Windows 10: Multiple users on login screen

Discus and support Multiple users on login screen in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi guys I'd like to use Prey project on my notebook. I recently updated from windows 8 pro to windows 10. Prey software is effective only if thief can... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by atrevc, Nov 5, 2015.

1. atrevc Win User

Multiple users on login screen

Hi guys
    I'd like to use Prey project on my notebook. I recently updated from windows 8 pro to windows 10. Prey software is effective only if thief can use my notebook.
    I set up guest account without password but every time i start computer I have to enter username and password. the same situation was when i used win8. I tried this Sign in - Show All Users or Last User in Windows 8
    Also created aconther account with password- still i have to enter username.
    How can i get windows to list users on startup? Or alternative to Prey project?

:)

atrevc, Nov 5, 2015

2. Windows 10 - Login prompt - On-Screen keyboard or Keyboard layout change

See if pressing Win+Spacebar does anything different.

The Accessibility menu button should always be there. The OSK can be activated that way.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Nov 5, 2015
  3. Ipara Win User
    Windows 10 login issue

The above method is fine if I want to login as a "other user", but I want the screen to pop up and show the users on my computer so I can select which user I want to log into the computer with.

With having the "other user" screen come up I have to input the name in order to log into that account.

A screen needs to come up that has the different account users on the computer and then allow you to log into that account. This method needs to be the same as it was in Windows 7. I can get the correct login screen via the method I first described in my
    question, but it's a bad work around. Is it that complicated to simply create a login screen if a computer has multiple accounts on it and then be able to select the account you want to log into? This should be a simple fix since this is how you used to log
    into a multiple account computer.

Ipara, Nov 5, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello atrevc, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Using the tutorial below to enable displaying user names on the sign-in screen should have all users display on the sign-in screen again instead of having to enter both a user name and password to sign in.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/9...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Nov 5, 2015
  5. atrevc Win User
    Thank you. Second method worked like a charm.

atrevc, Nov 5, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Multiple users on login screen - Similar Threads - Multiple users login

2. Another user appeared on login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Another user appeared on login screen: Well, I have this problem... I had configured from netplwiz to not have to put password to start the session since I am the only one who uses the pc and I think it can not be deactivated if one has the microsoft account linked to the user of Windows. Then one day a new...
  3. Show multiple active directory users on win 10 login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Show multiple active directory users on win 10 login screen: I would like to list on windows 10 sign in screen the employees who are using the computer. Currently it only lists the last logged on and "Other User", I need everyone's profile to show, just like when multiple users lock their current session and someone else logs in....
  4. Change color user login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change color user login screen: I have searched for hours trying to find out how to change the color of the user login screen. Mine is the ugliest color. None of the information I found on Windows 8 will work on Windows 10. There is another post regarding this on this site but I am unable to open its answer...
  5. Issue with users switching on the login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Issue with users switching on the login screen: /!\ Merry Christmas to all ! /!\ [img] My problem : Alt+F4 give me the option of switching users but only the current user "nemo" is selectable All users are set active including the built-in Administrator [img] [img]...
  6. What is "password" user in user list at login screen?

What is "password" user in user list at login screen?: [img] What is this? How can I remove it from login screen? 13747
  7. How to display multiple local user accounts at login screen?

How to display multiple local user accounts at login screen?: Hello, My laptop is joined to a domain. In addition I created a number of local user accounts. I would like that all local accounts always appear every time I start the computer. Now only the last account logged in shows up, together with the 'Other' option. Kind...
  8. Cannot Login. Missing users on login screen.

Cannot Login. Missing users on login screen.: I have a problem with an old aspire 5920. I've upgraded it correctly to the latest build of Win10 32bit. I was already on a clean Win10 installation. Now I cannot logon anymore because the logon screen is just empty. If I press enter the clock/screensaver disappear but the...
  9. If auto-login is enabled there is NO User picture on Login screen

If auto-login is enabled there is NO User picture on Login screen: If auto-login is enabled there is NO User picture on Login screen This issue started with Redstone builds. This was not an issue with TH2. Many other Insiders have reported this on the Feedback Hub. I thought it would be fixed by now, but it still exists in Build...
  10. Duplicate users on login screen that shouldnt be there

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate users on login screen that shouldnt be there: this is where my issue arises when i try to auto login it comes up invalid pass/user. all of a sudden a new user has appeared [img] manage accounts shows only 1 user netplwiz shows only 1 user Attachment 41142 all default accounts are disabled [img] Where has...