Windows 10: MUST DISABLE WINDOWS 10 UPDATER

Discus and support MUST DISABLE WINDOWS 10 UPDATER in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am sick and tired of my system automatically activating the Windows Updater. I do not want your updates. I do not care about the new features. Stop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Epic Hoagie, Jul 4, 2018.

1. MUST DISABLE WINDOWS 10 UPDATER

I am sick and tired of my system automatically activating the Windows Updater. I do not want your updates. I do not care about the new features. Stop force-feeding this crap down my throat, please, and tell me how to permanently disable updates.

I've been into services.msc and disabled it time and time again. It continues to reactivate itself and start acting in the background. It's infuriating. I work A LOT on this computer, and I can't have these invasive updates crashing my system all the time! It hogs up my CPU and Disk and bogs EVERYTHING down. I can't even sketch a confounded line in a lightweight image editor!

What's worse is that these updates don't ever even make any real progress. I actually let it sit for a good five hours one day while I took a nap. It only made 1% progress in the download! I have automatic updates disabled in my settings for a GOOD reason, and it keeps reactivating itself. Microsoft, your operating system is basically turning into malware of sorts, just coming and going and doing as it pleases. This is not what I paid $700+ for!

I don't want your updates.

Do NOT tell me I should KEEP your updates.

Do NOT tell me how to better RECEIVE your updates.

I do NOT want help on GETTING these updates.

I WANT you to tell me how to STOP getting these updates.

And I WANT your company to STOP FORCING UPDATES THROUGH!

I am asking nicely, PLEASE tell me how I can stop this from happening again in the future.

:)

Epic Hoagie, Jul 4, 2018
  2. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Jul 4, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 4, 2018
  4. MUST DISABLE WINDOWS 10 UPDATER

Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Jul 4, 2018
Thema:

MUST DISABLE WINDOWS 10 UPDATER

1. MUST DISABLE WINDOWS 10 UPDATER - Similar Threads - MUST DISABLE UPDATER

2. Disable Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disable Windows 10 update: How do you disable windows 10 update? It is forcing me to update every day and there is no "do not update" option. The only thing I can do is to select "ask me later" or "ask me one hour later". I have tried the method using services.msc, but the startup type tab is not...
  3. disable windows 10 update

disable windows 10 update: Anyone know how can I disable Windows 10 auto update? I have tried using services.msc but after several times it became unclickable. I also tried using gpedit.msc but doesn't seemed to work, the update notification still pops up, which is super annoying since it keeps...
  4. Windows update components must be repaired

Windows update components must be repaired: Trouble shooter reports components need repairing, failing to tell how the repair is done. Are there files to be downloaded? to fix the non-working update components? Update Database appears to be corrupted - fix for that? Win 10 Home 32 bit Desktop is stuck on 1803, 1903...
  5. Disable Windows 10 update

Disable Windows 10 update: How do I disable the latest feature update until Microsoft verifies that the update will actually install on all computers without any errors? The last two feature updates haven't gone so well with my computer. The first one I eventually got it to work by troubleshooting...
  6. Windows Update compontes must be repaired

Windows Update compontes must be repaired: I keep getting this message, tried to run trouble shooter and it still did not fix the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-compontes-must-be-repaired/c8ebbd37-b830-4dc5-acc7-1595b217c155
  7. Windows Update components must be repaired error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Update components must be repaired error on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you see a message Windows Update components must be repaired, One or more windows update components are configured incorrectly in Windows 10, then here are some suggestions that can help you resolve the issue. Windows Update components must be [...] This...
  8. Disable windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Disable windows 10 update: How to disable win10 update ? I disabled it at windows management > services application > services > windows update and it enable itself. 118970
  9. Windows Updates components must be repaired

Windows Updates components must be repaired: After running the update troubleshooter I get: Windows Updates components must be repaired. How do I fix this problem? Don Cole 118229
  10. Microsoft must change Windows 10 Update system

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft must change Windows 10 Update system: Recently, i upgraded my pc to Windows 10 using free upgrade from pre-installed 8.1. Everything installed ok...until Windows 10 installed the wrong Amd graphic card for my pc via windows update. Upon reboot my pc monitor screen went blank.I used Advanced Boot up...