Windows 10: Multiple users sharing same Windows 10 App

Discus and support Multiple users sharing same Windows 10 App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; If I want multiple users to share the same Windows Store app, in this case Kodi media player, it looks like I have to go into the store and install it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NavyLCDR, Mar 11, 2017.

1. NavyLCDR New Member

Multiple users sharing same Windows 10 App

If I want multiple users to share the same Windows Store app, in this case Kodi media player, it looks like I have to go into the store and install it for each user. Does that mean that the app actually gets downloaded and repeated in each user's folder? So now if I want 4 users to use a 400MB app, it is going to cost me 1.6GB total instead of a few KB to create just a shortcut?

If that's the case, I'm just going back to installing Kodi the old way.

:)

NavyLCDR, Mar 11, 2017
  2. CathyRnB Win User

Faulty message "It looks like you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permissions and try again."

I am having the same issue and I AM the IT Administrator. We are having this problem with multiple new Windows 10 PCs. The Windows 7 computers work fine accessing the same files on a shared drive, with the same logins (I have tested several)!

All users tested have appropriate access rights to these shared folders.

This is definitely an issue with Windows 10 Photos app. I can download any other photo app from the app store and it works just fine (or use Paint - but users want ability to scroll through multiple photos, not open one at a time)... so obviously this isn't
    actually an user permissions issue - it's an issue with the Photos app.

CathyRnB, Mar 11, 2017
  3. Sharing Apps - needs to be fixed

Windows Phone 7 and Windows Phone 8 both allow you to install apps on up to 5 devices just so long as the devices are set up with the same primary Outlook account (aka Windows Live account). The issue arises when different users want to share apps (set
    the phone up with the same primary account), but do not want to share the same contacts, calendar, windows live messaging and Facebook chat, etc features and functions. If you use the same primary Outlook account on multiple phones, you share everything else
    that is associated with the account.

Julie fka profjulie, Mar 11, 2017
  4. lx07 Win User

You can share store log-on (so you only have to pay once) but has to be downloaded and installed for each user.

Thema:

1. Multiple users sharing same Windows 10 App - Similar Threads - Multiple users sharing

2. Multiple of the same apps running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple of the same apps running: whenever i open task manager i keep having multiple instances of different programs running at the same time. Normally it would not be a big deal, but recently it has gotten "worse?" Some Apps like chrome i expected, but others im not too sure of. In the screenshot below are...
  3. Multiple of the same apps running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple of the same apps running: whenever i open task manager i keep having multiple instances of different programs running at the same time. Normally it would not be a big deal, but recently it has gotten "worse?" Some Apps like chrome i expected, but others im not too sure of. In the screenshot below are...
  4. Multiple of the same apps running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Multiple passwords on the same user?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple passwords on the same user?: Is it possible? submitted by /u/Baselmagdy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mn2o1u/multiple_passwords_on_the_same_user/
  6. Why can't family member users share apps on the same Windows 10 computer?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why can't family member users share apps on the same Windows 10 computer?: What is the reason -- other than forcing a family to purchase applications multiple times and thereby take more $$$ off them -- for blocking different family users from sharing the same set of installed apps on the same computer? We have multiple family Windows accounts and...
  7. Multiple Users Share same Desktop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Multiple Users Share same Desktop: All, I have a test system that must run 24/7. These long tests cannot be interrupted by multiple users logging in at begging of shifts. Currently the testers use the same login and password. We need to identify which user is on the system. Is there a way for multiple...
  8. Multiple users in same account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple users in same account: [ATTACH] I have no idea what is this on earth. Can someone please help me make that only one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-users-in-same-account/6d3def8f-7d70-4238-b16a-8e994c9c6441
  9. Log in with multiple users on the same computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Log in with multiple users on the same computer: There are three users on my computer, one admin & the other two standard users (no admin privilege). When one user logs on and then logs off of, a message appears "another user is logged on ….. data will be lost. The other user did not log on, so how did that other user...
  10. Hello: same user, multiple accounts?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Hello: same user, multiple accounts?: I use Windows Hello to log into multiple accounts (Work, Home, etc.) When I turn on the computer it automatically tries to log me into Work. Can I stop it from choosing which account I am to use? When I am logged into Work and I try to log into Home, the computer often shows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 sharing same app with multiple users