Windows 10: multiple processes suspended in win 10 home before and after clean install

Discus and support multiple processes suspended in win 10 home before and after clean install in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I had multiple processes suspended for apparently no reason. The machine was really slow. I tried a clean install of win 10. Now running 1803 build... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LorenCarlson, Aug 14, 2018.

1. multiple processes suspended in win 10 home before and after clean install

I had multiple processes suspended for apparently no reason. The machine was really slow.

I tried a clean install of win 10. Now running 1803 build 17134.191. This is a clean install, I have not installed any other software.

The following processes are suspended:

Cortana (3) - runtime broker, Cortana and Reminders WinRT OOP Server

Microsoft Skype (2) - Runtime Broker and Microsoft Skype

Office Hub Task Host (2) - runtime broker and office hub task host

photos - Microsoftphotos.exe

Windows Shell Experience Host

What gives? How do I get everything to work?

:)

LorenCarlson, Aug 14, 2018

2. multiple processes suspended in win 10 home before and after clean install

I had multiple processes suspended for apparently no reason. The machine was really slow.

I tried a clean install of win 10. Now running 1803 build 17134.191. This is a clean install, I have not installed any other software.

The following processes are suspended:

Cortana (3) - runtime broker, Cortana and Reminders WinRT OOP Server

Microsoft Skype (2) - Runtime Broker and Microsoft Skype

Office Hub Task Host (2) - runtime broker and office hub task host

photos - Microsoftphotos.exe

Windows Shell Experience Host

What gives? How do I get everything to work?

LorenCarlson, Sep 25, 2018
  3. Multiple suspended explorer.exe processes

Hi,

If you are experiencing multiple suspended explorer.exe processes, we suggest that you perform a clean boot in your computer.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows 10. You may also troubleshoot
    or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot.

To perform a clean boot follow the link below:

Windows 10 Clean Boot

Let us know what happens.

Anthony Cato, Sep 25, 2018
  4. DaveM121 Win User

multiple processes suspended in win 10 home before and after clean install

Hi Loren,

This 'feature' was introduced in version 1803 of Windows. When you are not using processes, they will go into a suspended state until you require those processes.

This feature is designed to free up resources on your PC for the applications you are currently using, those suspended processes will have a green leaf beside them in Task Manager

Does your system not move those apps out of suspension when you use them?

DaveM121, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

1. multiple processes suspended in win 10 home before and after clean install - Similar Threads - multiple processes suspended

2. Suspending processes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Suspending processes: Hello,Windows keeps suspending processes and then killing them on startup. I have had this issue before, and restoring to a previous point in time used to solve it for a few months but now the issue seems to be persistent even after doing this.I have run SFC /scannow and...
  3. Suspending processes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suspending processes: Hello,Windows keeps suspending processes and then killing them on startup. I have had this issue before, and restoring to a previous point in time used to solve it for a few months but now the issue seems to be persistent even after doing this.I have run SFC /scannow and...
  4. Suspending processes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Clean Install of Win 10 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean Install of Win 10 Home: The installation was canceled because windows cannot install required files. Error code is 0X80070006 make sure computer is connected to internet Obviously a network driver issue. My system is an older legacy bios quad core 3.2 Ghz 8Gb RAM. Trying to install win 10 on a...
  6. Process suspended

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Process suspended: Does anyone know how to fix the problem with windows suspending my game (League of Legends) in task manager? It started when I updated it on ~23.3.2021 (I can't find the update anymore in update history), and one of the things I tried is to delete that update, but it was not...
  7. Suspended process

Suspended process: Hi, With the latest update i can't open any application preseinstalled in the OS. Like if i start services.msc the process will be suspended or if i try to reset, the OS, from the settings menu it will never allow me to finish because the process will be suspended. If i...
  8. Clean Install Win 7 HP with Win 10 Home

Clean Install Win 7 HP with Win 10 Home: Good afternoon, I gave my Sister a Win 7 HP SP1 [ Genuine ] Laptop a few years ago which she now doesn't use, and knowing my Sister, there will be a LOT of junk on there. I am getting it back at some stage over the next couple of weeks and I would ideally like to just Clean...
  9. Multiple suspended processes issue

Multiple suspended processes issue: I'm experiencing the following issue: when I close certain apps, it doesn't matter which ones, it happens with apps from various vendors and types, the apps won't entirely close, but go into a "suspended" state, according to Task Manager, and their processes can't be...
  10. Task manager suspending games in win 10 pro that were not suspended in win 10 home

Task manager suspending games in win 10 pro that were not suspended in win 10 home: I play perfect world international. I depend on leaving my characters on during the night to sell items in my shop. Windows has started to suspend the program every night in Win 10 pro when it did NOT do that in Win 10 home. I need to find out how to permanently STOP this...