Windows 10: Multiple error messages in Event Viewer

Discus and support Multiple error messages in Event Viewer in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I fnd that I have the same error message appearing at about 10 second intervals (on one occasion over 21000 were logged). Details below: Log Name:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by spriggs, Jan 21, 2016.

1. spriggs Win User

Multiple error messages in Event Viewer

I fnd that I have the same error message appearing at about 10 second intervals (on one occasion over 21000 were logged). Details below:

Log Name: Application
    Source: ESENT
    Date: 22/01/2016 15:32:30
    Event ID: 490
    Task Category: (1)
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: TOWER2
    Description:
    svchost (1136) SRUJet: An attempt to open the file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\SRU\SRUDB.dat" for read / write access failed with system error 32 (0x00000020): "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. ". The open file operation will fail with error -1032 (0xfffffbf8).
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="ESENT" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">490</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>1</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-01-22T15:32:30.048959500Z" />
    <EventRecordID>31418</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>TOWER2</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data>svchost</Data>
    <Data>1136</Data>
    <Data>SRUJet: </Data>
    <Data>C:\WINDOWS\system32\SRU\SRUDB.dat</Data>
    <Data>-1032 (0xfffffbf8)</Data>
    <Data>32 (0x00000020)</Data>
    <Data>The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. </Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

:)

spriggs, Jan 21, 2016

2. Multiple Event Viewer errors

In that case I'd do the Clean Install which should get you past all difficulties as it has hundreds of thousands of others who have followed the steps in this link and never come back to report another problem:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

If you want to try to troubleshoot Blue Screen crashes enable and collect the crash report so we can analyze them for you:

You can also run the Blue Screen troubleshooter at Settings>Update & Security>Troubleshooters.

Go over this checklist to make sure the install is set up correctly, optimized for best performance, and any needed repairs get done:

But you'd likely save time by doing the Clean install since you have the bootable media already, and no one who follows the exact steps in the link at top has come back to report any problems.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and let us know how it goes. I will keep working with you until it's resolved.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jan 21, 2016
  3. Andre Da Costa, Jan 21, 2016
  4. Private Win User

Stopping the DPS and see if it'll reproduced.

Win + R, type in -> services.msc <- hit Enter. Scroll down and double click on Diagnostic Policy Service, click the stop button.

Private, Jan 21, 2016
  5. I recently had an unexpected system crash forcing a full disk restore. Upon completion I started getting a lot of errors regarding permissions to access applications and files. The SRUJet failure to open SRU.log was one of the most prevalent.

Rather than stop or disable anything, my solution was to grant the requested permissions to these applications and services. To do so, right-click the offending folder (in this case C:\Windows\System32\sru) and select Properties->Security->Advanced->Change Permissions->Add. At the top of the menu, click Principal and in the resulting entry box type "Everyone" then click OK. Now select the new entry "Everyone" and click the required permission boxes (Control, Write, etc.) according to the message.

Hope this helps!

DaveInAustinTx, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Multiple error messages in Event Viewer - Similar Threads - Multiple error messages

2. Event viewer message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event viewer message: Can anybody please explain this message.Is it important, and if so, how to fix?Message appears every day. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-viewer-message/0df78dd4-7476-42dd-81aa-9a9e8e46ed69
  3. Event viewer message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event viewer message: Can anybody please explain this message.Is it important, and if so, how to fix?Message appears every day. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-viewer-message/0df78dd4-7476-42dd-81aa-9a9e8e46ed69
  4. Event viewer message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Multiple Event ID 4624 in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple Event ID 4624 in Event Viewer: Hi guys. Lets say I went out and left my laptop at home. When I come back I notice many "Audit Success" logs with ID 4624 in the Event Viewer during the time I was out. Is this something I should be concerned about and that someone has been trying to access my laptop? Thanks!...
  6. Event viewer error message

Event viewer error message: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001a 0x0000000000006000, 0xffff800fdf8c68e0, 0xffffffffc0000225, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: aa93d767-cdf9-4308-8724-20e4c099006c. Help, my computer has been...
  7. Multiple System errors in the event viewer

Multiple System errors in the event viewer: I have an HP Pavilion Laptop. I usually use it for schoolwork and mild gaming. Since schools are closed because of the coronavirus outbreak I only use it for entertainment I mainly play league of legends, watch movies and listen to music The problem kicked in two weeks ago...
  8. ESENT Messages in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Support
    ESENT Messages in Event Viewer: A week ago I saw some ESENT messages in Event Viewer. I don't have a clue what this stuff is about so I gave up on it and hoped it wouldn't be a problem. Today there are more messages, and the more I clicked around in Event Viewer the more messages were created. If all else...
  9. Multiple DCOM errors in the event viewer

Multiple DCOM errors in the event viewer: hi! I have tried to assign all the permissions as I read online and I still couldn't fix the DCOM errors which is making my machine reboot multiple times everyday. I am also attaching the log from event viewer below. Please help! this is extremely irritating. Log Name:...
  10. Multiple Application Errors (Event 1000) in Event Viewer

Multiple Application Errors (Event 1000) in Event Viewer: Hi. I have noticed that during the long duration my PC is on (18 hours), several apps keep getting crash. Even after I restart these apps, they will eventually crash. PC is still functioning. The apps that are crashing are: Asus AI Suite 2 (I use it for fan control)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. multiple disk errors in event viewer

2. An attempt to write to the file C:\Windows\system32\SRU\SRUDB.dat

3. how to seperate multiple error message from bunch of error message in one block in selenium