Windows 10: Multiple Software not working: Windows Essentials, Acronis, Windows Up

Discus and support Multiple Software not working: Windows Essentials, Acronis, Windows Up in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi All- First time posting here and fingers crossed. I have a new Alienware PC that came with Windows 8.1. Everything was working great. I went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by tpatodd, Aug 14, 2015.

1. tpatodd Win User

Multiple Software not working: Windows Essentials, Acronis, Windows Up

Hi All-

First time posting here and fingers crossed.

I have a new Alienware PC that came with Windows 8.1. Everything was working great. I went on vacation and came back last Saturday the 8th. Turned it on and let it run. I believe several patches were installed (MS updates). Strangely, I noticed my Acronis Trueimage 2015 was stuck at "calculating" for the next job.

Now onto Windows 10. I noticed that the update was available and thought I could fix Acronis after the W10 upgrade. Upgrade complete... no issues, no errors, looked good.

Since upgrading I noticed Windows Live mail would just hang on the intro screen. Uninstalled. Upon re-install of Windows Essentials it just hangs on the install screen

Acronis: Uninstalled, reinstalled. It is still hanging on the "calculating time"

Windows update: I thought, "maybe there is a patch out there". When I run Windows update it shows (3) available. When I tell it to install/download it just hangs at 0% downloading.

I have to think all of these issues tie back to something common. I am not software savy enough to know where to start.

The only step I have taken so far is to make sure Java is on the latest version. After that-- still all the same symptoms.

Advice, direction, suggestions appreciated!

Thanks!

:)

tpatodd, Aug 14, 2015
  2. DreamOn Win User

Windows 10 Disk usage 100 %

Essentially: Those who have Acronis True Image 2015 for Windows 10 installed will likely see a freeze of their Win10 system. On Acronis's forums, quite a few people have listed the same problem. To Microsoft: Why would a Acronis product which worked in Win7
    and Win 8.x, freeze Win10?

The freeze is, that after 5 to 15 minutes, the Disk I/O of Drive 0 (C) goes to 100 %. When this happened, the machine is dead, only power off works.

DreamOn, Aug 14, 2015
  3. Can't backup- Can't do File History-Can't Create System Image-Can't create System Repair Disk

Took your advice and gave up on Windows Backup. Bought the Acronis True Image Backup software. Couldn't be happier. Fast learning curve, and it is working like a charm. Thanks again.

AytacErcen, Aug 14, 2015
  4. WhyMe Win User

Are you using the latest versions of all these software products? For instance, Acronis True Image 2015 for Windows 10 is build #6613.
    What build are you currently using/installing?

Acronis Products: Windows 10 Support

WhyMe, Aug 14, 2015
  5. tpatodd Win User
    Yes, I am running 6613.

As the topic indicates several packages have stopped working, even Windows Updates. There must be something they all use in common that is amiss.

Acronis 6613
    Windows Essentials - latest off the MS Site
    Windows Update - ??

TIA!

tpatodd, Aug 14, 2015
  6. fireberd Win User
    The Dell Community support forums would be a good place to post the problems. There is even a special forum just for Alienware users.

Owners Club - Dell Community

fireberd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Multiple Software not working: Windows Essentials, Acronis, Windows Up - Similar Threads - Multiple Software working

2. Windows Essential

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Essential: G'day,I tried to download Windows Essential. I received a message unabl to down load it. try again. i thried twice. I have Windows 10.I would appreciate any help please.Cheers Perry...
  3. Windows Essential

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Essential: G'day,I tried to download Windows Essential. I received a message unabl to down load it. try again. i thried twice. I have Windows 10.I would appreciate any help please.Cheers Perry...
  4. Windows Essential

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows Server 2019 Essentials Freezing due to Antivirus Software

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Server 2019 Essentials Freezing due to Antivirus Software: I am running windows server 2019 essentials evaluation edition wanted to evaluate for at least 3months before purchasing a license. We have one server which is also the File server, AD, DHCP server and DNS server. I have Quickbooks 2014 and 2020 Database service in this...
  6. Windows Server 2019 Essentials Freezing due to Antivirus Software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Server 2019 Essentials Freezing due to Antivirus Software: I am running windows server 2019 essentials evaluation edition wanted to evaluate for at least 3months before purchasing a license. We have one server which is also the File server, AD, DHCP server and DNS server. I have Quickbooks 2014 and 2020 Database service in this...
  7. Windows Essentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Essentials: I ran wlarp.exe to rebuild windows live mail and it deleted all my records and program. How do I recover? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-essentials/9f26bcf1-eb8f-49b4-b253-c0c8faa95943"
  8. ESSENTIAL SOFTWARES AND DRIVERS FOR GAMING ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ESSENTIAL SOFTWARES AND DRIVERS FOR GAMING ?: I HAVE A NEW GAMING PC AND GAMES BUT THEY NEED DRIVERS FOR RUNNING SO CAN ANYONE LIST ALL ESSENTIAL SOFTWARES AND DRIVERS LIKE MICROSOFT VISUAL C++ AND OTHERS BECAUSE I DONT KNOW ABOUT THEM :(...
  9. Windows Essentials

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Essentials: One thing I found (I did an in-place upgrade) is that Windows Live Mail stopped working. Even when I added a new account it couldn't connect. I ended up using the Outlook App 2378
  10. windows essential software ..?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows essential software ..?: windows essentials for copying and editing my home made family video on dvd.. It is about 200 minutes long but one of the sections within contains a 5 minutes portion I wish to capture and furthur edit and upload to youtube .. Is there any free software for my windows 10...