Windows 10: Music Library Not Sharing

Discus and support Music Library Not Sharing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So, I'm trying to access my music library / collection on my laptop from my Xbox 360 and Xbox One, but oddly enough, my music library won't let me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by InanisDraco, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Music Library Not Sharing

So, I'm trying to access my music library / collection on my laptop from my Xbox 360 and Xbox One, but oddly enough, my music library won't let me share it.

Music Library Not Sharing [​IMG]

When I try to do it through the homegroup settings, when I select the music library from "not shared" to "shared", it tries to apply the setting, but then fails. All the other sharing options work though, pictures, videos, documents and printers.

It kind of worked when I was on Windows 7, even though I had to restart the WMP network sharing, UPnP, and SSDP Discovery services. I've also tried that, but no success.

If anyone has an idea of what to do, that'd be awesome. I'd really love to have this back to working, instead of using my phone as a kind of half working DLNA server.

:)

InanisDraco, Aug 18, 2015
  2. Martmcd Win User

Windows 10 - Media Streaming: How do you limit it to 1 folder?

in windows explorer

navigate to e:\dlna\share

right click on music and select 'include in library' then 'make new library' or include it in your music library

Martmcd, Aug 18, 2015
  3. Clegg78 Win User
    Nokia Music available for Windows 8

I am seeing similar issues with music in my music library that is hosted in a network share (windows server 2012 share, with indexing, and Windows search available). Nokia music does not see any of the music on that share.

Clegg78, Aug 18, 2015
  4. bro67 Win User

Music Library Not Sharing

Did you try using regular Network sharing vs. Home Group? Also did you go into WMP and re-scan the Library's? Also did you turn off and back on Media Sharing Options?

bro67, Aug 18, 2015
  5. I made sure that I had the media streaming options enabled, and I do. Even when making a new homegroup, the music library will not share. I also did a library restore in WMP, still nothing.

Music Library Not Sharing [​IMG]

After creating a homegroup, when I try to set up the music library to be shared, when I hit apply, it doesn't give me any errors, but just end s up not applying and reverts that option back to not shared.

I also double checked my Windows Firewall settings, all my incoming / outgoing connections for the WMP network sharing service are enabled.

InanisDraco, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Music Library Not Sharing

1. Music Library Not Sharing - Similar Threads - Music Library Sharing

2. Music Library

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Music Library: Is there a way of printing my Music Library into Notepad/Word or other app please ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/music-library/99086a63-dd1a-452d-a824-3da624c85515"
  3. my music library

my music library: I just purchased Microsoft Personal 365 One Drive. I have 120gb music I have downloaded from discs into my computer which is managed by itunes. I want to have all this music available to me on my phone or on a remote laptop. Will OneDrive show and access my music library?...
  4. How to share music

How to share music: I have six recordings of my son playing his acoustic guitar that I would like to share with friends. What is the best way to accomplish this? I uploaded them to Google Drive which has a music player but I could not make a playlist. What web based site should I use? 144489
  5. Recover music library in media player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recover music library in media player: I reinstalled windows 10 and lost all my music in my media player library how can I get them back please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-music-library-in-media-player/4e9a94c1-e0c8-432d-96a1-bb3ddcae2181
  6. Sonos Music library playback

Sonos Music library playback: When playing multiple albums by the same artist, Sonos plays them in alphabetical order. How do I retain the original order of the albums? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sonos-music-library-playback/f577839a-99e6-4343-91b8-e37f855c6a1f"
  7. Network/Music sharing

Network/Music sharing: Hi Guys, Happy New Year. I'm new to forums so please forgive me if I'm in the wrong place. I too used to use Home Group to share my music which is stored on an external HDU connected to my computer via USB, I was able to listen to my music via a 'Smart TV, Internet Radio,...
  8. Win 10 music and picture libraries

Win 10 music and picture libraries: How do I get info to use the music and picture libraries in Win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-music-and-picture-libraries/df2b533d-5a31-4a32-b30a-e3f0e320c3ee"
  9. Music Library "Arrange By" function is empty

in Windows 10 Support
    Music Library "Arrange By" function is empty: Hello, I have this weird problem with my music library folder. When I select any parameter on the "Arrange By" function, it returns that the folder is empty. The problem is, that I have over 7000 mp3 files in the folder, and it doesn't sort by Album for example. How...
  10. Folder stuck on "Music Library"

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder stuck on "Music Library": I accidentally set my account folder "C:\Users\MYACC" to Music Library. I tried different methods to reset Libaries but couldn't get the folder from showing "Music" as its name on Windows Explorer. Is this a symbolic link? Junction? How do I take it off? When I go into...