Windows 10: Multiple types of BSOD after ~30 minutes of gaming

Discus and support Multiple types of BSOD after ~30 minutes of gaming in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone! First of all, thanks for helping me out, would be nice if the problem can be solved after about 2 months of dealing with a BSOD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Maik, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Maik Win User

Multiple types of BSOD after ~30 minutes of gaming

Hello everyone!

First of all, thanks for helping me out, would be nice if the problem can be solved after about 2 months of dealing with a BSOD every day. It happened, more on this later, only once a day and the BSOD was not 1080p which made me think of a GPU driver related issue. As you guys will see in the logs, it was related to nVidia in some way.
    After removing the Geforce Experience and disabling all the nVidia processes I still got multiple BSOD.

Yesterday, I live in Europe, I decided to see if it could be solved by taking out the GPU and the RAM and putting them back in. Before I did that, I removed my GPU driver using DDU and got all the electric power out by removing the power cord and pressing the on/off switch multiple times.
    After that I re-installed my GPU driver, beforehand I was using the newest, then I removed that one and replaced it with 362.00 (which didn't solve my problem) and then took out my GPU and RAM. It is running the newest one now which is version 368.22. This solved my problem with the BSOD not being 1080p so I thought it wasn't GPU driver related anymore.

I got two BSOD that same day, both while playing The Division. I debugged them and saw that one was network related, or something, and the other one gave a memory crash, or something. BTW, I looked at my BSOD using BlueScreenViewer and debugged them using WinDbg.
    I did a 1-pass memtest with both my sticks. After that I removed one stick, furthest away from the CPU, and let it run overnight. It passed 9 passes, almost 10, during 12 hours. Then I removed the stick and put the other one in, at the same spot it was before testing. I left for school so it didn't run as long. It ran 8 hours straight with 5 passes.

There was no overclock on my system but I did do a small overclock in the past. It was built 12th of December, so it is fairly new, almost 6 months now. After I removed the overclock, since it kept crashing and I had no time to look into it (could be the same issue as I am having now), I had no BSOD or crash for about 2 - 3 months.

Like I said, these errors came in unexpectedly during gaming. They started appearing ~2 months ago and the weird thing is, before I took out the GPU and RAM, it only happened once a day and the BSOD screen wasn't 1080p.

I haven't played any games yet today since I am quite busy with school. I decided to post this so you guys can start debugging yourself and see what the problems are.

I included the required files.

Thanks for your time guys,

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I did a clean install of Windows 10 since I thought it might resolve the issues, that is why there aren't DUMP files from about 2 months now. I didn't upgrade from Windows 7 or 8. I built the PC myself.

EDIT 2: Also forgot to mention that I have had more black screen restarts than BSOD pre 1 week before taking out the GPU and RAM.

:)

Maik, Jun 5, 2016
  2. Skyyguy Win User

Multiple different types of BSOD - Windows 10 - Memory issues

I ran Memtest86 and through deduction of my Ram's, I found out that one of them was faulty. I removed the stick and everything seems to be stable, for now.

Skyyguy, Jun 5, 2016
  3. Skyyguy Win User
    Multiple different types of BSOD - Windows 10 - Memory issues

The PC was running fine for a few hours, but when I restarted it, I got a memory managment error BSOD.

Here are the dmp files http://1drv.ms/1QqjYPM

Skyyguy, Jun 5, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Dump indicates a problem with iaStorA.sys. iaStorA.sys is the Intel RST (Rapid Storage Technology) driver.

Code: ffffd000`266f51c8 fffff801`3cbd4252Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\iaStorA.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for iaStorA.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for iaStorA.sys iaStorA+0x44252[/quote] Install both of the drivers listed under Chipset here: Z170-A | Motherboards | ASUS USA

Attachment 83781

See if that helps.

Ztruker, Jun 6, 2016
  5. Maik Win User
    Ah thanks for the help. I will download the drivers as soon as I can since I could download them this afternoon, but I won't have time to test if the BSOD will still occur. That would be as soon as Wednesday.

Maik, Jun 6, 2016
  6. Maik Win User
    Maik, Jun 6, 2016
  7. Ztruker Win User
    Please upload all files here, not to other upload sites.

Download and install the latest one of these: Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) RAID Driver

Click this https://www.tenforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=83937&s=c1e8b753a573dc6e5ffc1ac8c4009171 on the left side of the page to download the 64 bit updated driver.
    Click this https://www.tenforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=83943&s=c1e8b753a573dc6e5ffc1ac8c4009171 on the left side of the page to download the 32 bit updated driver.

Ztruker, Jun 7, 2016
  8. Maik Win User

I have installed the required drivers. However, I still got a crash after 20 minutes of playing. I attached the zipped .DUMP file, the right way this time around.

EDIT: It looks like it reset itself to an earlier state, the latest .DUMP file I have, except for the one I just got, is from 05-06-2016. I am missing the ones from yesterday.

Maik, Jun 7, 2016
  9. Ztruker Win User
    Please run the DM_Log_collector tool again and upload the zip file here. I need to see the dates of drivers as they are now.

