Windows 10: multiple .sys files showing as critical, but computer is stable.

Discus and support multiple .sys files showing as critical, but computer is stable. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone, thanks for taking the time to read this. I was just browsing through windows and I stumbled upon the system information window, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Marco Faricelli, Aug 5, 2018.

1. multiple .sys files showing as critical, but computer is stable.

Hello everyone, thanks for taking the time to read this.

I was just browsing through windows and I stumbled upon the system information window, I noticed it could show you drivers status and I had recently fixed an issue with a removable hard drives' driver that caused my PC to take ages to boot and to power down (everything would go black for 10 secs or so and then it would actually power down).

after scrolling, I noticed a couple of critical ones, no big deal I thought, but they seem to be really important kernel drivers:

windowstrustedrt.sys running/critical

volume.sys,volsnap.sys,volmgrx.sys and volmgr.sys are running and critical

vdrvroot.sys,pdc.sys,rdyboost.sys,pci.sys,partmgr,ndis,msisadrv running/critical

stornvme,storahci,spaceport,pciide,nvstor are stopped critical

is this something is should be worried about?

if yes...help?

thanks!

:)

Marco Faricelli, Aug 5, 2018

2. Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

multiple .sys files showing as critical, but computer is stable. partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, Aug 5, 2018
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 5, 2018
  4. 3billy3 Win User

multiple .sys files showing as critical, but computer is stable.

Windows 10 says that documents folder is a .sys file

Thanks for the suggestion Ztrucker, there was an S attribute set and I have done as you suggested.

Now, in explorer the Documents folder shows as a "file"???

multiple .sys files showing as critical, but computer is stable. [​IMG]

3billy3, Aug 5, 2018
Thema:

multiple .sys files showing as critical, but computer is stable.

1. multiple .sys files showing as critical, but computer is stable. - Similar Threads - multiple sys files

2. Help with file igdkmd64.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with file igdkmd64.sys: On my windows 7 laptop i got a message saying filename igdkmd64.sys it sounds suspicious and it says it slows my laptop down when resuming from sleep can anyone give some advice? but i think windows 7 went out of service....
  3. Critical Files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Critical Files: Hi all. Using this Eset Nod32 Tool I've seen that there are 2 critical Host files. Someone know how to delete these two files manually?? thanks[ATTACH]?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/critical-files/38fbbe8b-bb57-4df8-83a8-9bab2bba7b58
  4. multiple duplicate files listed on computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    multiple duplicate files listed on computer: how do I just have my one set of files on my computer. When I go to save as, my file explorer shows 3 different places my file should save to i.e., PC, One Drive, then my file in under my name. I am always losing my last updated file. How can I have just one listing on...
  5. Unbelievably large .sys files...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unbelievably large .sys files...: (I was unsure which topic to choose ; this might be more appropriate under the Windows settings topic (?)) Is it acceptable*, or normal, or whatever, for a "new" system with barely a couple gigabytes of personal data to have ridiculously oversized .sys files ? [ATTACH] I...
  6. sys file

sys file: There is error of sys file if you want to reomve this error then you visit our site https://unfitpc.com/asinshelp64-sys, it will be fruitful for you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-windows_skype/sys-file/414caabe-824d-4938-b5ee-70989d4c1a04
  7. Multiple SYSTEM drives show in File Explorer.

Multiple SYSTEM drives show in File Explorer.: While doing a system backup today on one of my machines using EaseUs Backup app, it failed to write to the usual folder on a USB external HD. I investigated and found the folder could not indeed be written too. I disconnected the drive and connected it to another PC and found...
  8. Multiple BSODs - dxgmms2.sys, volsnap.sys, bcmwl63a.sys and more.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple BSODs - dxgmms2.sys, volsnap.sys, bcmwl63a.sys and more.: Hello, I built my own computer a few weeks ago and since day one I have been getting BSODs from it and I can't seem to narrow down the issue. I've been receiving BSODs such as: - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (dxgmms2.sys) - KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED (volsnap.sys)...
  9. Bsod on several .sys files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod on several .sys files: Hello, I`ve got several bsods on several .sys files. Tried to reinstall AMD video drivers, run sfc /scannnow and cleanup registry, run memtest (no issues found)... Nothing helped *Sad Latest bsods were caused by: fileinfo.sys, atikmdag.sys, ntoskrnl.exe. Dumps attached. 43605
  10. missing file - ASPI32.sys

in Windows 10 Support
    missing file - ASPI32.sys: I opened autoruns tonight on my 64-bit Windows 10 PC and noticed it lists a file missing: C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\ASPI32.sys It is however in my SysWOW64 folder. My PC is new but I've been installing all my software (and un-installing a few along the way) and I'm...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windowstrustedrt.sys missing server