Windows 10: multiple display -taskbar and icons

Discus and support multiple display -taskbar and icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is hopefully a quick fix. I have my laptop hooked up to a projector. My icons appear on the laptop but the taskbar options (volume, notifications,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimbabwe, Mar 20, 2017.

1. jimbabwe Win User

multiple display -taskbar and icons

This is hopefully a quick fix. I have my laptop hooked up to a projector. My icons appear on the laptop but the taskbar options (volume, notifications, battery etc) appear on the projector.
    Using the display settings I can swap the screens but I cannot get the icons to appear on the same screen as the taskbar options.
    I'm almost certain my IT guys are messing with me.

:)

jimbabwe, Mar 20, 2017

2. How to show video clips on my schools projector in extend mode?

Taskbar is now shown on all monitors by default. With multiple monitors attached, Windows 10 will draw the taskbar across each monitor. By default, all taskbar icons are displayed on the main monitor and a blank taskbar on the other monitors. To configure
    the taskbar for multiple monitors using Taskbar Properties:

Open Start > Settings > Personalization > Taskbar

Under Multiple display, toggle 'Show taskbar on all displays.

Andre Da Costa, Mar 20, 2017
  3. lacrumb Win User
    taskbar display

Go Settings, Personalization, Taskbar, Multiple Displays.

It may be due to the size of the icons and the size of the taskbar.

lacrumb, Mar 20, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Jim, *Smile

The system icons will show on the taskbar of the main display by default in Windows 10.

If you wanted each display to be "extended" to show separately, then you could either change which display is the main display, or unlock the taskbar and drag and drop the main taskbar with system icons to the display you want without it changing the main display.

Another option is to set your displays to "duplicate" (Settings -> System -> Display) to have both show the same thing.

Brink, Mar 20, 2017
Thema:

1. multiple display -taskbar and icons - Similar Threads - multiple display taskbar

2. taskbar icons disappear when i'm on multiple displays.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar icons disappear when i'm on multiple displays.: I can only see half of the icons and half of them are missing on my main monitorlaptop but when I open from secondary monitor, I can see those missing icons back on my screen. Is this a bug?...
  3. taskbar icons disappear when i'm on multiple displays.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    taskbar icons disappear when i'm on multiple displays.: I can only see half of the icons and half of them are missing on my main monitorlaptop but when I open from secondary monitor, I can see those missing icons back on my screen. Is this a bug?...
  4. show language icon on taskbar on all displays under “Multiple displays

in Windows 10 Customization
    show language icon on taskbar on all displays under “Multiple displays: Hi I have windows 10 and using two display screens.Although in the setting, I have on the taskbar "show all displays", still for some reason, the language icon of the taskbar, is shown only on one screen and not on the second screen. How can I fix this? Thanks in advance....
  5. show language icon on taskbar on all displays under “Multiple displays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    show language icon on taskbar on all displays under “Multiple displays: Hi I have windows 10 and using two display screens.Although in the setting, I have on the taskbar "show all displays", still for some reason, the language icon of the taskbar, is shown only on one screen and not on the second screen. How can I fix this? Thanks in advance....
  6. show language icon on taskbar on all displays under “Multiple displays

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Multiple Display Taskbar

Multiple Display Taskbar: I have this problem where it won't let me turn on taskbar for multiple displays, I have searched for a way to fix this, but I have not found anything. I have also tried using display fusion, but you need to pay for pro to get the multiple monitor taskbar....
  8. Taskbars on Multiple Displays

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbars on Multiple Displays: One thing that has always annoyed me with Windows 10 is the way that if you have two or more displays, the taskbar on the secondary displays is not the same as the primary display. On secondary displays you are not allowed to add Toolbars to the taskbar. This is a real pain...
  9. taskbars on multiple displays

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    taskbars on multiple displays: i just decided to hook up my old 4:3 display up to my laptop and since i decided to line them up better by putting the 4:3 above the original display and my setup is jank as hell so i can't raise it higher, the taskbar is blocked by the bottom display, so i was wondering if...
  10. Taskbar and multiple displays.

Taskbar and multiple displays.: I have three monitors and I have no problem duplicating the main taskbar on all of them. The problem is, I am using the "quick launch" toolbar. Unfortunately, it does not appear on secondary monitors and there is no option to add a toolbar. The popup menu is not the same and...