Windows 10: Multiple (duplicate) printers listed in "Devices and Printers"

Discus and support Multiple (duplicate) printers listed in "Devices and Printers" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In "Devices and Printers," I have ended up with multiples with the same name. How do I delete the duplicates from the dropdown list? Thank you. 112317 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nisko, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Nisko Win User

Multiple (duplicate) printers listed in "Devices and Printers"

In "Devices and Printers," I have ended up with multiples with the same name. How do I delete the duplicates from the dropdown list? Thank you.

:)

Nisko, Jun 15, 2018
  2. keakar Win User

Printer advice

hp printers have the most expensive ink of all printers, the most economical is cannon and epson so i suggest if you looking to keep costs down look at those brands.

that being said it may not have the best print quality if it uses less costly ink.

if keeping cost down is the most important then shop in reverse, find a brand that has cheap replacement ink cartridges then see what printers they are used on. then from that list look to see if you like any of those printers and if they are affordable to you, if not then select another ink cartridge and look at the printers that those are used on. this method will give you the most affordable printer and the cheapest cost of replacement ink.

personally i use the refillable ink cartridges like these: http://www.inkproducts.com/ink-store/catalog/Our-Epson-Refill-Kits-orderby0-p-1-c-4.html

keakar, Jun 15, 2018
  3. Printer

Hi Brenda,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I suggest you to use these steps and check:

• Press Windows/Start key.
    • Type Devices and Printers and then tap or click Devices and Printers.
    • Press and hold or right-click the printer you want to use, and then tap or click
      Set as default printer.
    Let us know if you need more information and we'll be glad to assist.

Navneet Anand, Jun 15, 2018
  4. Rene tb Win User

Printer listed as device and not as a printer. Cannot print

I am not able to print. If I go to Word or any other application my printer is not listed. If I go to settings I see my printer listed as a printer. When I go to > hardware and printers, then my printer is listed as a
    device and not as a printer. This is probably the reason why it is not listed in applications like Word. How can this problem be fixed? I run a business and need to print!

Rene

Multiple (duplicate) printers listed in "Devices and Printers" e02dba7e-4c1e-4c2e-af7d-c7a36e19b216.png

Rene tb, Jun 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Multiple (duplicate) printers listed in "Devices and Printers" - Similar Threads - Multiple duplicate printers

2. 100s of Duplicates in Devices and Printers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100s of Duplicates in Devices and Printers: I have many duplicate entries showing in Devices and PrintersThese are predominantly LED TVs i continually dlete these though the keep coming back, I now have 100s of the same device, only one of which is not greyed out.it would not be so bad if they did not have to be...
  3. 100s of Duplicates in Devices and Printers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100s of Duplicates in Devices and Printers: I have many duplicate entries showing in Devices and PrintersThese are predominantly LED TVs i continually dlete these though the keep coming back, I now have 100s of the same device, only one of which is not greyed out.it would not be so bad if they did not have to be...
  4. 100s of Duplicates in Devices and Printers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Duplicated printers

Duplicated printers: Hello, we have installed Windows Server 2012 R2 with print server. We have 12 printers. Workstations have installed Windows 10 Pro. Each user have install some printers using GPO. Everything was OK last three years. we have this problem last month...users see every printers...
  6. Printer Duplicated

Printer Duplicated: I'm running Windows 10 Home 20H2, (but also before that update) on my new HP laptop and in the process of installing my Hp LaserJet P1606dn, my system recorded two copies of it's existence... and neither of them work consistently... It appears as if printmanagement.msc does...
  7. multiple printers listed

multiple printers listed: Hi, how do I remove multiple listing of the same printer from windows 10? it only shows up on my Mail App and properties of the Printer. thankx. [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  8. Printer listed as Unspecified device

Printer listed as Unspecified device: I have a Pantum P2500W printer that has been connected to this computer before. Now when I try to reconnect, it shows up as an Unspecified device rather than a Printer. How do I get the computer to recognize it as a printer so I can print from it?...
  9. Multiple Duplicates in Devices and Printers

Multiple Duplicates in Devices and Printers: In Devices and Printers and under Multimedia Devices, there are multiple icons for multimedia devices. I deleted the excess copies once and left one of each there and they all came back. Any idea on how to stop this behavior? [img] 131583
  10. "Devices and Printers" Multiple (same) printers listed

"Devices and Printers" Multiple (same) printers listed: In "Devices and Printers," I have ended up with multiples with the same name. How do I delete the duplicates from the dropdown list? Thank you. 112317

Users found this page by searching for:

1. multiople copies of the same printer windows 10

2. multiple entries of printer in devices and printer

3. duplicate printers network windows 10