Windows 10: Multiple Windows Hello users accessing the same desktop

Discus and support Multiple Windows Hello users accessing the same desktop in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, Is it possible for Windows Hello to recognize multiple faces and access the same desktop. My wife and I would both like to be recognized, but we... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JimMallabar, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Multiple Windows Hello users accessing the same desktop

Hi,

Is it possible for Windows Hello to recognize multiple faces and access the same desktop. My wife and I would both like to be recognized, but we use the same user account.

Thanks,

:)

JimMallabar, Jul 4, 2018
  2. nt62 Win User

Multiple Desktops

Hello Willum08.

If you have 2 monitors, they can be set to display as extended, and your preferred can be sorted that way

what was suggested can do this (fences) separated by extended displays
    ... unclear ... 2 monitors - or 1 monitor with multiple desktops -

very easy - just add another user -

If your point was to have 1 user only and multiple desktops -

fences is a good desktop icon sort tool that can hide groups - can create multiple fences that can be ghosted
    tiles is a little dated and complex but can do much (see pm - message inbox)

depends on what you seek - unclear -
    - multi monitors or 1 - extended or single display - multiple users for distinct independence

best wishes
    good luck

nt62, Jul 4, 2018
  3. karyeowl Win User
    Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI

I have 3 desktops (all on Windows 10 1803) connected on my LAN. After following this forum for some times and did all the steps as suggested by forum member, access denied, all my desktops are able to view and access one another. I have a printer connected to PC1, and managed to connect all the other 2 PCs to have the shared printer.

I also have 2 more laptops (both Asus with the same Windows 10 1803) connected via WIFI. Performed all the same steps as per the desktops, but I was not able to access PC1. I was able to view all the 3 desktops from the file explorer, but I just can't access all the desktops. However, I was able to access the Asus laptops from desktop PC1.

Anyone able to assist on this matter? Any assistance is highly appreciated.

karyeowl, Jul 4, 2018
  4. MohanC Win User

Multiple Windows Hello users accessing the same desktop

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jul 4, 2018
Thema:

Multiple Windows Hello users accessing the same desktop

1. Multiple Windows Hello users accessing the same desktop - Similar Threads - Multiple Hello users

2. Windows 11 Multiple Desktop is extremely disappointing, it is not multiple but same desktop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Multiple Desktop is extremely disappointing, it is not multiple but same desktop...: I really miss the desktop option like in Windows 7 where after making a mess on my desktop I could start a new one and it was EMPTY!!But to my complete astonishment and asking chatGPT, Bard and Google Microsoft thinks this is very handy to have all your desktops looking the...
  3. Windows 11 Multiple Desktop is extremely disappointing, it is not multiple but same desktop...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Multiple Desktop is extremely disappointing, it is not multiple but same desktop...: I really miss the desktop option like in Windows 7 where after making a mess on my desktop I could start a new one and it was EMPTY!!But to my complete astonishment and asking chatGPT, Bard and Google Microsoft thinks this is very handy to have all your desktops looking the...
  4. Multiple users access the same PC simultaneously?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple users access the same PC simultaneously?: Hi I want Multiple users to access the same PC simultaneously in different locations. How it is possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-users-access-the-same-pc-simultaneously/dc10869c-1597-4553-b093-8adbe0c21295
  5. Multiple users access the same PC simultaneously?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple users access the same PC simultaneously?: Hi I want Multiple users to access the same PC simultaneously in different locations. How it is possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-users-access-the-same-pc-simultaneously/dc10869c-1597-4553-b093-8adbe0c21295
  6. Multiple users access the same PC simultaneously?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Multiple passwords on the same user?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple passwords on the same user?: Is it possible? submitted by /u/Baselmagdy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mn2o1u/multiple_passwords_on_the_same_user/
  8. Multiple Users Share same Desktop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Multiple Users Share same Desktop: All, I have a test system that must run 24/7. These long tests cannot be interrupted by multiple users logging in at begging of shifts. Currently the testers use the same login and password. We need to identify which user is on the system. Is there a way for multiple...
  9. Multiple users in same account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple users in same account: [ATTACH] I have no idea what is this on earth. Can someone please help me make that only one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-users-in-same-account/6d3def8f-7d70-4238-b16a-8e994c9c6441
  10. Hello: same user, multiple accounts?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Hello: same user, multiple accounts?: I use Windows Hello to log into multiple accounts (Work, Home, etc.) When I turn on the computer it automatically tries to log me into Work. Can I stop it from choosing which account I am to use? When I am logged into Work and I try to log into Home, the computer often shows...