Windows 10: Multiple problems with 3D graphics

Discus and support Multiple problems with 3D graphics in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have an HP Envy laptop. It has Nvidia Geforce GT 740M GPU. After installing the Fall Creators Update I have encountered lots of problems which I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by JKAVS, Dec 20, 2017.

1. JKAVS Win User

Multiple problems with 3D graphics

I have an HP Envy laptop. It has Nvidia Geforce GT 740M GPU.
    After installing the Fall Creators Update I have encountered lots of problems which I think are graphics related.

These problems include
    - Many games and software not working. This includes but is not limited to GTA V, Blender, Adobe Creative Cloud and Paint 3D.
    - Task manager not working
    - Dxdiag not working

First problem I noticed was that the task manager was not working. It shows up but is not responsive. After a few seconds it closes bu itself.

Games and software crash in various ways. Some start but crash soon. Paint 3D does not start at all. Creative Cloud gets stuck in some kind of loop. None of the software give any kind of information about the error.

I checked the event log. It contains lots of application errors. I can see there that the error is mostly caused by one of the following modules:
    d3d12.dll
    nvwgf2umx_cfg.dll
    nvwgf2um.dll

These seem all to be related to 3D graphics. I have the newest graphics driver installed.

This is very strange problem and I can’t find any help by googling. Nobody other than me seems to have this problem.

:)

JKAVS, Dec 20, 2017

2. 3D Builder (Your video card doesn't work with 3D Builder. Please update your video driver, then try again)

We have multiple PC's running the application 3D Builder but since the 30 October 2017 it no longer works on anything other than those running "Intel HD Graphics".

Its not running on Intel Q45/Q43 Chipset or Q33.

Is there any work around for this?

Or is there a new graphics card we can buy that would be compatible?

JRMROBINSON, Dec 20, 2017
  3. Marty1729 Win User
    Problems with programs that use 3D graphics, don't display 3D graphics windows and give an error message saying my system does not support 3D hardware acceleration

Question:

Ever since I upgraded to windows 10 (from win 7), I've been having problems with programs that use 3D graphics. Some programs either a) don't display 3D graphics windows or b) give an error message saying my system does not support 3D hardware acceleration.
    Windows tells me the drivers are all up to to date. Also, I don't seem to be able to access the Intel graphics control panel (usually done by right clicking in desktop). Is there a way in which to turn on 3D hardware acceleration or a reason that would be
    disabled in the first place?

System specs:

Acer aspire 4733z

Intel Pentium processor @ 2.30 GHz

graphics: mobile Intel 4 series express chipset family

adapter string: GMA 4500 MHD

Marty1729, Dec 20, 2017
  4. Multiple problems with 3D graphics

Masterchiefxx17, Dec 21, 2017
  5. JKAVS Win User
    JKAVS, Dec 22, 2017
  6. Masterchiefxx17, Dec 22, 2017
  7. Helmut Win User
    Go to the basics, and check upwards from there - Check your HDD, then use SFC and DISM on the Windows installation. There are tutorials on here for those.

Helmut, Dec 25, 2017
  8. JKAVS Win User

I checked my HDD. It found and repaired some error, but it had no effect on the graphics problem.
    Then I ran SFC again and no errors were found.
    Next I tried DISM but nothing was found to be wrong.

JKAVS, Dec 26, 2017
  9. bobkn Win User
    You're going to love this one:

Clean install Windows.

bobkn, Dec 29, 2017
  10. Kbird Win User
    most of my 3D issues were removed by going back to the May Nvidia Driver .... Version 382.05 stable and as fast as any of the current 388 Series...

KB

Kbird, Dec 30, 2017
  11. It could be a simple driver problem, the OS seems to be borked. Do a factory reset of your laptop.

RoasterMen, Jan 1, 2018
  12. Helmut Win User
    Ah, so you fiddled with Nvidia drivers rather than let Windows updates do it.
    You did not say.
    My Laptop has the same GT 740M in there, the driver is 376.54 which works. I don't care if it's a year old.

Further essential basic checks is to the temperatures of the CPU, GPU etc.
    I use HWMonitor from CPUID which works on my Laptop which has the same GT 740M in there.
    Fan revs are monitored by a Toshiba application.

After so many years, fans need cleaning or replacing(hence the temperature and revs check), HDD probably close to retirement.
    You say most problems have been removed, further work needs doing.

Helmut, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Multiple problems with 3D graphics - Similar Threads - Multiple problems graphics

2. No Suitable 3D Graphics Adapter is Available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Suitable 3D Graphics Adapter is Available: Hello Everyone, I recently installed Jurassic World Evolution 2 and I am experiencing this problem. When launching It crashes and send me this message, "No suitable 3D graphics adapter is available". Also I tried changing my resolution but it still showed the same message. My...
  3. No Suitable 3D Graphics Adapter is Available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Suitable 3D Graphics Adapter is Available: Hello Everyone, I recently installed Jurassic World Evolution 2 and I am experiencing this problem. When launching It crashes and send me this message, "No suitable 3D graphics adapter is available". Also I tried changing my resolution but it still showed the same message. My...
  4. Problems with 3D Builder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with 3D Builder: Hi - I have been using 3D Builder as a default app to open .stl files for a long time. About a week or so ago, the app stopped opening files if they were in any Folder. If .stl file was on my Desktop, it would open it. No matter what Folder I put file in, it won't open....
  5. Problems with 3D Builder

Problems with 3D Builder: Hi - I have been using 3D Builder as a default app to open .stl files for a long time. About a week or so ago, the app stopped opening files if they were in any Folder. If .stl file was on my Desktop, it would open it. No matter what Folder I put file in, it won't open....
  6. A problem with Paint 3D

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A problem with Paint 3D: I'm trying to do voxel art.I wanted to turn pixels into 3D models so I could stretch them into cubes, but for some reason I can't stretch across the Z-Axis. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-problem-with-paint-3d/806aa916-3e88-4632-911c-4647c34aa2d6
  7. 3D graphics acceleration problems a solution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3D graphics acceleration problems a solution: I had an old graphics card purchased a newer one it has 3D acceleration still the games didn't made the choice to use it. It kept on telling me that my graphics card ddin't support 3 dD acceleration, well after trying checking on the drivers making sure the card did had it....
  8. 3d graphics drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    3d graphics drivers: Trying to play a game and pop up window box states computers 3d graphics drivers appear to not be functioning properly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3d-graphics-drivers/1ee92d99-d2da-4598-a8b7-3b52152228c9
  9. Problem with Paint 3d

Problem with Paint 3d: Has any one used paint 3d yet? When I login to the 'Remix3d' site and open any of the creations and click on 'remix in paint 3d', Paint 3d opens and I get the message 'couldn't open this model. try again' I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled but still get the same...
  10. Help with ''3d'' or ''Red & blue graphics''

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with ''3d'' or ''Red & blue graphics'': Hi, i would like to know how to ''disable'' this, because a friend have it actived and he doesn't know how to disable it or quit it, it happens everytime he plays a game, and i can't help him because i live too far away from him, someone can help me with this problem? here...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. task manager nvwgf2umx_cfg