Windows 10: Multiple windows utilities (and firefox) will stop responding

Discus and support Multiple windows utilities (and firefox) will stop responding in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have recently reinstalled windows 10 due to a driver issue. That issue is fixed but now multiple windows utilities, including the desktop, windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by scottrittenhouse, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Multiple windows utilities (and firefox) will stop responding

I have recently reinstalled windows 10 due to a driver issue. That issue is fixed but now multiple windows utilities, including the desktop, windows explorer, the utility bar, and snipping tool, will stop responding. It doesn't happen in safe mode.

I tried running sfc /scannow while in safe mode in powershell (admin) and it said it found corrupted files but couldn't fix them.

This is the most recent problem report:

Source
    Windows Explorer
    Summary
    Stopped responding and was closed
    Date
    ‎7/‎7/‎2018 10:26 PM
    Status
    Report sent
    Description
    A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.
    Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe
    Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
    Application Name: explorer.exe
    Application Version: 10.0.17134.1
    Application Timestamp: 425b30b2
    Hang Signature: 7b99
    Hang Type: 33554436
    OS Version: 10.0.17134.2.0.0.768.101
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Hang Signature 1: 7b994b897618db9871db6490936f5693
    Additional Hang Signature 2: 0bd4
    Additional Hang Signature 3: 0bd4bdf70ad1e85373bb4c244770d2c7
    Additional Hang Signature 4: 3e3a
    Additional Hang Signature 5: 3e3a35de2c689475cfaff7abd943cfb0
    Additional Hang Signature 6: 59f7
    Additional Hang Signature 7: 59f7666363d6ff97b6ca9f519bfcf949
    Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID: a548d550988be5b6e6174cac054978bc (1591825295005546684)

:)

scottrittenhouse, Jul 8, 2018
  2. MatTheCat Win User

Firefox crashes non-stop!!!

I have went back to Firefox 3.6 for this reason.

With the newer Firefox releases, I would find that it would crash and cause my whole system to hang and the only way I could recover from it would be to boot Windows 7 in safe mode, uninstall and then reinstall Firefox.....but bollox to that every 1-2 days.

MatTheCat, Jul 8, 2018
  3. Artas1984 Win User
    Firefox crashes non-stop!!!

Suggest any methods to stop Firefox from crashing. It crashes right after starting, no more than a second or 3..

Any cache, plugins, antivirus things that might cause it? It is very, very annoying...

Artas1984, Jul 8, 2018
  4. Multiple windows utilities (and firefox) will stop responding

New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

Multiple windows utilities (and firefox) will stop responding

1. Multiple windows utilities (and firefox) will stop responding - Similar Threads - Multiple utilities firefox

2. system crash down and stop responding. Multiple times.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system crash down and stop responding. Multiple times.: I dont know why it happens. Here are some log files and nfo files:https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aj-1YPITPCAh4irbdMXICno-2mQI?e=zCSXFAincluding customer view log, system event log and msinfo32 nfo...
  3. system crash down and stop responding. Multiple times.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    system crash down and stop responding. Multiple times.: I dont know why it happens. Here are some log files and nfo files:https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aj-1YPITPCAh4irbdMXICno-2mQI?e=zCSXFAincluding customer view log, system event log and msinfo32 nfo...
  4. Windows stops responding sometimes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows stops responding sometimes.: Hello.I have had issues for a while on both Windows 10 and 11 where suddenly the system goes gradually more unresponsive until it freezes completely. When it starts I will notice for example a website not loading or a Youtube video stops to make some examples. If I then try...
  5. windows 10 stops responding

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 stops responding: [ATTACH] So I have malwarebytes and I don't think it's a virus issue Sometimes my computer STOPS responding completely When I hover over the taskbar icons it doesn't respond and my clicks don't work (mouse/integrated trackpad) The only fix I have now is...
  6. Glary Utils (free) not cleaning Firefox

Glary Utils (free) not cleaning Firefox: There have been a succession of recent updates to the free Glary utils software. I have used it for a long time, but today I noticed it didn't seem to completely clean my files. Therefore, I ran CCleaner, only to find many hundreds of Firefox cache and other files appearing...
  7. Multiple problems with Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Multiple problems with Firefox: I've had to change my default browser to MS Edge due to multiple problems. I think one of the major problems is that my cookies are disabled and I can't find a way to enable them. I have instructions that say go to menu bar and click "Preferences". However, when I click the...
  8. "Windows has stopped responding"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Windows has stopped responding": Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and English is not my native language so apologies in advance if I am hard to understand. I have a problem with my computer that I simply can not understand and I am completely stumped as to what might cause this. Caution, long...
  9. Utilities for Multiple Monitors

Utilities for Multiple Monitors: In my home theatre I have a Win 10 Pro PC , set up for Extended Display set up for: - a large 4k TV (the default), with high res settings (Monitor 2) - a small legacy 17" display, low-res settings (Monitor 1) The large screen is the default screen, as that's what I need...
  10. "Windows has stopped responding"

in Windows 10 Support
    "Windows has stopped responding": Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and English is not my native language so apologies in advance if I am hard to understand. I have a problem with my computer that I simply can not understand and I am completely stumped as to what might cause this. Caution, long...