Windows 10: "Must uninstall Daemon Tools" to complete installation

Discus and support "Must uninstall Daemon Tools" to complete installation in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been trying to install Win 10 on my Win 7 computer, and I keep getting stalled when it says I need to uninstall Daemon Tools. I don't have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gitting, Aug 7, 2015.

1. gitting Win User

"Must uninstall Daemon Tools" to complete installation

I have been trying to install Win 10 on my Win 7 computer, and I keep getting stalled when it says I need to uninstall Daemon Tools.

I don't have this program on my computer (that I have found). I checked in everywhere and it's nowhere to be found.

Suggestions?

:)

gitting, Aug 7, 2015

2. Unable to unistall Daemon tools on Windows 10 after installing Windows 10 Anniversary update.

For what it is worth, I get the exact same error. After login, Windows tells me that "Daemon Tools does not work with this version of Windows". If I try to run the uninstaller, from the installation directory of Daemon Tools, I get the same error message
    again.

ChristophMathys, Aug 7, 2015
  3. Daemon Tool issue with Windows 10

The install says I have to uninstall Daemon Tools to proceed with the install of Windows 10. I don't know what to expect. Will I get the option to reinstall Daemon afterwards? I don't want to get to a "place" where I will mess up my computer functions.

Queennothing, Aug 7, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Aug 7, 2015
  5. Cynapse Win User
    Stumbled upon a fix. Start in safe mode with networking then go to start>daemon tools lite>uninstall.

The 1 error doesnt come up in windows safe mode with networking. Windows 10 installation proceeds via (hidden folder) C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\setupprep.exe

Cynapse, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. "Must uninstall Daemon Tools" to complete installation - Similar Threads - Must uninstall Daemon

2. "Another installation is in progress. You must complete that installation before continuing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Another installation is in progress. You must complete that installation before continuing...: When I am installing any .msi program, "Another installation is in progress. You must complete that installation before continuing this one." error occurs, but no other installation is running. And after any installation, the msiexec.exe process does not stop and continues...
  3. "Another installation is in progress. You must complete that installation before continuing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Another installation is in progress. You must complete that installation before continuing...: When I am installing any .msi program, "Another installation is in progress. You must complete that installation before continuing this one." error occurs, but no other installation is running. And after any installation, the msiexec.exe process does not stop and continues...
  4. you must have administrative privileges to install or uninstall this product

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    you must have administrative privileges to install or uninstall this product: How to activate https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-must-have-administrative-privileges-to-install/d922c391-c679-4a55-b079-daba62646163
  5. you must have administrative privileges to install or uninstall this product

in Windows 10 Gaming
    you must have administrative privileges to install or uninstall this product: How to activate https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-must-have-administrative-privileges-to-install/d922c391-c679-4a55-b079-daba62646163
  6. you must have administrative privileges to install or uninstall this product

7. Daemon Tools Pro won't start or mount images

Daemon Tools Pro won't start or mount images: Like title says, for some reason Daemon Tools Pro (latest build 8.3.0) won't launch or mount images anymore. When I double click the application shortcut or images to mount (they're associated to open with DT), the loading cursor appears for a split second but nothing...
  8. daemon tools without a disk drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    daemon tools without a disk drive: my gaming pc doesn't have an internal dvd drive, is there anyway i can still use daemon tools without a dvd drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/daemon-tools-without-a-disk-drive/94e57842-c81b-495f-803f-8d7208fcc72c
  9. Complete Uninstall

Complete Uninstall: 3-31-2020 Thanks for any help. I have uninstalled Macrium Reflect in the normal way but it has left garbage on my computer. It seems that Microsoft has sown it into Windows 10. How can I completely get rid of it????????? 153328
  10. Install and Uninstall Graphics Tools in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Install and Uninstall Graphics Tools in Windows 10: How to: Install and Uninstall Graphics Tools in Windows 10 How to Install and Uninstall Graphics Tools in Windows 10 [img] Information With Windows 10, the graphics diagnostic tools are now available from within Windows as an optional feature. To use the graphics...