Windows 10: multiple occurances of IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Discus and support multiple occurances of IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, I was at windows 8.1 and had had a few of these BSOD's there but since I moved to 10 I had not had them. I thought maybe an driver in the old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CarlPosz, Sep 2, 2015.

1. CarlPosz Win User

multiple occurances of IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Hi all,
    I was at windows 8.1 and had had a few of these BSOD's there but since I moved to 10 I had not had them. I thought maybe an driver in the old os had been causing the issue.
    Well in the last week I've had 5 of these IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL crashes so It looks like i still have the problem, or a new one has cropped up. Help would be appreciated. I've run the dm_log_collector and uploaded the file.
    Thanks for the help
    Carl

:)

CarlPosz, Sep 2, 2015

2. Multiple BSoDs

Plagued by multiple BSoDs:

PFN_List_Corrupt

IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal

Driver_Overran_Stack_Buffer

Been having this problem for a while, sparingly, but now it has become much more common when trying to play games. Computer was previously taken to the shop and problem identified as "Windows 7 Shell", but symptoms persist.

NatalieZeno, Sep 2, 2015
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    Recent Occurances of BSOD

Hello,

There may be a few reasons for this type of issue to occur. Feel free to check out this link from
    our support website for steps on how to fix stop errors such as blue screen errors. On this page, select the appropriate scenario that applies to this scenario and follow the instructions provided.

Keep us posted for any updates regarding this issue.

Mark Isi, Sep 2, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi CarlPosz,

Welcome to the 10forums.

There are 2 drivers blamed in the crashes, but both are from Symantec.
    Please remove Symantec via the uninstall instructions.

If after removing Symantec you still get BSOD's please do the following

multiple occurances of IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

axe0, Sep 2, 2015
  5. CarlPosz Win User
    Hi Axe0, I'm a little nervous to uninstall Symantec as I would not have any antivirus protection.
    Could you tell me the two drivers . I can check the current version, uninstall and reinstall to see if I get a more current version. I could also go to Symantec to find out what they know about these drivers and the problem reported.
    If you think it is Memory than I will also run tests overnight.
    Thanks
    Carl

CarlPosz, Sep 2, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    Yes I can tell you which drivers are causing this, but I wouldn't try to uninstall and reinstall them.
    When you remove an AV program, you can always activate the built-in Windows Defender if removed properly (done via the uninstall utility)

You can remove the driver but you can't install it again, because it is a part of the AV program. With only removing a driver you'll get a BSOD and after restart an infinite BSOD boot loop because you removed a driver and without the removed driver your AV program won't run.
    Further it is impossible to only download that driver without the rest of the program.

axe0, Sep 2, 2015
  7. CarlPosz Win User
    I think I understand what you are saying. I'm not thinking of trying to uninstall a single driver or a couple of drivers themselves.
    1) I'm wondering if by uninstalling and reinstall the complete Norton Internet Security program that I might get newer drivers. It's worth a try.
    2) If there are problems with the drivers for Norton Internet Security then I would want to contact Symantec with this information to see if it couldn't be resolved. That is why I would like the name of the drivers and any dump information I could provide them to see what they can do to resolve this.
    3) My wife has the same version of Symantec and Widows 10. And I'm sure there are a lot of others with the same configuration. So why would those drives cause me problems. So I am just wonder what is possibly different on my system.
    I really have confidence in Symantec and would not like to run on Windows Defender for very long.

And do not misunderstand me. I am not disputing what you are finding. Just trying to understand "what you found"

More information from you would be greatly appreciated and I really appreciate the help.

CarlPosz, Sep 2, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

I added the RAM test, because its not clear wether symantec accessed corrupted memory or symantec tried to access memory that was not meant for it.

axe0, Sep 2, 2015
  9. CarlPosz Win User
    Well just in the course of these threads (1 hour) my machine has crashed twice :-(
    With your last statement I'm wondering if I should check my ram first. How long for the 8 passes to run?

CarlPosz, Sep 2, 2015
  10. axe0 New Member
    The time it takes to complete at least 8 passes varies a lot, for some it takes 10 hours and for others it takes 20 hours.
    Due to the time it takes for MemTest it is the best to run it overnight.
    Although when MemTest finds an error it is recommended* to abort the test, but it doesn't damage anything if you let it continue.

*When MemTest finds an error you have to test each stick apart in each slot to find out if it is really the stick or a failty slot from the mainboard and if it is the stick which stick.

11. CarlPosz Win User
    Hmm. I'll try uninstall now and memory tonight, or later depending on results.
    Thanks

CarlPosz, Sep 2, 2015
  12. CarlPosz Win User
    Can you provide me with the drivers that are reporting as problems.

