Windows 10: Multiple problems regarding WD and various services (Access Denied).

Discus and support Multiple problems regarding WD and various services (Access Denied). in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I installed the FCU back on 12/2, and it went fine (had a problem with the App Store, but that's been fixed). Now I'm having a bigger problem: I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Stargate38, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Multiple problems regarding WD and various services (Access Denied).

I installed the FCU back on 12/2, and it went fine (had a problem with the App Store, but that's been fixed). Now I'm having a bigger problem: I can't get the Windows Search service to start. I repeatedly get this in Event Viewer:
    Code: The server {xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout. The Windows Search service terminated with the following error: Access is denied. The Windows Search service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this x time(s).[/quote] The {xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx} part is different in each error, and it's been doing that every 2 minutes. WHY won't it start?! I'm also having a similar problem with Windows Defender. I try to start the WinDefend service (idk why it stopped in the first place) and it stops about 6 seconds later with this appearing in Event Viewer:
    Code: The Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated with the following error: General access denied error[/quote] Does anyone know how to fix this? It was working fine yesterday, and I didn't install anything except an update for DAZ Studio 4 (and related products), but that doesn't usually cause problems, so it's not the culprit. If you want to know, it's legit (I've attached a screenshot of the DAZ3D product library with many orders visible on the left). As you can see, I edited out the photo and order ID for security reasons. Also, I've been having this problem since the 1st Creators Update back in April, 2017:
    Code: Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.257.1417.0) - Error 0x80070643[/quote] That's been popping up every single day, whenever WD tries to download/install an update. This also happens if I try to do it manually, either through the main Windows Update screen, or using WD's built-in update window (WD->Shield button->Definition Updates).
    Here's another problem I'm having:
    Code: The Background Intelligent Transfer Service service terminated with the following service-specific error: 0x8E5E0408[/quote] What on Earth does that mean? I can't do updates without that service. If I try to start it through Services, I get this:
    Code: The Background Intelligent Transfer Service service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs.[/quote] It shouldn't be doing that! Also I've run SFC, DISM, and various troubleshooters with no luck.

:)

Stargate38, Dec 5, 2017
  2. swanlee Win User

I can't turn off Windows Defender in Win 10 (service greyed out, regedit access denied)

So I have a small tablet with limited resources and I need to kill WD, the service is greyed out and if I try and disable the service in the registry it tells me access denied. I'm logged in as adminmof the tablet.

[Moved from Windows 10]

swanlee, Dec 5, 2017
  3. External hard drives do not reconnect after Windows 10 laptop comes out of sleep mode

If you have any of the WD Wares (wd quick view, wd drive utilities, wd security) i found that when i put my computer to sleep it also locked the external hard drive (windows 10 64-bit, 4tb WD External) so whenever i would get out of sleep mode and try
    to access my hard drive it would say access is denied when i tried to open anything. I found opening WD Security and unlocking the hard drive fixes everything that denied me access to my hard drive upon waking after sleep.

JerryNunez, Dec 5, 2017
  4. Multiple problems regarding WD and various services (Access Denied).

Caledon Ken, Dec 6, 2017
  5. Now I'm having another problem when I tried using the Media Creation Tool to create the USB Flash Drive repair media:
    Code: We're not sure what happened, but we're unable to run this tool on your PC. If you continue experiencing problems, reference the error code when contacting customer support. Error code: 0x80080005 - 0x90017[/quote] I'm really upset about this. Is there ANY way to get it to work?! *Mad I did find an old thread that references a page with direct ISO links, but I'm not sure if it's legit:

Downloading iso Windows 10 without media creation tool - Windows 10 Forums

My Win10 is OEM, but I still copied the product key (using ShowKeyPlus) to a txt file in an external drive, just in case I need to reactivate it.

Stargate38, Dec 6, 2017
  6. This page was posted by one of the admin's.

https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/techno...-download-tool

You download --- Windows ISO Downloader exe.

You won't need your key and I recommend you do not try to install with it. Your machine was "fingerprinted" by MS. They will activate when they see it again.

Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Multiple problems regarding WD and various services (Access Denied).

1. Multiple problems regarding WD and various services (Access Denied). - Similar Threads - Multiple problems regarding

2. Bluetooth Services Access Denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Services Access Denied: Hi,I currently own a pair of Sony WH-1000XM4 and earbuds WF-100XM3 that have the same problem. When using Microsoft Teams, I face a strange issue that when I use the headset as speaker, and an external microphone as microphone see setup below, there is no sound coming to my...
  3. Bluetooth Services Access Denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Services Access Denied: Hi,I currently own a pair of Sony WH-1000XM4 and earbuds WF-100XM3 that have the same problem. When using Microsoft Teams, I face a strange issue that when I use the headset as speaker, and an external microphone as microphone see setup below, there is no sound coming to my...
  4. Access is Denied: Windows Audio Service

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Access is Denied: Windows Audio Service: I have had trouble today with no audio from my computer. After troubleshooting and following guides online, I believe I have found the problem. In the 'Services' panel the 'Windows Audio' service is not running. No matter what I do switching the 'Startup Type' to 'Automatic'...
  5. Access Denied on various websites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access Denied on various websites: I'm using Windows 10 Pro, version 2004. Today I tried logging into my bank's online access and received an "Access denied. You do not have permission...". I also tried going to https://www.washingtonpost.com and got the same message. I noticed that the website listed in the...
  6. Windows services access denied for wuauserv

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows services access denied for wuauserv: Hi, I am having trouble installing windows updates and apps from the microsoft store. When i try to install any app from the microsoft store I get the message "Windows Update is disabled. You can repair Windows Update by running the Windows Update troubleshooter in Settings...
  7. Windows audio service access denied

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows audio service access denied: Hi this might help with the problem on win 10 in component services goto mycomputer then DCOM Config find "microsoft audio device graph server" then change permissions to default...
  8. services : access is denied (windows 10)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    services : access is denied (windows 10): i wanna change services settings services access is denied windows 10 [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/services-access-is-denied-windows-10/f5e54253-1f58-4fc5-94db-6abfd769ef0b"
  9. Audio Service not starting - access denied

in Windows 10 Support
    Audio Service not starting - access denied: My audio service is refusing to start regardless of what I try on Windows 10 1803. I have attempted the following: Re-installing audio drivers Updating audio drivers A full virus scan A disk check An SFC check Making sure all the dependencies of the Windows Audio Service...
  10. Bootrec /fixboot access denied. Various solutions not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Bootrec /fixboot access denied. Various solutions not working: You can pull the HDD out of the computer and attach it via a USB-SATA Adapter, Dock or Enclosure with a power adapter. Attach it to a working computer, it should come up as another drive on the system and you can copy the data off of it.