Windows 10: Multiple Users Signed In at One Time

Discus and support Multiple Users Signed In at One Time in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've loaded Windows 10 in a VM running on Windows 8.1. I've created multiple user but can't seem to figure out how to sign into a second account while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PJLLB, Oct 23, 2014.

1. PJLLB Win User

Multiple Users Signed In at One Time

I've loaded Windows 10 in a VM running on Windows 8.1. I've created multiple user but can't seem to figure out how to sign into a second account while still signed in to the first account. In Windows 8.1 this was easy!

Sorry for the (maybe) dumb question.

:)

PJLLB, Oct 23, 2014
  2. Kellie_33 Win User

How do i compress multiple photos at one time in Window Photo Gallery?

How do i compress multiple photos at one time in Window Photo Gallery? I can compress one photo at one time, using the Resize tool, but i need to compress/resize multiple photographs at one time. How do i do this using the Windows Live Photo Gallery?

Kellie_33, Oct 23, 2014
  3. JimWynne Win User
    How do i compress multiple photos at one time in Window Photo Gallery?

Select multiple photos using ctrl-click or shift-click (for contiguous files), then right-click on one of them and select "Resize."

JimWynne, Oct 23, 2014
  4. Mystere Win User

If you're running in a Hyper-V VM and using the Enhanced Mode session, then the viewer is actually running in a Remote Desktop session. In that mode, many normal features are disabled, such as Switch User, and many Display properties settings.

If you exit from full screen mode, then under View uncheck Enhanced session, then log back... you will find that Switch User still does not appear on the User in the start menu, but if you click on the desktop and press Alt-F4 you will get a shutdown dialog and one of the options is Switch User (you get "disconnect" in Enhanced Session).

Mystere, Oct 23, 2014
  5. PJLLB Win User
    You are indeed a VIP master. Thank you for the explanation. It's the enhanced mode. With that unchecked, I could sign in as another user from the Start menu (I didn't have to use the Alt-F4 sequence). I remember clicking on enhanced mode to enable it. Unchecking it seems to be forgotten each time I launch the VM session.

PJLLB, Oct 23, 2014
  6. Mystere Win User
    Strange, I was unable to get Switch User from the start menu.

Mystere, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Multiple Users Signed In at One Time - Similar Threads - Multiple Users Signed

2. One app multiple Users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One app multiple Users: So I bought Forza Horizon 4 and I wanted to use it on another user. I searched in the forums one one guy said that if you click install it lets you access the app because its already installed but it asks me to install again and i don't have more space what do I do?...
  3. Multiple users on one PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multiple users on one PC: When multiple users use the same PC, why can't User B see the files inside User A's folders in This PC 3D Objects, Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, Videos but can see the files on Local Disk? Also, how can I prevent another user from seeing what files I have...
  4. Multiple Users One Desktop?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Multiple Users One Desktop?: Hello, can I share my desktop with several users at the same time? and have 2 or 3 friends or even more operate a PC or VM for me? If so, how and what tools are needed to make it reasonably safe ;) Mehrere Benutzer Ein Desktop?
  5. Word opens multiple times on signing in

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Word opens multiple times on signing in: Fairly recently, when I logon to my laptop, word opens multiple times. I have not left a document open before shutting down, so puzzled why this is happening. I have looked in startup - it is not listed there....
  6. One pc multiple user accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    One pc multiple user accounts: Sorry it's so long, I wanted to explain everything, I use both Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive as backup for all of my computers. but recently my son asked to borrow my laptop, I said yes, he went in my office and just closed the lid, he did not see the earbuds laying...
  7. multiple users one lic

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    multiple users one lic: My wife has a mac and was using my account. now it doesn't recognize her ? How do I install her as a user? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-users-one-lic/15150b73-5429-4e8d-8d56-ccb71b9c489f"
  8. multiple user accounts on sign in screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    multiple user accounts on sign in screen: I just purchased a refurbished Dell 5050 with Windows 10 Pro. It shows 3 accounts on sign in screen even though only one account shows in Local Users & Groups (which is the correct one I set up after Windows started). 2 of the accounts have the same correct name and 1 has the...
  9. Signed-in multiple times as a sole user?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Signed-in multiple times as a sole user?: Something strange happened, while I'm the sole and only user of this PC, the sign-in info site of MS says otherwise... It didn't happen before but can it be a strange bug? (I only have just 1 account) [img] But my PC runs just fine... just the...
  10. Signed-in multiple times as a sole user?

in Windows 10 Support
    Signed-in multiple times as a sole user?: Something strange happened, while I'm the sole and only user of this PC, the sign-in info site of MS says otherwise... It didn't happen before but can it be a strange bug? (I only have just 1 account) [img] But my PC runs just fine... just the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows vm to many users signed in