Windows 10: Multiple stages for login info?

Discus and support Multiple stages for login info? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is there a way to have multiple login options required? (say a fingerprint *and* and PIN or password?) (Would this really slow down say a hacker who... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by surfer2938, May 10, 2016.

1. Multiple stages for login info?

Is there a way to have multiple login options required? (say a fingerprint *and* and PIN or password?)

(Would this really slow down say a hacker who stole your computer anyway? [I may be travelling this summer overseas and am a little bit paranoid].)

Thanks

P.S. I don't have a touchscreen.

:)

surfer2938, May 10, 2016

2. Windows 10 pro stucks at loading page.

I upgraded my windows 10 pro OS using the windows upgrade assistant. It took me several hours with multiple reboots. It got to the stage before the login page, the whole system turned black/Gray. I waited for almost a day without shorting it down
    but nothing still happened. I never done anything rather than pressing the power off butting. I need advice on what to do to enable me login. Thank you.

FIDEL LAMBS, May 10, 2016
  3. Windows 10 pro stucks at loading page.

I upgraded my windows 10 pro OS using the windows upgrade assistant. It took me several hours with multiple reboots. It got to the stage before the login page, the whole system turned black/Gray. I waited for almost a day without shorting it down
    but nothing still happened. I never done anything rather than pressing the power off butting. I need advice on what to do to enable me login. Thank you.

FIDEL LAMBS, May 10, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Multiple stages for login info?

You should be able to set a user password in BIOS that would be required to even boot the computer. But that is easily reset.

NavyLCDR, May 10, 2016
Thema:

Multiple stages for login info?

1. Multiple stages for login info? - Similar Threads - Multiple stages login

2. Change Windows Administrator without login info

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change Windows Administrator without login info: Hello- one of my former employees somehow became the windows administrator of my business computer. I need to get her out of there asap, but cant because I obviously dont know her password. How can I change this immediately so she no longer controls our computer? Thank you...
  3. Change Windows Administrator without login info

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Windows Administrator without login info: Hello- one of my former employees somehow became the windows administrator of my business computer. I need to get her out of there asap, but cant because I obviously dont know her password. How can I change this immediately so she no longer controls our computer? Thank you...
  4. Game is staging.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game is staging.: I recently played Football Manager 2021, and when I launched it, the game wouldn't advance past the loading screen. I accessed my task manager, and it said that my game was staging. I would like to know what that means and what I should to make my game run faster?...
  5. Enforce multiple login types on login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Enforce multiple login types on login: I'm doing a little research here and I'm trying to confirm an idea that I have and I'm not sure if it's even possible. I want to purchase a surface go to carry with me and I want to be able to remote back into my home devices when I'm on the go if necessary. If it's ever...
  6. Win10 - Not retaining Google and Skpe login Info

in Browsers and Email
    Win10 - Not retaining Google and Skpe login Info: I have a Windows 10 version 1903 laptop and am running Outlook with a Gmail account configured in it. Everyday when I startup the Laptop I will need to input my Google and Skype login information to have it log into these accounts. Each time I login to the Google account I...
  7. Win10 - Not retaining Google and Skpe login Info

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 - Not retaining Google and Skpe login Info: I have a Windows 10 version 1903 laptop and am running Outlook with a Gmail account configured in it. Everyday when I startup the Laptop I will need to input my Google and Skype login information to have it log into these accounts. Each time I login to the Google account I...
  8. Multiple Win device login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple Win device login: I recently bought two windows device 1 Dell inspiron Win 10 and 2 Lenovo AIO Win 10. I setup both with my Microsoft account however, I want to remove myself completely from Lenovo device as only my family will use it. Please help me to register another login to Lenovo and...
  9. Multiple users on login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Multiple users on login screen: Hi guys I'd like to use Prey project on my notebook. I recently updated from windows 8 pro to windows 10. Prey software is effective only if thief can use my notebook. I set up guest account without password but every time i start computer I have to enter username and...
  10. NAS forgets login info on every restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NAS forgets login info on every restart: So my roommate has a server with NAS for movies and tv shows. A separate drive for each (partitions). He gave me a bat file to set them up which works. However every time I restart my computer, they show disconnected. When I double click either of them, it says the login...