Windows 10: Multiple windows 10 copies.

Discus and support Multiple windows 10 copies. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So now Windows 10 is linked to my hardware and no license key is required. So I can install windows 10 as many times as I want on the one machine in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by slingsrat, Apr 17, 2016.

1. slingsrat Win User

Multiple windows 10 copies.

So now Windows 10 is linked to my hardware and no license key is required. So I can install windows 10 as many times as I want on the one machine in a dual boot environment?

:)

slingsrat, Apr 17, 2016
  2. Allan Mej Win User

Multiple Copies of windows 10

Hi Daniel,

Windows allow the recovery of files that are deleted upon resetting your
    PC
    . You can retrieve your files from the Windows.old folder as long as it is still on the
    28-day recovery period. To do so, kindly refer to this link.

Note: Steps for Windows 8.1 also works on
    Windows 10.

Let us know how things go.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Apr 17, 2016
  3. Multiple Copies of windows 10

I upgraded from windows 7 to 10 a while back and during a recent update my battery went dead ( my dog unplugged it while walking by) and I had to perform a reset using a media creation tool and now when I go into command prompt and type dir c:\win*.*
    I get 3 things that are

windows

windows.old

windows10upgrade

Is there any way to recover my documents and pictures from the old ones?

Daniel-StephanieAbernathy, Apr 17, 2016
  4. Bumper Win User

Technically yes

Bumper, Apr 17, 2016
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    Not really.. it would be a violation of the EUA to run both 7 and 10 at the same time. You would have to have a unique key for 10 to run both in a dual boot configuration.
    EAU = End users agreement..

BunnyJ, Apr 17, 2016
  6. Bumper Win User
    I see no mention of 7 *Huh

Bumper, Apr 17, 2016
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    He has both 7 and 10 listed in the OS's he uses.

Multiple windows 10 copies. [​IMG]

BunnyJ, Apr 17, 2016
  8. slingsrat Win User

Yes, I am talking about multiple copies of windows 10 on a single machine. The activation servers don't check for an already installed windows 10 copy?

slingsrat, Apr 17, 2016
  9. BunnyJ New Member
    If you have separate legitimate keys there would be no issue.

BunnyJ, Apr 17, 2016
  10. slingsrat Win User
    There are no keys for windows 10

slingsrat, Apr 17, 2016
  11. Bumper Win User
    So what, the question has nothing to do with 7 or the legalities, it has to do with if he can with 10, I suggest you read the question, although why anyone would want more than one copy of 10 is beyond me. I doubt MS will be sending out a helicopter and a sniper because he has more than one copy as a duel boot.

Regards Sir

Bumper, Apr 17, 2016
  12. BunnyJ New Member
    That would mean your using the key from an upgrade.
    When you install/upgrade to 10 you need a valid key from either 8 or 7.1 to be there on the PC. Or to do a clean instillation you need a key to accomplish this.

BunnyJ, Apr 17, 2016
  13. slingsrat Win User

Well I have a gaming OS which is games only and an every day OS that the family uses and installs whatever crap they want. So you are suggesting it is not legal to install multiple copies on the one machine? This is really what i'm trying to discover.

slingsrat, Apr 17, 2016
  14. BunnyJ New Member
    It is only if you have two separate keys for both instillations. Otherwise if you try to use the same upgrade key I doubt it is. The basic EUA says you can only run either say 7 or 10 alone. Using both or two copies of 10 off of the same key would be a violation and I don't know if the second copy would activate.

BunnyJ, Apr 17, 2016
  15. slingsrat Win User
    Yes, I had an original key for Windows 7 but have now upgraded to 10. If I do a clean win 10 install now I will not be asked for a key. "Digital entitlement is a new method of activation in Windows 10 that doesn't require you to enter a product key"

slingsrat, Apr 17, 2016
Thema:

1. Multiple windows 10 copies. - Similar Threads - Multiple copies

2. Windows live mail 2012, sends multiple copies of same email with attachments.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows live mail 2012, sends multiple copies of same email with attachments.: When sending email attachments, Windows Live Mail sends out multiple emails one original, sometimes up to 60-70 of same email. Email will not open properly & when it does go through, the text portion looks gibberish. No prob when not sending attachments. Need help!Thanks.Anne...
  3. Windows live mail 2012, sends multiple copies of same email with attachments.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows live mail 2012, sends multiple copies of same email with attachments.: When sending email attachments, Windows Live Mail sends out multiple emails one original, sometimes up to 60-70 of same email. Email will not open properly & when it does go through, the text portion looks gibberish. No prob when not sending attachments. Need help!Thanks.Anne...
  4. Windows 10 Task Manager "relaying" multiple copies of the current screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Task Manager "relaying" multiple copies of the current screen: Hello there Microsoft Community,I have a problem with the Windows 10 Task Manager. It is displaying multiple instances of the same apps on screen, and when I move the Task Manager window around, it just moves the windows and multiple copies of it, like the Windows 98...
  5. Windows 10 Task Manager "relaying" multiple copies of the current screen

Windows 10 Task Manager "relaying" multiple copies of the current screen: Hello there Microsoft Community,I have a problem with the Windows 10 Task Manager. It is displaying multiple instances of the same apps on screen, and when I move the Task Manager window around, it just moves the windows and multiple copies of it, like the Windows 98...
  6. Windows 10 Task Manager "relaying" multiple copies of the current screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Clipboard multiple copy window bug - suggestion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clipboard multiple copy window bug - suggestion: When we want to use the list of copied things in clipboard using 'Window key symbol' & 'v', we have the following issue:If we have many or long list of copied things or texts, and when we are scrolling down, the title "Clipboard. Clear All" will scroll up with our scrolling,...
  8. Clipboard multiple copy window bug - suggestion

Clipboard multiple copy window bug - suggestion: When we want to use the list of copied things in clipboard using 'Window key symbol' & 'v', we have the following issue:If we have many or long list of copied things or texts, and when we are scrolling down, the title "Clipboard. Clear All" will scroll up with our scrolling,...
  9. Receiving Multiple Copies of "Weekly Activity Summary" Email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Receiving Multiple Copies of "Weekly Activity Summary" Email: For a couple of months I've been receiving two copies of the "Weekly Activity Summary" from MS Family Safety for my son. Then on October 11 I got 5 copies. Today I received 7 copies:It's a but much : I tried contacting Support but they directed me here....
  10. Receiving Multiple Copies of "Weekly Activity Summary" Email

Receiving Multiple Copies of "Weekly Activity Summary" Email: For a couple of months I've been receiving two copies of the "Weekly Activity Summary" from MS Family Safety for my son. Then on October 11 I got 5 copies. Today I received 7 copies:It's a but much : I tried contacting Support but they directed me here....