Windows 10: Multiple profiles?

Discus and support Multiple profiles? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, Extreme noob: Whenever I start Windows 10, two profiles show, one requires a username/password and the other just required password. Is... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by joeeeyg, Apr 3, 2016.

1. joeeeyg Win User

Multiple profiles?

Hello,

Extreme noob:

Whenever I start Windows 10, two profiles show, one requires a username/password and the other just required password. Is there anyway to just log in without requiring a password? If not, how can I just have the profile that only requires the password to default and remove the other?

Pictures attached to help show what I'm talking about.

Thanks!

:)

joeeeyg, Apr 3, 2016

2. WMDC Errors, Now Canot Uninstall WMDC Driver Update

I am having the same issue. Very frustrating.

sync multiple calendars, Apr 3, 2016
  3. Multiple Desktops on Multiple Monitors

<confusion>

zachd [MSFT], Apr 3, 2016
  4. lmaneke Win User

Multiple profiles?

Set up accounts - Windows Help

This shows how to setup an account.

If there are 2 accounts, delete the one where you manually have to enter username and password.

If 1 is only present

Create a new user account and see if you get the same result.

If not, transfer all of your files from the old account to the newly created account.

If you do have the same result with 2 accounts on a new user account,

Right click on start menu, click Command prompt (admin)

Type sfc /scannow

This will find any system file corruptions and repair them.

After scan is complete, type chkdsk C: /F

Type y and press enter to confirm scan on next reboot to check for file system errors.

You also may have a registry corruption, but that can be explored if the above options fail

lmaneke, Apr 3, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Joeeeyg, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Since it appears that both accounts shown in your screenshots are the same account, you may have netplwiz not set correctly. Start over by doing step 5 again in the tutorial below to see if that may help.

Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Multiple profiles?

1. Multiple profiles? - Similar Threads - Multiple profiles

2. Windows 11 - multiple apps won't start on some user profiles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - multiple apps won't start on some user profiles: I have an HP Omen laptop, with 2 Microsoft adult accounts on it, and 2 child accounts managed via Family Safety.Starting yesterday seemingly after Windows Update installed some updates multiple apps stopped working on one of the child accounts. They work fine on the other...
  3. Windows 11 - multiple apps won't start on some user profiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - multiple apps won't start on some user profiles: I have an HP Omen laptop, with 2 Microsoft adult accounts on it, and 2 child accounts managed via Family Safety.Starting yesterday seemingly after Windows Update installed some updates multiple apps stopped working on one of the child accounts. They work fine on the other...
  4. multiple access to a profile?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    multiple access to a profile?: I bought a laptop for private usage. After signing to my Microsoft account I see folders and files from a company laptop I used 3 years ago at my former employer.I shouldn't see those folders and files and also I'm afraid that someone can access from that laptop my current...
  5. multiple access to a profile?

multiple access to a profile?: I bought a laptop for private usage. After signing to my Microsoft account I see folders and files from a company laptop I used 3 years ago at my former employer.I shouldn't see those folders and files and also I'm afraid that someone can access from that laptop my current...
  6. multiple access to a profile?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Multiple BSOD stop codes after installing Nvidia profile inspector PLEASE HELP!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSOD stop codes after installing Nvidia profile inspector PLEASE HELP!: I just installed a 3rd party nvidia program called nvidia profile inspector and make some changes to the application then decided to restart my pc just incase to make sure the setting will come into affect. Since rearranging my PC I’ve not been able to even unlock my PC as I...
  8. Multiple BSOD stop codes after installing Nvidia profile inspector PLEASE HELP!

Multiple BSOD stop codes after installing Nvidia profile inspector PLEASE HELP!: I just installed a 3rd party nvidia program called nvidia profile inspector and make some changes to the application then decided to restart my pc just incase to make sure the setting will come into affect. Since rearranging my PC I’ve not been able to even unlock my PC as I...
  9. My Win10 MS PROFILE is taking screenshots and pressing keys on its own multiple keyboards,...

My Win10 MS PROFILE is taking screenshots and pressing keys on its own multiple keyboards,...: My elementary kid has a Dell Optiplex and it takes screenshots randomly. It also moves arrow randomly when they play Roblox. Most often it is as if the down button is held down and left and right buttons are randomly held down, so her character moves on its own. It does not...
  10. My Win10 MS PROFILE is taking screenshots and pressing keys on its own multiple keyboards,...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My Win10 MS PROFILE is taking screenshots and pressing keys on its own multiple keyboards,...: My elementary kid has a Dell Optiplex and it takes screenshots randomly. It also moves arrow randomly when they play Roblox. Most often it is as if the down button is held down and left and right buttons are randomly held down, so her character moves on its own. It does not...