been a variety of errors, from memory_management, cache_management, bad_pool_header etc.

Mestern, Feb 4, 2016
  7. axe0 New Member
    Please call me *Smile
    I understand people are using shortcuts for names, but I have never liked that (although I sometimes have used it myself).
    Please note that this is only a request, you don't have to do so but I would appreciate it.

Please try booting in safe mode and see if you can run the sfc scan, but start with MemTest86+.

If MemTest86+ and SFC return no problems, then we are dealing with a driver which can be caught with driver verifier (instructions later)
    If MemTest86+ returns even a single error, stop it and run it on each stick in each slot without the other stick in other slots and switch after the first stick is done with testing in the slots.

If in safe mode the system crashes then it is a hardware error, diagnoses instructions also later.

axe0, Feb 4, 2016
  8. Mestern Win User

Multiple Different BSODs

Thank you axe0, I will attempt this and get back to you.

-

Mestern, Feb 4, 2016
  9. Mestern Win User
    axe0,

I do not have a USB drive handy to execute the memtest at this time. I will run out to the store shortly if necessary.

However I just attempted to do a sfc in safe mode. My first attempt got to 96% in the verification phase and then returned "resource protection could not complete this operation". My second attempt in safe mode almost instantly triggered a bsod.

Should I grab supplies to attempt the memtest?

-

Mestern, Feb 4, 2016
  10. axe0 New Member
  11. Mestern Win User
    axe0,

I attempted the DISM Repair running windows normally and ran into a bsod. I then attempted the same thing in safe mode (twice). Both times it seemed to fail but did not bsod. I have attached the DISM log. I do not think this is completing successfully.

-

Mestern, Feb 4, 2016
  12. Mestern Win User
    Attaching the latest DISM Log and DM Collection. I can't seem to make any progress in any direction without running into problems.

A ScanHealth in safe mode returned 'The manifest file contains one or more syntax errors'. However it will not successfully complete a RestoreHealth.

Please advise!

-

Mestern, Feb 4, 2016
  13. axe0 New Member

Multiple Different BSODs

It looks like the system corruption of dism and sfc goes well beyond my expertise (which isn't much at all!)

3 things I recommend to do in order
    1. Run MemTest86+
    2. Run an in-place upgrade, tutorial: Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums
    3. Update the BIOS, P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 | Motherboards | ASUS Global

If MemTest86+ detects any errors then an in-place upgrade could be interrupted due to faulty memory or slots what could cause a more unstable system which is why MemTest86+ currently has priority
    If the memory test gives zero errors, an in-place upgrade should resolve the system corruption, or at least lessen it a lot where dism and sfc should then be able to completely remove the corruption.

Your BIOS dates 2012, updating could improve the system stability.

Thema:

Multiple Different BSODs

1. Multiple Different BSODs - Similar Threads - Multiple Different BSODs

2. Multiple BSOD with different codes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple BSOD with different codes: Hi,My PC will BSOD randomly during usage, this has been happening for a while. Previously, I was told to test ram - I have done so and it didn't stop the BSOD from occurring even going so far as trying new ram sticks, using only 1 stick in different channels, etc.. I am...
  3. Multiple BSOD with different codes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple BSOD with different codes: Hi,My PC will BSOD randomly during usage, this has been happening for a while. Previously, I was told to test ram - I have done so and it didn't stop the BSOD from occurring even going so far as trying new ram sticks, using only 1 stick in different channels, etc.. I am...
  4. Multiple BSOD of different bugchecks

Multiple BSOD of different bugchecks: I have had multiple issues where my computer has blue screened, I’ve done a fresh install of windows even and I keep getting BSOD where “Driver IRQL is less or not equal” or “IRQL less or not equal” could this be a hardware issue? It’s to the point where it resets while in...
  5. Multiple BSOD different errors

Multiple BSOD different errors: I keep getting multiple Blue Screen of Deaths with alot of different errors. Though I get the following one fairly frequently, maybe 1 in 5. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Is anyone able to take a look at my files below: Minidump files System Information msinfo32 Desktop...
  6. Multiple different BSOD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple different BSOD: Hello, So I'm encountering a lot of blue screens, often with different reasons. How it cam to this: A few weeks ago my PC turned very slow, malewarbytes discovered some malware, but the pc stayed slow. Later I found out, that the watercooler wasn't working properly.. I...
  7. Multiple Different BSOD’s Daily

Multiple Different BSOD’s Daily: Hey guys so to start at the beginning, i bought a legit usb windows 10 key and a brand new m.2 drive for my OS. I installed windows successfully, i installed my chipset drivers, my graphics drivers, my motherboards utilities and such all on a brand new OS and drive. Well now...
  8. Multiple different BSOD

Multiple different BSOD: Hi, really hope someone can be my hero here. Have a new build PC, worked fine for a month, then constant BSOD, with all kinds of different error messages, including: IRQL not less or equal Driver overran stack buffer Kernel auto boost lock acquisition with raised irql kernel...
  9. Multiple different BSODs

Multiple different BSODs: Hello, I have had this self built desktop for about half a year so far and I am running dual monitors off the NVIDIA GeForce 1050 TI graphics card. The issue is only occurring when I am running youtube on one monitor and playing a game on the other monitor (runescape). I have...
  10. Multiple BSOD with different Errors

Multiple BSOD with different Errors: Hello everyone I've been experiencing multiple BSOD Errors in the last few month. BSOD Errors I'm getting: - Kernel Security Check Failure - Driver irql not less or equal - Driver corrupted expool I have tried reinstalling Windows 10 from scratch to no avail. The...