Windows 10: Multiple users on login screen

Discus and support Multiple users on login screen in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi guys I'd like to use Prey project on my notebook. I recently updated from windows 8 pro to windows 10. Prey software is effective only if thief can... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by atrevc, Nov 5, 2015.

1. atrevc Win User

Multiple users on login screen

Hi guys
    I'd like to use Prey project on my notebook. I recently updated from windows 8 pro to windows 10. Prey software is effective only if thief can use my notebook.
    I set up guest account without password but every time i start computer I have to enter username and password. the same situation was when i used win8. I tried this Sign in - Show All Users or Last User in Windows 8
    Also created aconther account with password- still i have to enter username.
    How can i get windows to list users on startup? Or alternative to Prey project?

:)

atrevc, Nov 5, 2015

2. Windows 10 - Login prompt - On-Screen keyboard or Keyboard layout change

See if pressing Win+Spacebar does anything different.

The Accessibility menu button should always be there. The OSK can be activated that way.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Nov 5, 2015
  3. Ipara Win User
    Windows 10 login issue

The above method is fine if I want to login as a "other user", but I want the screen to pop up and show the users on my computer so I can select which user I want to log into the computer with.

With having the "other user" screen come up I have to input the name in order to log into that account.

A screen needs to come up that has the different account users on the computer and then allow you to log into that account. This method needs to be the same as it was in Windows 7. I can get the correct login screen via the method I first described in my
    question, but it's a bad work around. Is it that complicated to simply create a login screen if a computer has multiple accounts on it and then be able to select the account you want to log into? This should be a simple fix since this is how you used to log
    into a multiple account computer.

Ipara, Nov 5, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello atrevc, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Using the tutorial below to enable displaying user names on the sign-in screen should have all users display on the sign-in screen again instead of having to enter both a user name and password to sign in.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/9...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Nov 5, 2015
  5. atrevc Win User
    Thank you. Second method worked like a charm.

atrevc, Nov 5, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Multiple users on login screen - Similar Threads - Multiple users login

2. Login screen - multiple users showing when none is in settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login screen - multiple users showing when none is in settings: Hi, I wanted to share Windows 11 settings between my notebook and desktop. I use a Microsoft account for my notebook, and I've signed in with the same account on my PC, but nothing happened. I tried some options based on the manuals on the Microsoft website, but nothing seems...
  3. Login screen - multiple users showing when none is in settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login screen - multiple users showing when none is in settings: Hi, I wanted to share Windows 11 settings between my notebook and desktop. I use a Microsoft account for my notebook, and I've signed in with the same account on my PC, but nothing happened. I tried some options based on the manuals on the Microsoft website, but nothing seems...
  4. "Other user" at login screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Other user" at login screen?: My HP laptop suddenly restarted, then presented itself with the login screen, it made me input the username and password for some user named "other user", it did not me go into my original account which didn't even have a password in the first place. I've seen that a few...
  5. Unknown user on login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unknown user on login screen: I've just installed Windows 10 pro on a self build computer. My login screen shows 4 users which I will call Bill, Ben, Little Weed and Richard. Local users in computer management shows the following accounts; Bill, Ben, Little Weed, Administrator, default account, guest and...
  6. User accounts / login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User accounts / login screen: Hello, I have two issues and I suspect they are related. I am using Windows 10 version 1909. Ultimately, I want to disable the login screen when starting windows. I have unchecked the box that asks for a password under netplwiz, and unchecked the box for password login...
  7. User accounts / login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    User accounts / login screen: Hello, I have two issues and I suspect they are related. I am using Windows 10 version 1909. Ultimately, I want to disable the login screen when starting windows. I have unchecked the box that asks for a password under netplwiz, and unchecked the box for password login...
  8. How to get multiple users to show on login screen in Windows 10?

How to get multiple users to show on login screen in Windows 10?: I have searched high and low on the web for a solution to get multiple users to show on login screen in Windows 10. The best I could do is a workaround based on the Option One at the start of the thread. I provide this in case it helps someone else. It is not elegant, but...
  9. Show multiple active directory users on win 10 login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Show multiple active directory users on win 10 login screen: I would like to list on windows 10 sign in screen the employees who are using the computer. Currently it only lists the last logged on and "Other User", I need everyone's profile to show, just like when multiple users lock their current session and someone else logs in....
  10. How to display multiple local user accounts at login screen?

How to display multiple local user accounts at login screen?: Hello, My laptop is joined to a domain. In addition I created a number of local user accounts. I would like that all local accounts always appear every time I start the computer. Now only the last account logged in shows up, together with the 'Other' option. Kind...