Windows 10: Multiple displays "Show only on 2" not working (at times)

Discus and support Multiple displays "Show only on 2" not working (at times) in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I'm using my Dell Inspiron 64 bit laptop as a base station mostly, except when I go out of town. That's when I lug it with me. Attached is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Fatfreek, May 11, 2016.

1. Fatfreek Win User

Multiple displays "Show only on 2" not working (at times)

I'm using my Dell Inspiron 64 bit laptop as a base station mostly, except when I go out of town. That's when I lug it with me.

Attached is a ViewSonic display, and a Microsoft "natural" keyboard.

Yes, I'd like the large display to be my main (and only) one but on occasion the boot up stays with the laptop display. I then go to settings and do the "show only on 2" setting -- and things stay that way. Perhaps a half dozen boots -- then it reverts to where I have to the settings ritual.

Len

:)

Fatfreek, May 11, 2016
  2. grschinon Win User

Enter on keypad " no. + # "

petrib is correct. It is a shortcut to SIM numbers.

Numbers on your SIM might not be in the position you think. Just because they appear sorted in alphabetical order in the contacts list doesn't mean that they appear in that same order on the SIM. On the SIM they appear in the order in which you input them,
    unless you delete a number in which case the next one entered takes its place.

grschinon, May 11, 2016
  3. hahakak Win User
    Enter on keypad " no. + # "

Hello guys :smileyhappy:

There's something make me crazy :s
    When I click a certain number on keypad on any NOKIA mobile
    Then click the symbol " # ", then a number of
    a contact "in my contact list" will be appeared.
    Is there anyone know how is that???
    I feel curious toward this puzzle :smileyvery-happy:
    OK., if anyone know about this topic, please tell me :smileysad:
    Anyway thanks :smileywink:

hahakak, May 11, 2016
  4. Multiple displays "Show only on 2" not working (at times)

If it doesn't detect it, it will default back to the laptop display. My guess is every once in a while its not detected quick enough. Make sure its on before you boot up your laptop.

alphanumeric, May 11, 2016
  5. Fatfreek Win User
    My monitor is always ON as I never turn it off. Perhaps the detection timing window has a small time interval that my USB connection finds it difficult to satisfy.

Len

Fatfreek, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Multiple displays "Show only on 2" not working (at times)

1. Multiple displays "Show only on 2" not working (at times) - Similar Threads - Multiple displays Show

2. How to change show only display 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change show only display 2: I had two moniters in which one i had not used and wanted to use it with my main computer so i bought a vga cable and connected it in the begening it was ok because it was on default extend these display . Next day i set it on only show display 2 and turned off my main...
  3. Slideshow not working and display only shows 2nd some of the time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slideshow not working and display only shows 2nd some of the time: Just today, I found out that the Lock Screen slideshow isn't working.I thought that it was the Power Setting, since I altered my 'Turn off the display' and 'Put the computer to sleep' timing about 4 days ago, though remembered that the slideshow was working for that...
  4. Slideshow not working and display only shows 2nd some of the time

Slideshow not working and display only shows 2nd some of the time: Just today, I found out that the Lock Screen slideshow isn't working.I thought that it was the Power Setting, since I altered my 'Turn off the display' and 'Put the computer to sleep' timing about 4 days ago, though remembered that the slideshow was working for that...
  5. Slideshow not working and display only shows 2nd some of the time

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Show only on .. not showing in Multiple displays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Show only on .. not showing in Multiple displays: As shown below, I'm missing the Show only on [Display number] option in the Multiple displays setting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/show-only-on-not-showing-in-multiple-displays/b9ee1026-b13e-4024-b5e9-37bc7ef16d7e
  7. Show only on .. not showing in Multiple displays

Show only on .. not showing in Multiple displays: As shown below, I'm missing the Show only on [Display number] option in the Multiple displays setting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/show-only-on-not-showing-in-multiple-displays/b9ee1026-b13e-4024-b5e9-37bc7ef16d7e
  8. Show only on .. not showing in Multiple displays

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Show only on display 2 does not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Show only on display 2 does not work: I have a Surface book pro 2 with windows 10 and whenever I want my desktop to only show up on my main display at home (a LG extra wide screen) it goes all black. I have tried both a usb-c to hdmi and a usb-c to displayport connector with the same results. I have used the...
  10. Display won't 'Show only on 2'

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display won't 'Show only on 2': Hi, tldr; The new WQHD (3440 x 1440) monitor I bought yesterday isn't projecting its resolution from my laptop properly. ----- The laptop spec's : Asus ROG STRIX GL702VM-DB74 w/ Core i7-6700HQ, 16GB, 256GB SSD + 1TB, 17.3in FHD, GTX 1060, Win 10 at Memory Express The...