Windows 10: Multiple freezes and crashes - no real trigger

Discus and support Multiple freezes and crashes - no real trigger in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello My PC has recently started to freeze and reboot itsself randomly, I can't figure out what is causing the issue since there are no error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by keynun, Jan 7, 2016.

1. keynun Win User

Multiple freezes and crashes - no real trigger

Hello

My PC has recently started to freeze and reboot itsself randomly, I can't figure out what is causing the issue since there are no error messages etc after.

I have uploaded the diagnostics dump files

:)

keynun, Jan 7, 2016
  2. AnaVoinea Win User

Lumia 950 keeps crashing

Battery connection is a source of problem, i have same problem, i put 2
    pieces paper 1 under battery and 1 in front battery, and then after
    more time spent on phone, NO CRASH, NO RESTART, NO FREEZING.

Battery at higher load,
    terminals not well connected,
    triggers a small current interruption, that make crash, restart or freezing.

AnaVoinea, Jan 7, 2016
  3. windows 10 screen freeze

Hi Bob,

Windows freezes and hangs could be triggered due to different reasons, one of which is due to background programs running while the PC is turned on. To resolve your concern, please provide the following information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to the issue?
    • When the device freezes with those program, does the program crash then hangs, or it just gets stuck on the display?

Regards.

Arthur Rui, Jan 7, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

There is too much delay between data, the errors occur at the northbridge.
    Please check your motherboard manufacturer for updates to start with, driver and BIOS updates.
    Code: =============================================================================== Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Descriptor @ ffffe001cefbf148 Section @ ffffe001cefbf2d0 Offset : 664 Length : 264 Flags : 0x00000000 Severity : Fatal Error : BUSLG_GENERIC_ERR_*_TIMEOUT_ERR (Proc 0 Bank 4) Status : 0xfe00000000070f0f Address : 0x00000000feaffdb8 Misc. : 0xc00a0fff01000000[/quote] Code: Event[8943]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger Date: 2016-01-04T21:08:58.589 Event ID: 20 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-19 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE Computer: Keynun-PC Description: A fatal hardware error has occurred. Component: AMD Northbridge Error Source: Machine Check Exception Error Type: HyperTransport Watchdog Timeout Error Processor APIC ID: 0 The details view of this entry contains further information.[/quote] Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

Multiple freezes and crashes - no real trigger [​IMG]

Multiple freezes and crashes - no real trigger [​IMG]

axe0, Jan 7, 2016
  5. keynun Win User
    I have updated my system details.

So if updating drivers/ bios does not solve the issue, is it safe to assume the motherboard is at fault?

keynun, Jan 7, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    Not exactly, the northbridge is the last part of the chipset the data goes through before it is being passed to the CPU.
    This means that any other part can be causing it if updating the chipset and BIOS doesn't help,
    • hard drive
    • GPU
    • slots,
    • cables,
    • drivers,
    • improper seating of a component,
    • motherboard as you said,
    • dust,
    • software like daemon tools or software that comes with the mainboard or pre-installed
    It is a only a small part of things but pretty generic that can cause it.

The problem with the 0x124 is that it often doesn't give enough data for specific troubleshooting and there are just so many things one can try to fix it.

axe0, Jan 7, 2016
  7. keynun Win User
    Thank you for the help, I have updated my BIOS to the latest 2015 version, so far it has not crashed so let's hope it stays this way.

keynun, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Multiple freezes and crashes - no real trigger - Similar Threads - Multiple freezes crashes

2. Multiple Freezes And Crashes - DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION on Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple Freezes And Crashes - DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION on Win 11: Hello everyone,My PC is constantly freezing the past week or so. It first started happening every few days but now, it's happening as frequently as every 10 minutes. I've updated drivers - including NVIDIA uninstall, reinstall, uninstalled Win updates, re-did cables, GPU,...
  3. i am having multiple BSOD and system freezes , crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i am having multiple BSOD and system freezes , crashes: HiI have encountered many different BSOD recently.Please kindly refer to the link below for minidump files and help me sort this out.https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ail6Bud9gLLjgrYHDAQGzv3mwrXoYw?e=WpyCOQ...
  4. i am having multiple BSOD and system freezes , crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i am having multiple BSOD and system freezes , crashes: HiI have encountered many different BSOD recently.Please kindly refer to the link below for minidump files and help me sort this out.https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ail6Bud9gLLjgrYHDAQGzv3mwrXoYw?e=WpyCOQ...
  5. Multiple crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple crashes: I have been having this problem with my computer for years and I am starting to lose my mind, for a while my computer worked just find no problems loading or starting up, then for a few times I would get an error message usually something with a driver error, would look for...
  6. Multiple BSOD and freezing

Multiple BSOD and freezing: Hi ! My desktop pc freezes or gets BSOD multiple times per day. The pc is on about 16h per day and sometimes it has just done a restart when I not have been sitting by it and at other times I have got a Bluescreen or just freezing when I have been "working" on it. Sometimes...
  7. BSOD with multiple errors, random freezing and crashing

BSOD with multiple errors, random freezing and crashing: I've been having (and ignoring) these issues for a while, but they've started occurring more often lately and it's becoming a nuisance. The PC seems to crash randomly. If it crashes once, it's almost guaranteed it will crash again once or twice within the first few minutes...
  8. Windows 10 Multiple Bsod crashes and screen freezes

Windows 10 Multiple Bsod crashes and screen freezes: Hello, im here becouse i need some help i got my PC few months ago but recently i started to getting multiple Bsod crashes with many different asserts. I refreshed my PC to fabric settings and removed all data from hard drive but it didnt help and im still getting these...
  9. Multiple BSODs. Unsure of Trigger.

Multiple BSODs. Unsure of Trigger.: Hey All, I've had multiple BSODs over the past couple of weeks. Initially, I performed a fairly small overclock on my CPU and I believed this to be the cause of my BSODs. I reset the system to stock speeds on both the CPU and RAM and hadn't had any issues for a few days,...
  10. Multiple Crashes, Freezes and BSOD's

Multiple Crashes, Freezes and BSOD's: I have had a long history of issues with this PC, involving a mixture of Crashes (like cable being pulled out full black screen), freezes (unresponsive and audio plays on loop), and BSOD's. I fixed the first set of issues by moving my RAM onto a different channel, and since...