CarlPosz, Sep 2, 2015
  13. axe0 New Member

Both drivers are 1 time coming in each different dumps.
    So there are 5 dumps, and only in the 1st is BHDrvx64 and 3rd SYMEVENT64x86 flagged.
    All the dumps are saying memory corruption so I think it is more due to your RAM, but there needs to be prove to be definitive.

Links to driver reference table:
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/drive...EVENT64x86.SYS
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/drive...d=BHDrvx64.sys

The drivers are underlined
    Code: 0: kd> lmvm SYMEVENT64x86start end module name fffff800`e6370000 fffff800`e6395000 SYMEVENT64x86 T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: SYMEVENT64x86.SYS Image path: \??\C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\SYMEVENT64x86.SYS Image name: SYMEVENT64x86.SYS Timestamp: Mon Jan 19 23:43:56 2015 (54BD88AC) CheckSum: 0001F810 ImageSize: 00025000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] Code: 5: kd> lmvm BHDrvx64start end module name fffff800`53340000 fffff800`534d5000 BHDrvx64 T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: BHDrvx64.sys Image path: \??\C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton Internet Security\NortonData\22.5.0.124\Definitions\BASHDefs\20150810.001\BHDrvx64.sys Image name: BHDrvx64.sys Timestamp: Sat Jul 11 06:11:26 2015 (55A0976E) CheckSum: 0019DF0B ImageSize: 00195000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

14. CarlPosz Win User
    Thanks for the info. I have uninstalled Norton. I too agree that it makes more sense that it would be Ram. Even if I do not get any more crashes today I will plan to run the tests to ram tonight.
    Again. Many thanks for the help.

CarlPosz, Sep 2, 2015
  15. axe0 New Member
    You're welcome *Smile
    I'm glad I can help.

It is smart to test the RAM.
    Ofcourse, you can install Norton again when the problem is solved.

Thema:

1. multiple occurances of IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Similar Threads - multiple occurances IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

2. irql_not_less_or_equal frequently occuring

in Windows 10 Gaming
    irql_not_less_or_equal frequently occuring: Recently out of nowhere my laptop has begun to randomly blue screen regardless of what i was currently doing from gaming to general surfing the internet.In the last couple days i have gotten 3 irql_not_less_or_equal bsods, 1 kmode_exception_not_handled bsod, and 1...
  3. irql_not_less_or_equal frequently occuring

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    irql_not_less_or_equal frequently occuring: Recently out of nowhere my laptop has begun to randomly blue screen regardless of what i was currently doing from gaming to general surfing the internet.In the last couple days i have gotten 3 irql_not_less_or_equal bsods, 1 kmode_exception_not_handled bsod, and 1...
  4. Multiple BSODs IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple BSODs IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hello, I have been getting BSOD's for months now with mainly IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error codes and have tried every solution I can think of.I've done Memtest64, Windows Memory Diagnostic, SFC /Scannow, DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth, used CCleaner to update...
  5. Multiple BSODs IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSODs IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hello, I have been getting BSOD's for months now with mainly IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error codes and have tried every solution I can think of.I've done Memtest64, Windows Memory Diagnostic, SFC /Scannow, DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth, used CCleaner to update...
  6. Multiple BSODs IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Constantly Occuring

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Constantly Occuring: I recently rebuilt my PC and used some existing hardware from my previous build. Ever since I have done so, my computer has blue screened many times and no matter what I seem to do, it doesn't help. I have ran sfc scans, checked my memory health, have checked the condition...
  8. Multiple Random Crashes + BSOD: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple Random Crashes + BSOD: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: [ATTACH] I have recently been getting random computer freezes followed by 3-5 beeps where I can only hard reboot by holding down the power button. This was a new PC that i built back recently in December 2019. Also once got the BSOD: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. Is this an...
  9. Multiple IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSODs

Multiple IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSODs: Hello, Before continuing, just a bit of context to clarify the situation and avoid questions: - I have changed most of my computer parts last august, this includes: the CPU Ryzen 3600x, the GPU GTX 2070, the MB b450 tuf gaming, then b450 tomahawk max in january and the RAM...
  10. Multiple IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ntoskrnl.exe BSOD

Multiple IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ntoskrnl.exe BSOD: Hi. Iv had this problem for almost year now. I keep getting constant BSODs. Mostly IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL from ntoskrnl.exe. Iv asked help countless times from countless different websites, even got help from Windows engineer and it didn't help. (He said that you cant figure...