Windows 10: Multiple Windows display on Win 10 screen.

Discus and support Multiple Windows display on Win 10 screen. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; That method works as well, but I suspect it requires the option "When I snap a window, show what I can snap next to it." Thanks for your input as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by slicendice, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Multiple Windows display on Win 10 screen.

It should not require that option enabled as far as I know....

slicendice, Apr 4, 2018
  2. starflyr Win User

I've been bitching ever since Win10 came out in regards to displaying multiple Windows. I really ONLY want to display 2 windows side by side. Yesterday I discovered the "right click on Task Bar" and show Windows side by side on my full screen. EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED. However, then I got to playing around with it, and now when I have 2 windows open, the 2 windows only take up 2/3 of the screen, leaving room for a 1/3 window. Or worse, showing my windows in a small pane, maybe only taking up a 1/6 of the screen or smaller. Back to dragging. Loved the snap to 2 windows side by side when I briefly had it yesterday.I've searched the 'net, but can't find anything to undo this option. Can anyone point out how to correct this? I would even consider going back to the way it was before where I had to drag the 2 windows side by side. If I could get back to that point, I think I could then use the "right click on the Task Bar" and just have my 2 open Windows side by side without dragging them manually into place.

:)

starflyr, Apr 13, 2018
  3. how do i remove a ghost monitor??? (win 10)

I have searched online but all i find is win 7 stuff, everyone keeps saying "go to change the screen resolution and under multiple displays hit remove" but there isn't that option on win 10, or if there is, i need a picture to find it

cacacacaQK, Apr 13, 2018
  4. Multiple Windows display on Win 10 screen.

Start menu does not open

Did you try it? If Win-P doesn't do anything that also would be consistent with the hypothesis; you would have to persevere with the other two keystrokes imagining that they were doing something on the (phantom) primary screen. You can also start Narrator
    before trying this (e.g. press Win-Enter) because Narrator can give hints about what is being activated but not rendered on the screen you are looking at.

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Apr 13, 2018
  5. Hi,

I've been doing some digging on google, and there's not much there on this issue. One topic with no solution, but also another one, that apparently was solved.

Would you mind trying this, and letting us know if it makes any difference?

from Is "show windows stacked/side by side" broken for anyone else? by "Beach-Biker"

TheDeerDude, Apr 13, 2018
  6. @starflyr

Use the WINDOWS + ARROW (left | right | up | down) keyboard combination to snap windows to sides on screen.

Example 1: I have Command Prompt open. I now want to snap it to the left, covering 50% of the screen, I press WIN + LEFT and I get this:

Multiple Windows display on Win 10 screen. [​IMG]

Example 2: Now I decide that I also need File Explorer opened right of Command Prompt, so I press WIN + RIGHT while FE is selected and I now have this:

Example 3: Now I need one more console window and I want to put it below the already opened Console by doing the following:
    • I select the opened Console and press WIN + UP
    • I open a new Console Window and press WIN + LEFT followed by WIN + DOWN

That gives me this:

Hope this helps you manage side by side windows better. *Smile

slicendice, Apr 13, 2018
  7. starflyr Win User
    PERFECT! I must have wandered to that setting and accidently turned on option 3. Working fine now.

Thanks...

starflyr, Apr 13, 2018
  8. Multiple Windows display on Win 10 screen.

It was enabled by default on my laptop, I disabled it after fresh install - maybe that's why I couldn't replicate your issue. Glad that solved it!

The keyboard shortcuts that @slicendice has shown are something I've been using personally and recommend! along with alt+tab (then) n (quick way to minimize active window)

TheDeerDude, Apr 13, 2018
  9. starflyr Win User
    Slicendice

That method works as well, but I suspect it requires the option "When I snap a window, show what I can snap next to it."

Thanks for your input as well...

starflyr, Apr 13, 2018
Thema:

Multiple Windows display on Win 10 screen.

1. Multiple Windows display on Win 10 screen. - Similar Threads - Multiple display screen

2. Cannot click on screen with multiple displays

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot click on screen with multiple displays: Hello,I have a consistent problem when it comes to interacting with multiple displays. I currently use a Dell D3100 docking station connected to an Acer Aspire 7, Intel Core i7 9750H with GTX 1650. I currently connect to two external displays.At random times, either the...
  3. Win 10 Multiple Displays with Tablet Mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 Multiple Displays with Tablet Mode: I am connecting my Ipad to my Win 10 system using Duet. Is it possible to have the Ipad running in Win 10 Tablet mode while my main desktop screen is not? submitted by /u/chopowski [link] [comments]...
  4. Screen Saver extended to multiple displays

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen Saver extended to multiple displays: Hello! I am running a dual monitor setup and wasn’t seem to figure out how to make my screen saver appear on both monitors. When my screen saver is enabled it shows on one monitor and not the other. Is there anyway to have it be displayed on both monitors WITHOUT changing my...
  5. Multiple screen displays

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple screen displays: My setup has three 17in monitors. In the past for the screen saver picture, I would right click and go to personalize at the bottom on any monitor. I then had the option to pick any picture and then put it on any one of the 3 monitors. That option disappeared and now...
  6. windows 10 multiple displays

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 multiple displays: I was forced to update to Windows 10 so Microsoft sent me a USB drive that walked me through the steps. I had 3 video cards and 3 monitors set up on my computer running under Windows 7 but under Windows 10 only one of them works. So I went through all the support docs and...
  7. Win-10 - Multiple Screen - Display Setting - How to change the Default option

Win-10 - Multiple Screen - Display Setting - How to change the Default option: Hello Everyone, I work in an ABW (Activity Based Workstation) office, using different desks every day. Each of these desks are fitted with a dual monitor that we hook the laptop through a Targus docking station. Everyday, we have to switch from the default option of...
  8. Multiple Display Screens

Multiple Display Screens: I have added an additional monitor and want that to be my primary screen. Followed the instructions on Windows 10 but have to keep the laptop ajar otherwise the laptop shuts down. Any suggestions?...
  9. multiple displays in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    multiple displays in windows 10: How do I turn on multiple displays. I get to settings, display, but nothing happens when I select detect. Cheers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-displays-in-windows-10/6695c463-813c-4bb5-a267-a96edad3a88b
  10. Win 10 Taskbar - multiple displays - why different icons

Win 10 Taskbar - multiple displays - why different icons: Hello, I am using Windows 10 with multiple displays. I have "Show taskbar on all displays" On and "Show taskbar buttons on All taskbars" and "Never combine buttons on all taskbars". For some reason, the buttons on the main display are small size (icons only) and the...