Windows 10: Music files have disappeared from my hard drive.

Discus and support Music files have disappeared from my hard drive. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Two days ago I was simultaneously listening to music on the Zune software and unzipping files using winrar to add to my collection as I have done... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by buk11216, Jul 3, 2017.

1. buk11216 Win User

Music files have disappeared from my hard drive.

Two days ago I was simultaneously listening to music on the Zune software and unzipping files using winrar to add to my collection as I have done thousands of times before without a problem. Suddenly my music stopped playing and the Zune software gave me an error code that I didn't have a chance to write down. Only 86 or so songs were appearing in my collection (they were the ones I had just added) while the rest of my songs were missing. After doing a bit of looking around I found that everything had been moved to my recycle bin. I restored everything that was there but I am still missing about 4,000 or so songs. The artist folders where to songs should be still appear in my music folder but the files are nowhere to be found. Judging by the amount of space left on my hard drive I'd say that they are still there. Is there any way that I can recover my missing music? Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

:)

buk11216, Jul 3, 2017

2. Moving Music files from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

I am continually moving music files from my home computer which has Windows 7 onto a portable hard drive. When I plug my portable hard drive into my laptop which runs Windows 10 the music files have disappeared. But when I plug my portable hard drive back
    into my Windows 7 home computer the files reappear. This isn't consistently happening but need a fix for the problem.

MichaelBraendler, Jul 3, 2017
  3. since the WIn 10 upgrade all of my music has disappeared. the folders are there and the sub folders for each album but no files.

Original title: LOST FILES

since the WIn 10 upgrade all of my music has disappeared. the folders are there and the sub folders for each album but no files. this was twenty years of music. I would go to a back up but the hard drive I used seems to have craped it self. do I have a
    chance of recovery or are they gone for good.

GLENNDURRINGTON, Jul 3, 2017
  4. Music files have disappeared from my hard drive.

You could try Recuva free or Easeus free or paid.

The latter offers instructions for Zune, which I don't have.

Have used both when away from company software.

Frozenoem1, Jul 3, 2017
  5. dalchina New Member
    Presumably you have a backup.... *Wink what will you do when your drive fails? It does happen...

(Check- e.g. Hard Disk Sentinel (trial)

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Music files have disappeared from my hard drive.

1. Music files have disappeared from my hard drive. - Similar Threads - Music files disappeared

2. Both internal hard drives have disappeared!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both internal hard drives have disappeared!: I have two internal hard drives in my PC, E and F in addition to the C drive - SSD, where I store and backup all my data.Yesterday, I was deleting some I thought unnecessary files from my oem folder, in preparation for a Windows 10 reinstall.Today, when I open the PC, both E...
  3. Both internal hard drives have disappeared!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Both internal hard drives have disappeared!: I have two internal hard drives in my PC, E and F in addition to the C drive - SSD, where I store and backup all my data.Yesterday, I was deleting some I thought unnecessary files from my oem folder, in preparation for a Windows 10 reinstall.Today, when I open the PC, both E...
  4. Both internal hard drives have disappeared!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Hard drive disappearance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive disappearance: My hard drive suddenly dissapeared after doing some work this evening, I have no clue what to do, since all the "solutions" on the web haven't worked. I know the hard drive is working since I tried it in another computer and it ran properly. Hope someone can help....
  6. Hard drive disappearance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard drive disappearance: My hard drive suddenly dissapeared after doing some work this evening, I have no clue what to do, since all the "solutions" on the web haven't worked. I know the hard drive is working since I tried it in another computer and it ran properly. Hope someone can help....
  7. Hard drive disappearance

8. SOME music files disappeared from hard drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SOME music files disappeared from hard drive.: I have Windows 10 and I listen to music on my laptop using iTunes. I have 2335 albums in my library and the other day I noticed, in iTunes, that some of my songs were missing designated in the iTunes display with a "!". I sorted by the "!" and discovered that 46 entire...
  9. Hard drive disappeared

Hard drive disappeared: hi, my hard drive which I've used for about 5 months has just disappeared as soon as I've put intake fans onto my pc. I've tried trying a new SATA cable and nothing works. It doesn't even show up in my disk management. Could someone please help?...
  10. Hard drive disappeared

Hard drive disappeared: Something is screwed up with my computer. My D drive is just gone, my computer continues to constantly crash, and it’s very slow. I have norton installed and whenever I do a scan it says there are no viruses. I have restarted it multiple times and nothing happened. And when...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. music files disappeared from hard drive