Windows 10: Music in Windows 7 Media Player transferred to Windows 10 Player ?

Discus and support Music in Windows 7 Media Player transferred to Windows 10 Player ? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; ​I have a lot of music saved into Windows Media Player on Windows 7. I am aware that the new Windows 10 Upgrade will not have Windows Media Player,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Arizona, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Arizona Win User

Music in Windows 7 Media Player transferred to Windows 10 Player ?

I have a lot of music saved into Windows Media Player on Windows 7. I am aware that the new Windows 10
    Upgrade will not have Windows Media Player, but that another player will either come within the Upgrade or
    a new music player is available. So once I upgrade from 7 to 10, how do I get all of my music into this new
    upgrade? Thanks.

:)

Arizona, Jun 30, 2015

2. How to transfer Real Player music to Windows Media Player?

*Original Title: Music transfer

How to transfer Real Player music to Windows Media Player

OscarSalinasCPO, Jun 30, 2015
  3. JimGrills Win User
    Windows Media Player on Windows 10

OT: Media Player.

Where can I transfer my media player videos and music to before Windows 10 is loaded on my computer in July. I understand media player will not be operable once I have windows 10.

JimGrills, Jun 30, 2015
  4. Music in Windows 7 Media Player transferred to Windows 10 Player ?

Hi,
    As far as I know its only Windows Media Centre that is being removed
    R.I.P., Windows Media Center
    Windows Media Player is staying

If you do decide to use the new media player, it will just pick up your music the same as WMP did, nothing extra to do

paulsalter, Jun 30, 2015
  5. Arizona Win User
    Thanks a lot for the quick and informative answer - never used Media Centre but I'm
    glad the player is staying.

Arizona, Jun 30, 2015
  6. irminator Win User
    Windows media player does not work on windows 10.

irminator, Oct 23, 2017
  7. essenbe Win User
  8. dalchina New Member

In what way?

Music in Windows 7 Media Player transferred to Windows 10 Player ? [​IMG]

dalchina, Oct 23, 2017
  9. What do you base that statement on?

Windows Media Player works just fine for me in Windows 10. I use it almost daily. Did you by chance mean Media Center doesn't work in Windows 10?

alphanumeric, Oct 23, 2017
  10. Bree New Member
    Me too, it gets regular use. Media Centre was removed in Windows 10, the one 'media' bit that was removed at the same time from Windows Media Player was the ability to play DVDs - every other part of it works exactly as it did before.

11. irminator Win User
    I contacted Microsoft. At the help desk level they said their Media player was discontinued last year wrt windows 10 support. It still works on windows XP and does not support windows 10. I have audio bytes on my website. They no longer play using windows media player. That is my dilemna.

irminator, Oct 24, 2017
  12. dalchina New Member
    What is it exactly that doesn't play in WMP? Can you upload an example?

A quick scan of a random assortment of lists of features deprecated doesn't seem to include WMP. (I searched each for 'media')
    That may be a bit different from 'support being withdrawn' I suppose, or relate to future builds...

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update: Microsoft chops these old features, gets ready to dump Paint | ZDNet
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ll-creators-up
    Here are all the features Microsoft removed or deprecated in Windows 10 Creators Update
    https://www.askvg.com/list-of-deprec...eators-update/
    Say goodbye to these Windows 10 features in the Creators Update - Neowin

dalchina, Oct 24, 2017
  13. irminator Win User

I used an object code embedded in the website--supported by windows media player (my audio file is--> All_Shook_UpMP3.mp3--see below - -
    I looked for object code for VLC media player. No luck. I would like to have the code work so that there is a link to the VLC media player on their site in that the viewer does not have to download VLC which is a pain in the neck. No answers yet. People will get discouraged with VLC--based on my own experience and reports from others. This open source media player sucks. (cumbersome may be a better word.) To start with what's with the orange pylon graphic. Is there any solution to my dilema?
    My old code----wrt Microsoft media player---
    <OBJECT ID="MediaPlayer" WIDTH="260" HEIGHT="60" CLASSID="CLSID:22D6F312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95"
    STANDBY="Loading Windows Media Player components..." TYPE="application/x-oleobject">
    <PARAM NAME="FileName" VALUE="/pictures/site421/content6713/media/All_Shook_UpMP3.mp3">
    <PARAM name="autostart" VALUE="false">
    <PARAM name="ShowControls" VALUE="true">
    <param name="ShowStatusBar" value="false">
    <PARAM name="ShowDisplay" VALUE="false">
    <EMBED TYPE="application/x-mplayer2" SRC="/pictures/site421/content6713/media/All_Shook_UpMP3.mp3" NAME="MediaPlayer"
    WIDTH="260" HEIGHT="60" ShowControls="1" ShowStatusBar="0" ShowDisplay="0" autostart="0"> </EMBED>
    </OBJECT>

irminator, Oct 24, 2017
  14. irminator Win User
    I am now looking at sound cloud. Any thoughts on this application?

irminator, Oct 24, 2017
  15. irminator Win User
    I contacted MS support. 3 times. What a mess. MS is so big that they have neglected the customer services. I might as well be talking to a bunch of donkeys. I have resolved it on my own.

irminator, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Music in Windows 7 Media Player transferred to Windows 10 Player ? - Similar Threads - Music Media Player

2. Transferring Windows Media Player Library.........

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring Windows Media Player Library.........: This appears to be a common and ancient question which hasn't really ever been answered.How to transfer the Windows Media Player library that takes months if not weeks to update...
  3. Transferring Windows Media Player Library.........

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring Windows Media Player Library.........: This appears to be a common and ancient question which hasn't really ever been answered.How to transfer the Windows Media Player library that takes months if not weeks to update...
  4. Windows Media Player Sample music.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player Sample music.: Looking back to around 2000 - 2003 we got a new Dell Computer that I believe had windows XP on it and for some reason all the threads I see about the free music that came with Windows does not mention the three songs that I remember being on my computer and I finally found...
  5. Windows Media Player Sample music.

Windows Media Player Sample music.: Looking back to around 2000 - 2003 we got a new Dell Computer that I believe had windows XP on it and for some reason all the threads I see about the free music that came with Windows does not mention the three songs that I remember being on my computer and I finally found...
  6. Windows Media Player - Music Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player - Music Access: I would like to make a folder for music I play routinely in Windows Music Player, that I can use to make playlists from https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-music-access/adf695fe-8208-4375-a447-a22fdfa6ff19
  7. Windows Media Player - Music Access

Windows Media Player - Music Access: I would like to make a folder for music I play routinely in Windows Music Player, that I can use to make playlists from https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-music-access/adf695fe-8208-4375-a447-a22fdfa6ff19
  8. Windows Media Player for Microsoft 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player for Microsoft 7: I am copying videos from a Sony Camcorder HDR-CX405 by selecting the video from the Camcorder device, and copying to my Windows 7 laptop. I believe it is executing the copy via Window Media Player, but I see no way of confirming that. Until recently, after the copy, I could...
  9. Windows Media Player for Windows 10. Music will not play.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Media Player for Windows 10. Music will not play.: Small, red, round dot with x on it has appeared at the start of music title and is unplayable. Any suggestions please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-for-windows-10-music-will-not/c4e82854-c104-4c35-aa75-3a01a907f420
  10. media player 'groove music'

media player 'groove music': hello. I've downloaded 5 audio tracks (MP3). I can turn on the loop for each track but how do I get it to play each track one after the other and then loop back to track one? 36644