Windows 10: Multiple updates for same cumulative updates.

Discus and support Multiple updates for same cumulative updates. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Cumulative updates are getting repeated in spite of successful installation. I have posted three weeks ago for ..102. Now again it has happened. Please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by lvgandhi, Jun 17, 2017.

1. lvgandhi Win User

Multiple updates for same cumulative updates.

Cumulative updates are getting repeated in spite of successful installation. I have posted three weeks ago for ..102. Now again it has happened. Please see pic below.

Multiple updates for same cumulative updates. [​IMG]

Is there something wrong with me or MS is failing? If I am wrong some where please advise me. For me, sfc /scannow was ok after original update of KB4022725 on 14 jun 2017.

:)

lvgandhi, Jun 17, 2017

2. Windows 10 Anniversary Edition Start Menu, App, Settings, Personalize Trouble

The cumulative update was already installed.

I decided to retry the entire upgrade. I did a system image back to the previous version, installed all updates and updated drivers, and reinstalled the upgrade to the anniversary edition. The cumulative updates were installed automatically.

The problem persists.

I'm going to experiment with the applications running for each user. Perhaps there is an issue with one application with fast user switching or with the same application being run by multiple users at the same time.

Buddybradle, Jun 17, 2017
  3. Cortana is lazy, doesn't like to work:

• I told her to finish all the **** my boss told me to do on the computer. Just like in Star Trek.
    • I fell over a few times being total in intoxicated from my short lunch.
    • Not anymore. I through the machine out the window.

Updates Bite, Jun 17, 2017
  4. Multiple updates for same cumulative updates.

Hi Ivagandhi.

Any chance you are running any kind of disk cleanup program on a regular or scheduled basis?

While normally you run the Update Trouble Shooter to fix the situation that is preventing the installation of updates maybe you need to run to set what ever it is that is not being logged correctly.

Shouldn't hurt.

You can find under the heading Update and security within settings. Or search in settings for Troubleshoot.

Here is a link to a manual way to reset.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...f-468311f4edd6

The manual process for sure will erase update history that you see.

Before attempting fixes I would ensure I have an Image created by a tool like Macrium Reflect. Always have a plan B.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 19, 2017
  5. lvgandhi Win User
    Thanks Mr.Ken.
    I do disk cleaning weekly with commands so that all unwanted update left overs are cleaned.

%SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c Cleanmgr /sageset:65535 & Cleanmgr /sagerun:65535
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase

Will it affect the info?

lvgandhi, Jun 19, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Certain updates (only a couple or so) are updated periodically by MS and thus reapplied with updated data. However, I don't know if that applies to this particular one.

dalchina, Jun 19, 2017
  7. When I searched the issue on another forum it was pointing to disk cleanup activities. Seems crazy as disk clean up only ( or supposedly) cleans files no longer required. Some found stopping it provided relief.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Multiple updates for same cumulative updates.

1. Multiple updates for same cumulative updates. - Similar Threads - Multiple updates same

2. Cumulative Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cumulative Updates: I have Windows 10 Home 64bits.Why does it take 2 hours to download and install cumulative updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cumulative-updates/800ed2c8-f73a-4460-a903-c5ae410787d9
  3. Cumulative updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cumulative updates: so I got pop up saying this is available for up dates I installed it will it wreck my unit ? hope not ? I was on 10 for windows now 11 as well: my down loads and up dates are normally fast but for this program it was slow took almost 45 min:...
  4. Cumulative updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cumulative updates: I have been trying since the end of February to update the "Cumulative update KB5011487, Version 10 x64 based system". The update will not go as I keep getting the message "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes". Could someone please help me with this?...
  5. Cumulative Updates

Cumulative Updates: In my corporate environment we are deploying cumulative updates for Windows 10 devices. When deploying a new device is is enough to install the latest cumulative update 2021-12 for December 2021 or do all previous cumulative updates need to be applied?I guess my question is:...
  6. Cumulative Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cumulative Updates: In my corporate environment we are deploying cumulative updates for Windows 10 devices. When deploying a new device is is enough to install the latest cumulative update 2021-12 for December 2021 or do all previous cumulative updates need to be applied?I guess my question is:...
  7. Cumulative Update

Cumulative Update: Hi, I have been trying to update the 2021-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based System KB5006670 for months now and I keep getting Failed to install on 11/14/2021-0x8007003.After restart it will say getting windows ready but then will say could not...
  8. Cumulative Update

Cumulative Update: My computer did the update and then somehow after the reboot, I was signed in as a temporary user. Some updates didn't update correctly causing apps to not open, emails to not work, etc. So i had to Reset the computer. Most of my files are back and I had to pause updates from...
  9. When is a Cumulative Update not a Cumulative Update?

When is a Cumulative Update not a Cumulative Update?: I've just completed a clean install of Windows 10 v1809 (Build 17763.292) x64 After running Windows Update to get the latest patches, I found that it had downloaded two versions of 2019-01 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.7.2 for Windows 10 Version...
  10. Cumulative updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cumulative updates: Hi All, I am having problems with the latest updates downloading and installing on my Desktop computer.. A search of the internet for Error code: (0x80073712) seems this is not a new occurrence, but it is new to me. The windows update detects there is this: Cumulative...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. same cumulative update