Windows 10: Multiple Startup Issues

Discus and support Multiple Startup Issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone, So this is my first post on TenForums. Basically, I built a PC a few months ago and installed the Windows 10 student edition on it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jbowers413, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Multiple Startup Issues

Hello everyone,

So this is my first post on TenForums. Basically, I built a PC a few months ago and installed the Windows 10 student edition on it. After a short time, some strange happenings have occurred.

The most important issue is the random start up. From a complete shut down, my PC will turn itself on at night if I don't use it for 1-2 days. I thought that this may have something to do with Windows updates, but I tried fixing it a while back and the problem persists. I'd like to stop this from happening.

Another problem that occurs ~70% of the time that I use my PC is the blank desktop. I start my PC normally, type in my password, and all of my desktop icons are missing. When I go to Desktop in the File Explorer, it takes a long time to load (but files are present). This problem is easily fixed; when I restart the PC, the icons are back. This restart runs much more slowly than normal, however. The entire restart process takes less than 30 seconds normally, but takes much longer than that after the desktop icons have disappeared.

Have similar problems happened to any of you? I would greatly appreciate any help *Smile

Thanks,

Jeremy

:)

jbowers413, Jan 24, 2016

2. Multiple issues with Startup

Hi Aiko,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your duplicate account, when you say you only have a Restart, Shutdown, and no Cortana, are you referring to the account that you wish to delete?

There is a possibility that your duplicate account is corrupted. It is normal to get a warning note if you are tying to delete a profile. This is to make sure that the user is aware of the possibility of losing some files. It is important to back up your
    files before proceeding with the process. For more information on how to delete use profile, you may check this
    article, and follow the steps to resolve this.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jan 24, 2016
  3. Multiple issues with Startup

Dear Microsoft Community,

I have a similar problem that was replied by: Nyima Yonten.

I clicked the REPLY after the suggestion given to remove a duplicate user name at Startup but it did not allow me to send my Reply there.

Found this page and I hope someone can help resolve my issues:

1) I have 2 user names that belong to me. It is a duplicate icon. I can login from both which takes me to my screen. I am trying to delete one from the Settings- Family Account- there is a WARNING note that said- the account user will lose everything if
    so.

2) The 2 accounts has my Picture and the saem password. One login will take me to a large icon page which I do not like so I Restart once or twice to bring back my desired page.

3) i also notice that i only have a Restart and Shutdown link on the Power link. Tried to follow the Windows 10 instructions but it never fixed the problem to bring back the Sleep link.

4) My login question is: can I ignore the Lose Warning Note and Delete my Duplicate Login name? How did this happen? I am using a Local Account (Chrome).

5) I also noticed that I no longer have Cortana on my screen

Thank you, aiko

Moved from:
    Windows
    /
    Windows 10
    /
    Windows settings

Women's Club, Jan 24, 2016
Thema:

Multiple Startup Issues

1. Multiple Startup Issues - Similar Threads - Multiple Startup Issues

2. Issue with Windows 10 startup time - Multiple PCs/Laptops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Windows 10 startup time - Multiple PCs/Laptops: Having an issue with multiple home laptops/PCs dealing with a slow boot time and takes 20+ mins to get to the login screen. Just leaves the user with a spinning circle and "Please wait" message screenshot attached. Only started happening within the last week. Happening on...
  3. Issue with Windows 10 startup time - Multiple PCs/Laptops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Windows 10 startup time - Multiple PCs/Laptops: Having an issue with multiple home laptops/PCs dealing with a slow boot time and takes 20+ mins to get to the login screen. Just leaves the user with a spinning circle and "Please wait" message screenshot attached. Only started happening within the last week. Happening on...
  4. Issue with Windows 10 startup time - Multiple PCs/Laptops

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Multiple Issues, Multiple struggles.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Issues, Multiple struggles.: With a recent moment I have noticed a multitude of bitcoin mining viruses upon my pc. With a few malwarebyte scans and a personal cmd batch I made myself, I have personally managed to remove each and every last one of the lil' bastards. Not sure how they got there to begin...
  6. Multiple Issues, Multiple struggles.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple Issues, Multiple struggles.: With a recent moment I have noticed a multitude of bitcoin mining viruses upon my pc. With a few malwarebyte scans and a personal cmd batch I made myself, I have personally managed to remove each and every last one of the lil' bastards. Not sure how they got there to begin...
  7. multiple BSOD's after startup

multiple BSOD's after startup: To start off, my specs: Win10 64-bit AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Asrock B450 PRO4 2x Corsair 16 GB DDR4-3200 970 EVO PLUS SSD be quiet! Pure Power 11 600W CM BSOD's usually happen in the morning 1-2 times, or when I run games/programs that heavily use the GPU. I also noticed that they...
  8. Multiple issues

Multiple issues: Hi, suddenly this past monday I experienced a variety of issues and this is what i am still experiencing as well as what i have done to dateCurrent issues- chrome and edge continuously gives 'status access violation' errors- windows update cannot be completed, different error...
  9. Multiple explorer.exe process on startup

Multiple explorer.exe process on startup: Usually the 2nd explorer.exe consumes my RAM bout 2 gig or 1 gig and i didnt even open any explorer window in the background. I wonder is it caused by a software or just bug.[ATTACH]...
  10. Multiple BSOD after startup

Multiple BSOD after startup: Hello, I've had problems with BSOD for years now and decided to get myself a new GPU for Christmas as the old one was the reason for most of my crashes. After I installed the new one the amount of BSOD decreased but I'm still having them on startup and now I can also get...