Windows 10: Music & Picture - Same Location

Discus and support Music & Picture - Same Location in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] Somehow, I've managed to set the location for Music & Pictures to the same location i.e. K Drive. Restoring to default locations makes no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by WightWalker, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Music & Picture - Same Location

Music & Picture - Same Location [​IMG]

Somehow, I've managed to set the location for Music & Pictures to the same location i.e. K Drive.

Restoring to default locations makes no difference, or should I say that whatever change I do to Music is replicated in Pictures & visa versus.

Any ideas on how to sort this out.

:)

WightWalker, Jul 17, 2015

2. Windows 10: Windows Media Player cannot rip one or more tracks from the CD

Used this fix that I found a few minutes ago & it worked like a champ for me ...

"The error message is caused by the broken rip music location, which can be fixed as follows. In WMP's library, please click Organize, and select Manage libraries - Music .
    What locations are listed there? If there are any unavailable locations, remove them, and also make sure that a Default save location is set. Do the same for the other libraries (Videos, Pictures, Recorded TV).

RonGabbert, Jul 17, 2015
  3. Changed from Windows 7 to Windows 10, now WMP will not RIP Cds. Says WMP cannot RIP one or more tracks from the CD.

Used this fix that I found a few minutes ago & it worked like a champ for me ...

"The error message is caused by the broken rip music location, which can be fixed as follows. In WMP's library, please click Organize, and select Manage libraries - Music .
    What locations are listed there? If there are any unavailable locations, remove them, and also make sure that a Default save location is set. Do the same for the other libraries (Videos, Pictures, Recorded TV).

RonGabbert, Jul 17, 2015
  4. dencal Win User

Music & Picture - Same Location

Click on where they are installed and drag them individually to where you wish to place them

dencal, Jul 17, 2015
  5. Unless I've misunderstand your suggestion, it doesn't work.

Drag a HD location to create a link in Pictures & it also appears in Music.

WightWalker, Jul 19, 2015
  6. Check Settings > Storage

Music & Picture - Same Location [​IMG]

If it looks ok, you might try changing the location there anyway to see if it unravels the relationship.

Slartybart, Jul 19, 2015
  7. Thanks for suggestion, but still no luck.

WightWalker, Jul 19, 2015
  8. Rocky Win User

I don't know if this will help, but the way that I always set my file locations is by clicking on the file icon in the task bar, on the top should be files for videos, pictures, music, downloads, etc. Right click on a file icon, music for example, scroll down to properties, click on properties and open file location. Click on the tab that says location and there will be a screen that says where the files are and right in the middle there is an icon that says MOVE. Click on move and you can set where you want those files to be stroed. You can do this with each type of media separately.

Rocky, Jul 19, 2015
  9. Rocky Win User
    Did that tip work for you?

Rocky, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Music & Picture - Same Location - Similar Threads - Music Picture Same

2. Account Picture Location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account Picture Location: Okay just what the hell is going on with how Windows 10 stores/caches account pictures?! There are three seperate directories which I have checked mulitple times to find where these pictures get stored and all of them have been...
  3. deleted pictures location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    deleted pictures location: Where are deleted pictures kept if they are? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-pictures-location/9396d3d2-85d3-49ce-b178-6bb7862dd6b0
  4. deleted pictures location

deleted pictures location: Where are deleted pictures kept if they are? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-pictures-location/9396d3d2-85d3-49ce-b178-6bb7862dd6b0
  5. Installed in the same location as??

Installed in the same location as??: (Win 10 OS Build 19041.508) Hi, I wasn't sure where to post this problem sorry. When I go to Uninstall some of my FSX (FS10) aircraft I get an Error: [img] This error happens with Revo Uninstaller. If I go ahead with the uninstall it deletes all my aircraft in my...
  6. Screensaver picture location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screensaver picture location: hi Group, I am not sure if I will be able to explain and ask my question in an appropriate way, but I will try my best. Everyone here must be definitely locking up their PC by using the inbuilt security feature. So my question is : before you try to unlock the PC by...
  7. Background Picture Location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background Picture Location: Hi all, I have a folder with about 2000 pics in it which I use as background pics being randomly selected. When a pic is displayed as the current background, is there any way to find the file in the folder. I don't want to have to scroll through each pic to find the current...
  8. Background Picture Location

in Windows 10 Support
    Background Picture Location: Hi all, I have a folder with about 2000 pics in it which I use as background pics being randomly selected. When a pic is displayed as the current background, is there any way to find the file in the folder. I don't want to have to scroll through each pic to find the current...
  9. Documents/Desktop/Pictures etc. refer to same location issue

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Documents/Desktop/Pictures etc. refer to same location issue: Sorry about the ambiguous title but I am not one hundred percent certain how to best articulate my issue. Essentially I tried to move all my Program Files/x86 and My Desktop/Documents/Pictures etc. from my SSD to my HDD following this tutorial: How to move program files to a...
  10. Same location Pictures and Music even when i change it

in Windows 10 Support
    Same location Pictures and Music even when i change it: Hello I wanted to change my location of my documents, music, pictures, videos,... to my hard drive so i won't fill up my ssd with junk that i hardly use. Some way i have made Pictures and Music the same location. When i wanna change one back to the default location the...