Windows 10: Multiple display selection not present

Discus and support Multiple display selection not present in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Went from upgrade 10130 with both monitors in extended mode to a clean install of 10130. Multiple display selection is not present. Both monitors are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by meebers, May 30, 2015.

1. meebers Win User

Multiple display selection not present

Went from upgrade 10130 with both monitors in extended mode to a clean install of 10130. Multiple display selection is not present. Both monitors are in Mirror mode at the present. (both showing the same thing). Connected devices only show 1 monitor. Graphics is on the Mother board. (I run W8.1 on same machine without any display issue.)

:)

meebers, May 30, 2015
  2. Ar Rom Win User

Need to reset what "Display Settings" does when I plug in a second monitor

In that case, try changing the Multiple displays option to Duplicate displays. Right-click on desktop then select display settings. Click advanced display settings and select the main monitor. On the drop down menu of "Multiple displays", select Duplicate
    displays then click apply.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Ar Rom, May 30, 2015
  3. Multiple Display Size for "Select and Rearrange Displays"

That's because the displays are different densities (number of pixels-per-square-inch, also known as DPI or Dots Per Inch). Even though the monitor is physically smaller in real life, it has many more dots, and thus it appears larger in the preview graphic.

There is absolutely nothing you can do about it, you just have to drag the two monitor representations around with that understanding in mind. you can still make the monitors "touch" in different spots, but the pixel dots have to line up.

See DPI Scaling in HD Multi-Monitor Configurations for details about how to do this, including
    a video that demonstrates it towards the bottom of the page.

Okay maybe there is one thing you could do about it: buy monitors that all have the exact same number of dots-per-inch, and then you'll never have this issue.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], May 30, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

topgundcp, May 30, 2015
  5. meebers Win User
    meebers, May 30, 2015
  6. topgundcp Win User
    topgundcp, May 30, 2015
  7. meebers Win User
    Would anybody venture to guess as to whether this is a BIOS, PNP or W10 problem? If I just connect one at a time, W10 will recognize the monitor by name and model number just not both.

The last update had a AMD 3000 driver update, this solved the problem.

meebers, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Multiple display selection not present - Similar Threads - Multiple display selection

2. select multiple files without losing selections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    select multiple files without losing selections: How do you select multiple files in file explorer and then ensure none of those files are deselected.\I have a ton of PDF files really books I have downloaded.Now I am trying to organize them into folders.All intermixed have files about God, investing, supply chain...
  3. select multiple files without losing selections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    select multiple files without losing selections: How do you select multiple files in file explorer and then ensure none of those files are deselected.\I have a ton of PDF files really books I have downloaded.Now I am trying to organize them into folders.All intermixed have files about God, investing, supply chain...
  4. select multiple files without losing selections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Select multiple files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Select multiple files: Selecting multiple files using control key has stopped. What has happened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/select-multiple-files/6d74d5ba-2fb5-4c21-bd6c-56cf151b442f
  6. Mouse selecting multiples

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse selecting multiples: Hi all. I have an issue where when moving my mouse it sometimes selects areas of the screen by itself, simply when moving the mouse over the area. This can be very frustrating as on occasions it results in something being selected that is not intentional. I have done a number...
  7. Mouse selects multiple

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse selects multiple: Hi all. I have an issue where when moving my mouse it sometimes selects areas of the screen by itself, simply when moving the mouse over the area. This can be very frustrating as on occasions it results in something being selected that is not intentional. I have done a number...
  8. Exhibition auto display of presentations selected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Exhibition auto display of presentations selected: Not a very good question title - sorry! We have a number of static history displays in the local Priory which gets a lot of visitors. To augment this I want to set up a number of Powerpoint presentations about different historical aspects. That much is easy. The problem is...
  9. Multiple displays

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple displays: Windows 10 Multiple displays 'Detect' is not picking up my second monitor (as below) and I don't have a wireless display. In addition, when I select 'extend' nothing happens so I'm hoping someone can help me resolve this (the cable is a VGA connection)....
  10. Multiple Selection -> Open With?

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple Selection -> Open With?: Let's say I want to multiple files at once with a specific app. I selected multiple files, and then right click. Where is the open with option? How can I fix this? 31640