Ztruker, Jun 8, 2016
  10. Maik Win User
  11. Maik Win User
  12. Maik Win User
    This is from axe0. I messaged him since you live in the USA and since there is just that big of a time gap, which makes resolving the issue a rather slow process. He asked me to the before mentioned.

First off all, I used MemTest86 to stress-test my RAM. I don't have the screenshots or any pictures since I ran that a few days ago. This didn't show any errors after testing both sticks individually. The first one passed 9 times over a period of 12 hours and the other one passed 5 times over a period of 8 hours, I couldn't test it any longer since I had to use the PC.

My RAM is running on 2133 mHz and it is running on 1.2 V. I am running the XMP profile, but will disable that since it isn't needed.
    I will reset the BIOS first, to the point where I won't even change the duration of the ROM messages to see if that works. If I get another crash after that I will uninstall the Norton AV and use WD to see if that resolves the issue.

EDIT: I did actually do a clean reset of the BIOS and DID enable the XMP profile for the RAM which made it run on the specified timings and on the 1.2V instead of the "Auto" voltage. The BIOS prompted with a message asking me to also enable the CPU optimisations which was part of the XMP profile which I said NO to.

13. Maik Win User

After I reset the BIOS, while playing Watch_Dogs for the first time (which means new things being installed), I got another BSOD. I uninstalled Norton using the tutorial you guys had on the forums and enabled Windows Defender. It is scanning right now.
    I don't have any other AV or AM, I am only running Windows Defender as of this moment.

Since this will (hopefully) be the last post with any new crash, I will update the other posts and basically reference them to this post. I have run the dm_log_collector once again after uninstalling Norton, I have attached it. This will also contain the crashes of today.

14. Maik Win User
    I got a black restart today for a change.

15. Maik Win User
    I got another BSOD which was 1080p and I just saw that yesterday, when I got the blackscreen restart, there was also a .DUMP file generated. It is included in the zipped folder.

Thema:

1. Multiple types of BSOD after ~30 minutes of gaming - Similar Threads - Multiple types BSOD

2. ntosknrl.exe BSOD after 30 minutes to multiple hours of pc running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ntosknrl.exe BSOD after 30 minutes to multiple hours of pc running: My pc will run fine for only a half hour or up to hours on end, but it will eventually bluescreen. I recently upgraded my cpu, and the BSOD happened the day after and continues to happen, not sure if thats the issue. I'd suspect my PC not be able to run if it had to do with...
  3. ntosknrl.exe BSOD after 30 minutes to multiple hours of pc running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ntosknrl.exe BSOD after 30 minutes to multiple hours of pc running: My pc will run fine for only a half hour or up to hours on end, but it will eventually bluescreen. I recently upgraded my cpu, and the BSOD happened the day after and continues to happen, not sure if thats the issue. I'd suspect my PC not be able to run if it had to do with...
  4. ntosknrl.exe BSOD after 30 minutes to multiple hours of pc running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ntosknrl.exe BSOD after 30 minutes to multiple hours of pc running: It started a day after I upgraded my CPU but im not sure if that has anything to do with it. I've tried sfc scan, chkdsk, windows startup repair, etc....
  5. ntosknrl.exe BSOD after 30 minutes to multiple hours of pc running

ntosknrl.exe BSOD after 30 minutes to multiple hours of pc running: It started a day after I upgraded my CPU but im not sure if that has anything to do with it. I've tried sfc scan, chkdsk, windows startup repair, etc....
  6. Games crash after every 30 minutes on my gaming pc

Games crash after every 30 minutes on my gaming pc: I got a very powerful gaming pc for about 5 months now and when I started to play games again like fortnite after months of not playing, the game would crash after 30 to 60 minutes or so, unreal engine would say the game has crashed. So I ran it again and after 30 minutes it...
  7. BSOD 30 minutes after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD 30 minutes after startup: Hi,I recently did a fresh install of Windows, upgrading to Windows 11. For the first week it was working well, but after today, I've been having issues. I downloaded some updates the day the issues started, but the pc crashed before the reboot that was supposed to install...
  8. BSOD 30 minutes after startup

BSOD 30 minutes after startup: Hi,I recently did a fresh install of Windows, upgrading to Windows 11. For the first week it was working well, but after today, I've been having issues. I downloaded some updates the day the issues started, but the pc crashed before the reboot that was supposed to install...
  9. BSOD after 15-30 minutes of gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after 15-30 minutes of gaming: Hello, hoping someone can help diagnose the cause of recent BSODs. I suspect it is a driver issue as my computer crashes within minutes of running driver verifier. I've tried updating all drivers and bios from the manufacturer's website and a clean install of Windows 10....
  10. BSOD after 30 minutes after boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after 30 minutes after boot: I run Win10 under Parallels at MacBook. Few days ago it started to crash about 30 minutes after boot. I don't need to do anything, just wait and it will die. Usually it's REGISTRY_ERROR, but sometimes another error. sfc shows some errors, but they don't look dangerous....