Windows 10: Multiple programs taskbar. When one open others do not appear in front

Discus and support Multiple programs taskbar. When one open others do not appear in front in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Let's say I have 5 programs on my taskbar. IE, calculator, word, excel and ppt. Let's say I have IE open. If I try to click on another program on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jden30, Jun 4, 2016.

1. jden30 Win User

Multiple programs taskbar. When one open others do not appear in front

Let's say I have 5 programs on my taskbar. IE, calculator, word, excel and ppt. Let's say I have IE open. If I try to click on another program on taskbar, it does not show up over the IE. Same as any other program that is opened, when clicking on the taskbar program it will not show up in front of the program that is currently displayed. I have been unable to fix it in any settings. The only way I can fix it is to reset computer, but the issue comes back in the next several hours or days. Then reset again. Is there a way to fix so when program A is displayed and I click on program B from taskbar that it shows up in front of program A? It is annoying that I have to minimize the current program to see the other program. (difficult to describe issue, hope this makes sense).

:)

jden30, Jun 4, 2016
  2. Tigheye Win User

Windows 10 tiles do not appear at the front of all the open windows when clicked from the taskbar

Windows 10 tiles do not appear at the front of all the open windows when clicked from the taskbar

I have to minimise the front window the see the one I have clicked on from the taskbar

Tigheye, Jun 4, 2016
  3. CGXVII Win User
    Windows on Windows 10 not coming to the front

When I have multiple windows open and I click on a running program the windows of that program doesn't come to the front. If I'm working on chrome, word and a pdf, etc and I click
    in one of the windows sometimes it comes to the front and other times it doesn't come to the front. I have to minimize the program window that I'm working on in order to be able to see the window of the other program. I restarted my PC and when I start working on
    multiple windows this issue happnes again, and the windows stop coming to the front. I was wondering if somebody know how to fix this issue. Thanks

CGXVII, Jun 4, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Almost surely caused by some program you have installed or a theme you have modified.

You could also try using Clean Boot to see if you can find the cause that way.

If no help, set it up again then create an image backup of the working system.
    Then make changes or install software one at a time and test. When you find the culprit, uninstall it and see if that fixes the problem. If not restore the image then make changes and install programs but leave out the one causing the problem.

Ztruker, Jun 5, 2016
Thema:

1. Multiple programs taskbar. When one open others do not appear in front - Similar Threads - Multiple programs taskbar

2. an error appears when opening the program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    an error appears when opening the program: Assertion failed! Program: ...S\sprvsrPlus\SvCommController\SController.exe File: ssNcliClient.pp Line: 549 Expression: m handles.m hdbo For information on how your program can cause an assertion failure, see the Visual C+ - documentation on asserts Press Retry to debug the...
  3. an error appears when opening the program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    an error appears when opening the program: Assertion failed! Program: ...S\sprvsrPlus\SvCommController\SController.exe File: ssNcliClient.pp Line: 549 Expression: m handles.m hdbo For information on how your program can cause an assertion failure, see the Visual C+ - documentation on asserts Press Retry to debug the...
  4. One Click Opens/Closes Multiple Programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Click Opens/Closes Multiple Programs: Is there any way in Windows to be able to open and/or close multiple programs at once? For instance, I always run 3 programs when I'm working on music, but it would be more convenient if I did not have to close and open them individually each time I use them....
  5. One Click Opens/Closes Multiple Programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One Click Opens/Closes Multiple Programs: Is there any way in Windows to be able to open and/or close multiple programs at once? For instance, I always run 3 programs when I'm working on music, but it would be more convenient if I did not have to close and open them individually each time I use them....
  6. How do I make one program appear in the front on startup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I make one program appear in the front on startup?: In the folder C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup I put shortcuts to programs I want starting when booting the pc. Right now there's Google Chrome, Spotify, and Discord. However, whenever I turn on my computer, spotify generally...
  7. Front built in camera doesn't work on streaming programs and appears black when opening...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Front built in camera doesn't work on streaming programs and appears black when opening...: The last couple of weeks it kept freezing on me online but it worked offline. Then today, it's not working anymore. Front built in camera doesn't work on streaming programs and appears black when opening camera app I tried the regedit process I also tried installing and...
  8. Supress all other programs and notifications when one program open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Supress all other programs and notifications when one program open: Hello, is there a way to supress all other programs and notifications when i have one app/program open (kodi) My OS is Windows 10 submitted by /u/filledk [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fc1reb/supress_all_other_programs_and_notifications_when/
  9. PROBLEM in switching between multiple programs, WHEN ONE PROGRAM IS BEHIND OTHER PROGRAM.

in Windows 10 Customization
    PROBLEM in switching between multiple programs, WHEN ONE PROGRAM IS BEHIND OTHER PROGRAM.: I'm having an issue when trying to switch between programs in Windows 10. The problem is that I'll have multiple windows on a monitor and when switching between them, the window isn't always brought to the front and will stay behind the previously focused window. An example...
  10. Appearance of multiple tabs on task manager when only one is open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Appearance of multiple tabs on task manager when only one is open: As stated above, ever since my last windows update, task manager indicates that multiple browsers are open when in actual fact only one is open. Also web browsing seems laggy, akin to when too many tabs have been left open. Also, a large amount of my disk capacity seems to be...